Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:18 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
I think they should each get a 12 inch Humble Pie (a la mode if they like) for this one!!!

Their blind hatred of the man can sometimes end very embarassingly!!!

Obama showed the Somali pirates far far far far more force and courage in his first 100 days in office, than that pile of CRAP Dubya displayed in 8 long years!!!

Go Obama!!!

Go Navy Sharpshooters!!!

Obama-haters - the last laugh is on YOU!!!
How dare you. How dare you use this miracle as nothing more than a political ploy. Your insistence on divisiveness after something like this is unfathomable... You need to grow up and quit starting fights..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 07:18 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times
Quote:
Have you bothered to look at the number of vile Obama hating threads started on this forum in the past few months???

Why don't you criticise those who are engaging in daily hate-filled diatribes against Obama???

Dubya never did a thing to confront the Somali Pirates - Obama IS - and we have reason to celebrate this!!!

And YES - I've already said numerous times - which you conveniently ignore - that the Navy sharpshooters did a great job!!

Hmmm didn't I say people on BOTH sides need to shut up? Yes I did.

Did we have many Somali pirates Hijacking ships under president Bush? Don't really think so so what does that have to do with this, nothing.

Third, I stated apparently you just didn't read my post, that we should just say good job and thank God no Americans were hurt. Never said you didn't.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:22 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,874 times
Quote:
I think they should each get a 12 inch Humble Pie (a la mode if they like) for this one!!!

Their blind hatred of the man can sometimes end very embarassingly!!!

Obama showed the Somali pirates far far far far more force and courage in his first 100 days in office, than that pile of CRAP Dubya displayed in 8 long years!!!

Go Obama!!!

Go Navy Sharpshooters!!!

Obama-haters - the last laugh is on YOU!!!
Ummm Mr Bob~ hate to break it to you but it was the Pentagon that engineered the rescue and they wrote the order and had Obama sign it. If picking up a pen and signing an order he was told to sign makes him a hero, Umm OK.

Why does this have to be a case of "I am right and you are wrong ha ha". The only thing that matters is that the Captain was rescued by the Navy and he is safe.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:24 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post

Did we have many Somali pirates Hijacking ships under president Bush? Don't really think so so what does that have to do with this, nothing.
Actually, yes there were.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:24 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Ummm Mr Bob~ hate to break it to you but it was the Pentagon that engineered the rescue and they wrote the order and had Obama sign it. If picking up a pen and signing an order he was told to sign makes him a hero, Umm OK.

Why does this have to be a case of "I am right and you are wrong ha ha". The only thing that matters is that the Captain was rescued by the Navy and he is safe.
Sorry - but that is NOT the only thing that matters - not by a long shot...

People on this forum have been disparaging Obama since before he was sworn in...

He authorized use of force - HE GETS CREDIT FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE MISSION - PERIOD!!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

He is far far more protective of our national sovereignty than DUBYA ever was... and this is just more absolute proof of that..

Go Obama!!!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:25 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post

As Commander in Chief, then yes he is the one doing the orders, just like Bush did when he was Commander in Chief.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:27 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I'm sorry if this sounds cruel of me but I think its a good thing that couple of the pirates were killed. Maybe it will be a cautionary tale to the rest. They were the masters of their own destruction, not the US.

AND I do say Horay for the US.
Yeah, they'll just go back to their starving impoverished conditions and enjoy that peaceful lifestyle...

Old 04-12-2009, 07:28 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Did we have many Somali pirates Hijacking ships under president Bush?
Yes, we did

Old 04-12-2009, 07:29 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I loved the band- saw them a couple of time and have them on vinyl.

Now back to the show...

From posts discussing the pirate takeover of the Maersk (sp?):

Obama gave us false hope that he would fix all the ills...in time. I just want to see one that he has fixed to date. Not asking much, you know?

This is a good one:

What will barry do? Pay them off? Ignore it? Go hide under the covers?

and this one:

What will Barry do? Probably go on national TV and say how we need to talk with the pirates, and describe a life of poverty, oppression, and isolationism for your average pirate.

It's not fair for me to keep the fun to myself, so I'll stop.

What about it- can anyone add some more brilliant one-liners?
3 people do not make a nation. Obama gave the order, that's what presidents do in conflicts between different states.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:30 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,718 times
sorry I will not praise Obama for making Phillips wait 5 days to be rescued. They could have done the exact same thing LAST THURSDAY. But no, we have to pander to the world and make it look like we are trying to be diplomatic when in reality YOU CAN'T NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS.

Last edited by nrfitchett4; 04-12-2009 at 07:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies