Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 4/18/2009, Honorable Sarah Palin would make an amazing American president.
I agree. 11 21.57%
I disagree. 40 78.43%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 10:11 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

It's amazing that someone with almost NO EXPERIENCE IN GOVERNMENT was trying to secure the slot of second most powerful person in our federal government with the complete approval of the party.

If John McCain was not ALREADY a TERRIBLE choice, he was followed on the ticket by Sarah Palin!

And its not like this was a one time screwup, this comes AFTER 8 YEARS OF GEORGE W. BUSH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 11:19 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Sarah Palin: Levi/Bristol Would Shack Up "Over My Dead Body"

I'm sure they didn't actually LIVE together. He probably just spent the night a lot. That's not the same, so Sarah knows she can get away with saying things like, "over my dead body." She's splitting hairs, that's all. The party of "family values" really should practice what they preach. By the way, what right does she have to pass judgment on the motivation of the Johnston family? She's one to talk! Or, maybe it takes one to know one. It just provides for some of the best entertainment. Can you imagine those SNL Skits?
Why is it that you are so full of hate for this family, and Christians in general. Get over it, and quit the smear campaign against Sara Palin.

How did I know this was from the Huffington Post. And Esquire! Give me a break!

Old 04-12-2009, 11:26 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Sarah is in freefall. She needs to just shut up about her daughter's precious sex life and speak about her flip flopping about accepting the stim funds!
Freefall? Don't you wish. I wish you people would shut up about Palin and get a real life.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:55 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's amazing that someone with almost NO EXPERIENCE IN GOVERNMENT was trying to secure the slot of second most powerful person in our federal government with the complete approval of the party.
Danny boy, the last 25 years we've elected people with little DC experience except being Governor of a state. All the way from Jimmy Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush 2.

The one person with almost no experience of any kind and never really held a regular job is now in the number 1 spot.

No one in the US from either party can use this argument effectively.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Danny boy, the last 25 years we've elected people with little DC experience except being Governor of a state. All the way from Jimmy Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush 2.

The one person with almost no experience of any kind and never really held a regular job is now in the number 1 spot.

There's a wee bit of difference in their political careers. Being the Senator of a state is much more experience in federal government then being the Governor of 600,000 souls in oil rich Alaska. That's Ted Stevens country. Republican all the way.

As isolated FROM the Federal government as one gets. So lets just say Gov. Palin had the same responsibility as the Mayor of Memphis (demographically speaking) but with much more money in the till.

My guess is she had even less experience. And I'll take Obama's experience over the Mayor of Memphis or most others in state government.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:05 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Carter & Clinton (especially) came from very small states. At the time Carter was elected, Atlanta was not the power house it is today.

Let's pick the super star Bill Clinton from Arkansas. I love the state but come on, how does this qualify him to be any more the president then the Governor on New Mexico.

Obama has almost no real experience in true life adventures.

Your argument is not valid.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:06 PM

654 posts, read 1,210,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

I was about to say the same thing.

If you are going to go after Palin for lack of experience (mayor, and half a term as governor) then you have to also do the same for Obama (2 years as a senator, most of which was spent campaigning for the presidency). How is it exactly that the former is an example of 'lack of experience' while it is taboo, or possibly even racist, to say the same thing for the latter?

Old 04-12-2009, 12:09 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I wish you people would shut up about Palin and get a real life.
You mean, just look the other way and refrain from comment when she says and does these stupid things? Sorry, no can do. What's your second wish?

Old 04-12-2009, 12:36 PM

654 posts, read 1,210,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
There's a wee bit of difference in their political careers. Being the Senator of a state is much more experience in federal government then being the Governor of 600,000 souls in oil rich Alaska. That's Ted Stevens country. Republican all the way.

As isolated FROM the Federal government as one gets. So lets just say Gov. Palin had the same responsibility as the Mayor of Memphis (demographically speaking) but with much more money in the till.

My guess is she had even less experience. And I'll take Obama's experience over the Mayor of Memphis or most others in state government.
Senators aren't in charge of anything. They give speeches and vote for or against (or 'present' in Obama's case) bills. Governors on the other hand are the chief executives of their states that actually have to make command decisions. There is a reason why we generally elect governors, and not senators, to the presidency. In this case both major candidates were senators so it basically came down to who could give the better speeches since neither could point to any real experience as an executive.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
Senators aren't in charge of anything. They give speeches and vote for or against (or 'present' in Obama's case) bills. Governors on the other hand are the chief executives of their states that actually have to make command decisions. There is a reason why we generally elect governors, and not senators, to the presidency. In this case both major candidates were senators so it basically came down to who could give the better speeches since neither could point to any real experience as an executive.
But the Governor of Alaska? And for only 18 months? Heck, she didnt even have a chance to understand what she's doing in the great state of Alaska, and the next thing you know she is one 72 year old heartbeat away from being President?

I'm not buying the "experience" argument on Palin, no matter her rank, or title. Less than a decade from Mayor of something like 10,000 people?

Scary what politics have turned into, at least for one party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies