Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:31 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,499,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Hmmm didn't I say people on BOTH sides need to shut up? Yes I did.

Did we have many Somali pirates Hijacking ships under president Bush? Don't really think so so what does that have to do with this, nothing.

Third, I stated apparently you just didn't read my post, that we should just say good job and thank God no Americans were hurt. Never said you didn't.
Over 200 years since the last pirates overtook an American flagged ship. I think MSNBC forgot to tell these folks that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripoli
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 07:32 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,982,814 times
This is why I never posted to any of the Somali pirate threads. Apparently, he listened to some good military commanders and did the right thing.

Now if he could just fire the Keynesian witchdoctors...

Old 04-12-2009, 07:33 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,963,566 times
Sorry but I don't have squirrels running around in my bell tower, so explain to me who "TOLD" the President of the United States of America that he had to sign the orders you mention???

Mighty funny that the petulant criticism from many here was that in some way the President would do back flips for the pirates and get the American captain killed.

Now, that they sit around with mush on their faces, it'll be a day or two before they can spin it to try to make the President look like he did not set the tone and direction to HIS military commanders concerning the scope and options of this mission.

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
if duba was in charge that pos would have been shot swimming after the hostage when he jumped the lifeboat ending it sooner
The reality is, we don't know what dubya would have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Hmmm didn't I say people on BOTH sides need to shut up? Yes I did.

Did we have many Somali pirates Hijacking ships under president Bush? Don't really think so so what does that have to do with this, nothing.
Third, I stated apparently you just didn't read my post, that we should just say good job and thank God no Americans were hurt. Never said you didn't.
You may not think so, but you would be wrong. I posted this several times on anti-Obama threads about this piracy.

List of ships attacked by Somali pirates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2,159 posts, read 2,586,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
sorry I will not praise Obama for making Phillips wait 5 days to be rescued. They could have done the exact same thing LAST THURSDAY. But know, we have to pander to the world and make it look like we are trying to be diplomatic when in reality YOU CAN'T NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS.
ROFLMAO!!!!!

Your anti-Obama sentiment is hillarious in this instance - absolutely NO ONE other than a certified Neocon Nut Case would agree with you!!!

Obama did EXACTLY the right thing at EXACTLY the right time!!!

Mission Accomplished!!! BIG TIME!!!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:34 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,499,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Actually, yes there were.
So now we should be the world police? Which is it?

Old 04-12-2009, 07:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Over 200 years since the last pirates overtook an American flagged ship. I think MSNBC forgot to tell these folks that.

Tripoli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
See post #24. Check link.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:35 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,772,644 times
Although I am not an Obama fan I gave kudos on another thread about this success. But you Obama partisans need to settle down. There is a saying in football refering to antics after scoring a touchdown, act like you have been in the end zone before.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:36 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,454,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Have you bothered to look at the number of vile Obama hating threads started on this forum in the past few months???

Why don't you criticise those who are engaging in daily hate-filled diatribes against Obama???

Dubya never did a thing to confront the Somali Pirates - Obama IS - and we have reason to celebrate this!!!

And YES - I've already said numerous times - which you conveniently ignore - that the Navy sharpshooters did a great job!!
sorry, but I'm pretty sure no american hostages had been taken by the pirates under Bush's term. The liberal media would have had a field day with that.

And sorry, have you read the story:
The pirates had tied up Phillips and were pointing an AK-47 assault rife at his back
Officer: Legal, military steps to stop pirates hasn't discouraged lawlessness off Somali coast -- chicagotribune.com

the navy had to wait until he was about to be executed before they could act instead of being allowed to be proactive. Maybe next time they are a second too late....
Somali Pirates Attack First U.S. Ship in 200 Years, Hostage Attempts Escape | Spectator Blog
believed to be the first attack in over 200 years.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:36 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,039,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You may not think so, but you would be wrong. I posted this several times on anti-Obama threads about this piracy.

List of ships attacked by Somali pirates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I believe he meant American ships attacked by Somali pirates. However, had Bush attacked Somalia or tried to police the pirates, he probably would have been torn to pieces by his haters, and the world would have further witness to American arrogance in trying to police the world. Put a friendly face on it, however, and opinion seems to be just the opposite...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies