Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 07:41 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Can someone be a man of the utmost integrity and also be a liar?

Only if he is a Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 07:42 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnasi View Post
Has anyone on the left finally came to realize that obama is really not the savior YOU guys thought he was. Or at least finally doubted him once. OR just realized he is just another dirty politician which he claimed he wasn't.

I mean he went back on his word like so many times.

has anyone else noticed that in his speeches he is not even moving anymore.
And even though i do not like him i used to love hearing him speak. Now when he speaks it is like why am i watching him he is going to lie anyway.

I know people will hate me for pointing out this info but it is true and truth hurts sometimes.

I've never heard that "Savior" business come out of the mouths of anyone but the Neocons. I'm not aware of anyone else that intrinsically blasphemous.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Can someone be a man of the utmost integrity and also be a liar?
I'll take it one step further into the weeds: Can a man born and bred in the thick of Chicago politics actually not tell lies? I'd reason that history dictates a resounding "hell no"..

Note: For you igits about to call me out on the "born" in Chicago thing, get your head out of your arses. I'm referring to his political career.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:15 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
1) Obama can't really be held responsible for the reactions of people who put all their hopes in his candidacy;
2) That reaction was probably an overdetermined response to a very real exhaustion with the Bush years
1) Obama can be held responsible - the people didn't put hope into his candidacy. Obama did. His entire candidacy was about HOPE.

2) Oh, so it was an election "on-the-rebound"? Well we know what happens when people fall in love on the rebound. That explains everything.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:21 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Among other things. We are told how smart he is, smoking is not too smart. It's funny how some people are so invested in him they can't even acknowledge his smoking is wrong. Oh well.
I don't know how smart he is - I guess "smart" and judgement don't go hand in hand. As for his smoking...he's clearly addicted. You need strength of character to kick an addiction. He couldn't give up his Blackberry either, and he wouldn't know what to say without his teleprompter. Hope the White House is off limits to his smoking. Does he go outside and stand at the back door, I wonder, while he takes a smoke break?

Old 04-13-2009, 09:14 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Had Carter done his job in 1979 and installed a new government in Iran, like his national security advisor was practically begging him to do, we could have avoided five wars in that part of the world including the two we are now fighting. Millions upon millions have died because of his decision to do nothing.

It's amazing that you keep right on repeating this after all the times you've been called on it. It is so not true. Zbigniew Brezenski was the person behind the nuturing of fundamentalist Islam in all of the Arab States bordering the USSR. He believed this would lead to Islamic Revolutions in the bordering Soviet Republics with large Islamic populations. He took personal credit for the invasion of Afghanistan by the Soviets, seeing it as the USSR stepping into a trap he had personally set for them. Carter's mistake was in listening to this idiot at all, not in ignoring him. I don't see how his verbal support of the Shah erases his much larger role of both material and policy support to Islamic Fundamentalism including the Ayatollah Khomeini.

He was slower than Carter to realize that the puppet Monarch we put in power after assassinating the democratically elected President was on his way out, but I see no reason that should count in his favor, or against Carter.

Quote:
Quote:
"What is most important to the history of the world? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?" When the interviewer questioned him about Islamic fundamentalism representing a world menace, Brzezinski said, "Nonsense!" [21][22]
---Zbigniew Brezenski

Old 04-13-2009, 10:11 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
IMHO someone who smokes is someone who is dim witted and lacks self-determination.

Someone who has big dreams and cares deeply for the people sound like a communist.

What was the risk associated with McCain, skyrocketing deficits?

Maybe it would be a lack of transparency or continuing the Bush policies like someone else I see doing that exactly that.

I wonder if he'll bring his TelePrompter to this lunch. Conversation could drag a little without it.

So what specifically makes you so glad he is in office (specifically)?

Eight long years of failure? Could provide a few examples?
Oh please...!!!! We have gone through this over and over and over again.

So you are saying we should not care for each other? How selfish. Aren't you a Christian? I recall that we have argued again and again about this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Among other things. We are told how smart he is, smoking is not too smart. It's funny how some people are so invested in him they can't even acknowledge his smoking is wrong. Oh well.
Oh please. My father is a smart man but he drinks. It is a habit of his. He does not it in a responsible manner.

My best friends mom (Also like my own mother) smokes. VERY SMART and VERY LOVING.

So seriously, if you are going to care about what Obama does in his personal time or his habits, you are picking on something that does not apply to you.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:14 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:

Someone who has big dreams and cares deeply for the people sound like a communist.

Are you serious?

Old 04-13-2009, 10:24 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
No-one wants to address the problem of a '' man of integrity that lies to win an election '' I guess....

Old 04-13-2009, 03:29 PM

284 posts, read 696,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
WE never regarded him as 'our savior'... those are talking points straight out of Limbaugh and Hannity...

Your factless, emotionally subjective diatribe above is laughable... I think we can safely put you into the 'I hate Obama' category!!
I will gladly go there i really do hate obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies