Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:38 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Exactly. Very true. I have never heard of Democrats calling him their Savior or Messiah.

Odd you say that. I have a sociology professor whose friend went to college with Obama. My professor said she also asked her friend what was up with Obama and her friend replied "Haha. I can still remember him smoking his cigs and me and him having a good time. He's a really good man. He had big dreams and cared greatly for people. "

So glad he is in office. There was a great risk if McCain/Palin had won. Big time. And yes, there was fear of the long eight years of failure from the Bush admin.

PS-My professor told me that her friend is inviting Obama over for lunch whenever he is in the area. She said she would let me know IF (crosses my fingers) it happens. She took down my email and phone number in case it happens when I am not longer her student. Imagine me having lunch with Obama.

IMHO someone who smokes is someone who is dim witted and lacks self-determination.

Someone who has big dreams and cares deeply for the people sound like a communist.

What was the risk associated with McCain, skyrocketing deficits?

Maybe it would be a lack of transparency or continuing the Bush policies like someone else I see doing that exactly that.

I wonder if he'll bring his TelePrompter to this lunch. Conversation could drag a little without it.

So what specifically makes you so glad he is in office (specifically)?

Eight long years of failure? Could provide a few examples?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 02:39 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Here's the actual scoreboard on his promises, updated as he goes. You should bookmark it.

Enjoy.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises
well, he's already broken the no taxes one, so that should be automatic getting bounced in 2012.

Cap and trade will push it over the top.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
I have more fear of national security now than I would have under any Conservative president who don't historically cut defense spending to a point that the military can't operate.
It's funny how liberals can freely throw borrowed and pretend money to the four winds in the name of stimulus (vote buying) by the trillions without even reading the bill. Ditto with the 3.6 trillion budget that no one understands. But when it comes to doing one of the few things the federal government is actually authorized to do by the Constitution, they find religion and want to cut, cut, cut.

"The Obama administration has asked the military's Joint Chiefs of Staff to cut the Pentagon's budget request for the fiscal year 2010 by more than 10 percent -- about $55 billion -- a senior U.S. defense official tells FOX News."
"Last year's defense budget was $512 billion. Service chiefs and planners will be spending the weekend "burning the midnight oil" looking at ways to cut the budget -- looking especially at weapons programs, the defense official said."

Defense Official: Obama Calling for Defense Budget Cuts - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

$512 billion is less than half what our kids will spend repaying the political payola spending bill. Well, that's the three tenants of the liberal faith. Spend recklessly, tax mercilessly and cut defense irresponsibly.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
gee another I don't like Obama thread! City Data must be home of the tea baggers.Well if Obama did go back on his campaign promises (like to know which ones) at least his broken promises didn't kill 4000 troops & maim thousands of them. Remember this glorious quote from Bush:

"I'm not into nation building!"

Had Carter done his job in 1979 and installed a new government in Iran, like his national security advisor was practically begging him to do, we could have avoided five wars in that part of the world including the two we are now fighting. Millions upon millions have died because of his decision to do nothing. Had Clinton not allowed the CIA to fall into a state of ineffectiveness due to a lack of leadership, inadequate budgets and a 25% attrition rate, we may have had operatives inside Afghanistan prior to the 9/11 attacks that were a full five years in the making. The same al Qaeda plotted against us seven times during his presidency with five of the attacks succeeding. Yet with the writing on the wall he also chose to do nothing. GWB did something to protect us and the left calls him a war criminal. That's why the Democrats have such difficulty keeping the White House. They always fall asleep at the switch.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:45 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnasi View Post
Has anyone on the left finally came to realize that obama is really not the savior YOU guys thought he was.
The only people that gave him that title, were those that didn't care for him

Quote:
Or at least finally doubted him once. OR just realized he is just another dirty politician which he claimed he wasn't.
Still nothing showing "dirty" unless you use politician as a synonym for dirty.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would follow any politician or political party blindly. But there are many who do on all sides of the political spectrum.

Quote:
I mean he went back on his word like so many times.
What someone would like to do and what some one can do are the basis of our elections. We hope (vote) for one, but usually get the other.

Quote:
has anyone else noticed that in his speeches he is not even moving anymore.
Maybe since he is speaking to smaller audiences, he doesn't have to connect with someone in the 100th row. (also, where each news media agency had 3 or 4 cameras before he was elected, now they just have one or maybe two.)

Quote:
And even though i do not like him i used to love hearing him speak. Now when he speaks it is like why am i watching him he is going to lie anyway.
Huh?

Quote:
I know people will hate me for pointing out this info but it is true and truth hurts sometimes.
No, it is your opinion. Just like my comments are my opinion. So far (to me) right or wrong, he is acting like a president. He is not there to please everyone. Disagree with him (I have, and have emailed his office a few times), agree with him (yup, I have, and emailed his office then too) but do so because you agree or disagree with him, not some 3rd party, that always supports or dislikes him gives you your talking points.

Last edited by plannine; 04-13-2009 at 05:02 AM..

Old 04-13-2009, 04:47 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnasi View Post
Has anyone on the left finally came to realize that obama is really not the savior YOU guys thought he was. Or at least finally doubted him once. OR just realized he is just another dirty politician which he claimed he wasn't.

I mean he went back on his word like so many times.

has anyone else noticed that in his speeches he is not even moving anymore.
And even though i do not like him i used to love hearing him speak. Now when he speaks it is like why am i watching him he is going to lie anyway.

I know people will hate me for pointing out this info but it is true and truth hurts sometimes.
WE never regarded him as 'our savior'... those are talking points straight out of Limbaugh and Hannity...

Your factless, emotionally subjective diatribe above is laughable... I think we can safely put you into the 'I hate Obama' category!!

Old 04-13-2009, 05:01 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Aside from expanding abortion and social engineering initiatives, I can't think of any campaign promises he's kept. Maybe that's why his approval numbers continue to tank.

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

Perhaps you could list a few.
Bush was only a couple of points higher after his first month.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:26 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,746 times
Quote:
Aside from expanding abortion and social engineering initiatives, I can't think of any campaign promises he's kept. Maybe that's why his approval numbers continue to tank.

Are you saying that you need to get your memory checked??

There are plenty of accomplishments for the first 100 days - you just refuse to recognize them, no matter how many times people point them out to you...

Do your own research - why should we waste the time?

You are clearly and firmly in the 'I hate Obama' camp...

Old 04-13-2009, 05:27 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,990 times
accomplishments???
The biggest spending president ever comes to mind.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:14 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
IMHO someone who smokes is someone who is dim witted and lacks self-determination.

Someone who has big dreams and cares deeply for the people sound like a communist.

What was the risk associated with McCain, skyrocketing deficits?

Maybe it would be a lack of transparency or continuing the Bush policies like someone else I see doing that exactly that.

I wonder if he'll bring his TelePrompter to this lunch. Conversation could drag a little without it.

So what specifically makes you so glad he is in office (specifically)?

Eight long years of failure? Could provide a few examples?
I agree, I think his intelligence is in doubt. Anyone who smokes in this day and age is a little slow. Doesn't that bother any of his supporters. Talk about a bad role model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies