Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
as an active participant in the gay rights struggles of the 80s and 90s, i can tell you that it was more than too busy, it was something that the community rejected outright. they were against it on principle as an abnormal heterosexual practice that they saw no use for
How do it matter now? If that were the case, aren't they allowed to change their mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
Quote:
burdell it wasnt reasonable, this is a thread about gay marriage and homosexuality not about joe mcCarthy, I believe he was right, and I dont think he ruined lives that were not in someways guilty. Joe stalin ruined millions of lives with murder but no one is arguing that he a bad guy, Castro murdered thousands in his revolution but people love to where the pro communist icon of Che Guevarra. So I support McCarthy and JFK for that matter and their anti communist stand and you can support murdering 12 million jews, gays, and gypsies and others by the commies.

Now back to the original topic
Believe me, if I was really trying to insult someone I could do a MUCH better job

And now you are evidently trying to insult me by implying I support the murder of 12 million people, JUST as UNFOUNDED as most of McCarthy's babble. But it gives me a better idea of the source.

NOW back to the original topic.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:23 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,911,250 times
morally and unnatural to all but one or two examples in the animal world. and it is unnatural to the scientific order and make up of human beings as we are created with a penis, and we make sperm , and we have ovaries, a vagina and make eggs, they are naturally created for the other and not other order

Old 03-30-2007, 10:31 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,982 times
Quote:
morally and unnatural to all but one or two examples in the animal world. and it is unnatural to the scientific order and make up of human beings as we are created with a penis, and we make sperm , and we have ovaries, a vagina and make eggs, they are naturally created for the other and not other order
Actually there have been many variations across all manner of animals in regards to their sexual orientation. And if you are arguing that homosexual sex goes against the ntrual funcation of the genitals I have already said why does that matter there are plenty of things that we do that arent natural. If you want to argue against homosexuality on this you would have to also argue against masturbation because that too goes against the funcation of the genitals. The only way this would have any merit is if you include a moral argument against it that has substance which you have not. I have already presented a moral argument based on Kants categorical imperatives. Also even if you do present a moral arguemtn against sodomy it would then naturally carry over to things such as mastubartion because that too goes against natural function.

Old 03-31-2007, 06:07 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,129,375 times
I support gay marriage. I support it because I believe people deserve to make their own choices, and marriage is a choice, not an obligation or the responsibility of anyone other than the two people wishing to join together.

Having a legal agreement also protects people who form a union, and hence provides them with safe-guards that otherwise do not apply, ie., in cases of death, sharing of property, legally adopting children, and insurance benefits.

I was very pleased that the case of the State of Massachusetts vs. Norton was upheld, and that my long-time friend Mary Norton was able to marry her partner Wendy Becker (both of Providence, RI) and protect their two children.

Old 03-31-2007, 06:50 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,261,167 times
Having a "legal agreement" is one thing, a marriage quite another. Marriage is not a right. Marriage is an institution designed to form a permanent union between one man and one woman. That is the ideal. A cleryman might bless a homosexual marriage but God wont.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:28 AM

They have no right to marriage, and it is an institution between a man and a woman.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:33 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,858 times
I do believe gay people have civil unions? Correct me please if I am wrong, but they can be joined that way in marriage. I think what religious people do not like is them trying to change their view on things and skew what marriage means to them and trying to make it ok in their choice of religion, being not afflicated with any religion mysel, I do believe that reglious people have that right to keep their laws the way they see fight, Jews and Christians alike have sects within their chosen religious ideals that do not accept that, that is their right, and its also the rights of the gay couple to find a accepting jewish or chrisitian church that will welcome them..to each their own, wish both sides could respect this and let people live as they see fit for themselves here.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:27 AM

they have civil unions in NJ, NY, California, Vermont. and they have marriage in Mass.

these are the state that want it and should be up to the voters if they want it in their state.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:28 AM

206 posts, read 939,244 times
I think gay marriage should be legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies