Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 09:57 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
Burdell wasnt talking to you about the post, he was insulting me because I do not agree with homosexuality or same sex marriage.

If you took my question as an insult I apologize, was not intended as such.

But I do believe as stated that McCarthy ruined lives with unfounded allegations, lies actually, and I believe you have stated you believed he was right. I think I asked a reasonable question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 09:57 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,911,656 times
yes, but not both sides. He doesnt want to debate he was here for personal attacks and I am here to discuss the original post.

I have not seen definitive research on that fact that Homosexuality is a not a choice--I have seen speculation, near attempts to say there are brain differences but the research was faulty and not complete. So it is still in the debate stage and i can only go on observation, analysis, experiences, knowledge, belief

Old 03-30-2007, 10:00 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,204,103 times
Quote:
yes, but not both sides. He doesnt want to debate he was here for personal attacks and I am here to discuss the original post.

I have not seen definitive research on that fact that Homosexuality is a not a choice--I have seen speculation, near attempts to say there are brain differences but the research was faulty and not complete. So it is still in the debate stage and i can only go on observation, analysis, experiences, knowledge, belief
In that case do you have an practical arguments against it? As in, "it will harm children" or " "it will weaken same-sex marriage"?

Old 03-30-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If you took my question as an insult I apologize, was not intended as such.

But I do believe as stated that McCarthy ruined lives with unfounded allegations, lies actually, and I believe you have stated you believed he was right. I think I asked a reasonable question.
If this was said then I believe it is a resonable objection. Would you happen to have any arguments to support your belief that homosexuality should be allowed?

Old 03-30-2007, 10:02 PM

burdell it wasnt reasonable, this is a thread about gay marriage and homosexuality not about joe mcCarthy, I believe he was right, and I dont think he ruined lives that were not in someways guilty. Joe stalin ruined millions of lives with murder but no one is arguing that he a bad guy, Castro murdered thousands in his revolution but people love to where the pro communist icon of Che Guevarra. So I support McCarthy and JFK for that matter and their anti communist stand and you can support murdering 12 million jews, gays, and gypsies and others by the commies.

Now back to the original topic

Old 03-30-2007, 10:06 PM

i do not support gay marriage on the fact that marriage is an institution between one man and one woman. before this gay marriage debate happened, in the 90s and before the gay community was arguing that marriage was an archaic, ridiculous institution of the straights and that the heteros could have it, but then it became another way for the gays to gay economic, political and social viability and so they have(not all mind you) started to promote marriage as a way to not being tolerated but accepted as normal behavior.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
i do not support gay marriage on the fact that marriage is an institution between one man and one woman. before this gay marriage debate happened, in the 90s and before the gay community was arguing that marriage was an archaic, ridiculous institution of the straights and that the heteros could have it, but then it became another way for the gays to gay economic, political and social viability and so they have(not all mind you) started to promote marriage as a way to not being tolerated but accepted as normal behavior.
Well in the 90's they were occupied with aruging against laws against their very sexuality, think anti-sodomy laws, to really focus on gay marriage. As for homosexual behavior being normal this may or may-not be the case but how is it relevant even if it weren't normal? Plenty of things we do aren't normal or nature for instance tats, piercings, flying a plane, MANY religious ceremonies, etc.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:18 PM

well tats are normal for many as are piercings. Flying a plane has a scientific component of physics, areodynamics and it is normal. many religious ceremonies, while not understood or accepted are normative to general cultures in given places. it is based on faith and practice, not taking what is normal and making it abberant

Old 03-30-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
well tats are normal for many as are piercings. Flying a plane has a scientific component of physics, areodynamics and it is normal. many religious ceremonies, while not understood or accepted are normative to general cultures in given places. it is based on faith and practice, not taking what is normal and making it abberant
Tats are not natural and neither are piercings. If you are arguing that their noraml because they have been implemented and around for awhile, how do you argue that homosexuality isn't normal?

Old 03-30-2007, 10:20 PM

as an active participant in the gay rights struggles of the 80s and 90s, i can tell you that it was more than too busy, it was something that the community rejected outright. they were against it on principle as an abnormal heterosexual practice that they saw no use for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies