Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 07:06 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,758 times

Advertisements

Oh, I like you too.. and thank God for Bush's surge; [quote]BAGHDAD (AP) — The U.S. military death toll in March, the first full month of the security crackdown, was nearly twice that of the Iraqi army, which American and Iraqi officials say is taking the leading role in the latest attempt to curb violence in the capital, surrounding cities and Anbar province, according to figures compiled on Saturday.
The Associated Press count of U.S. military deaths for the month was 81, including a soldier who died from non-combat causes Saturday. Figures compiled from officials in the Iraqi ministries of Defense, Health and Interior showed the Iraqi military toll was 44. The Iraqi figures showed that 165 Iraqi police were killed in March. Many of the police serve in paramilitary units.

According to the AP count 3,246 U.S. service members have died in Iraq since the war began in March 2003.

At least 83 American forces died in January and 80 in February, according to the AP tabulation.

/QUOTE]

the biggest problem I have with the whackos is that they like Bush, but have very little idea of what he has done or not done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2007, 07:09 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times
yap that is exactly why i didn't want to respond to your question, and against my better judgement I did. Why am I not surprised that you would take for granted the safety of our country and that there has been no attack in over 5 years, and chock it up to luck? You lie in wait ready to pounce and it is not a debate it is just you angry frustrated spewing your rhetoric

Old 03-31-2007, 07:18 PM

Ok, so Clinton did better, between 93 and 01 was 9 years, Bush is sitting at 6.

Besides, if you knew your history, you would know the muslims operate on a different time scale. They still remember Vasco De Gama burning a pilgrim ship in the Indian Ocean, killed over 300 men women and children and took three days to do it.

You think Terrorism is the province of the Islams alone? eh?

Old 03-31-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Yap, I was referring to silas the minor, but I do pride myself on my lack of manners. I spent the day with a cutting torch cutting up an old house trailer to sell for scrap metal, now I am sitting slumped infront of this computer with beer spilled down my shirt, and in a few minutes Rib juice from my broiling ribs, no salad, no carbohydrates. I also cut people off on the freeway, when you drive an ancient diesel pickup with a bad paint job, you can do that.

Notice that Silas nor Spunky can point to any accomplishments of Bush, but they do whine about being underappreciated.

I consider whining bad manners.

Well I guess everyone has to have something to be proud of, and if that's the case you have a lot to be proud of! You must have a lot of anger and frustration in your life and I guess we should give you some slack. . . If coming on these boards and bloviating, name calling, and putting people down for their political views makes you feel like a bigger person then I guess we are being useful to you by being your sounding boards. So have at it!

Old 03-31-2007, 07:23 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
yap that is exactly why i didn't want to respond to your question, and against my better judgement I did. Why am I not surprised that you would take for granted the safety of our country and that there has been no attack in over 5 years, and chock it up to luck? You lie in wait ready to pounce and it is not a debate it is just you angry frustrated spewing your rhetoric
Like I said, Clinton would be responsible for 8 years, for as your people say "doing nothing".

I wonder what kind of GUN that flight attendant made it on the plane with anyway?

Hmm, I bet they thought that 8 year old was a skycap when they let him on those two planes with NO BOARDING PASS. This would normally be fine if we weren't up against people who are training 6 year olds to be suicide bombers.

Been to the Mexican border lately? lol

You can't seriously be measuring our national security by the loss of American lives in Iraq. If so, THUMBS UP BABY!! I'd be wrong in that case. All those dead American soldiers MUST mean we're secure!

Man, if you dodge people like you do questions, the Eagles should draft you to lock in a Superbowl win next year.

~TT

Old 03-31-2007, 07:26 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post

There WAS an attack on 9/11, WHAT would you chalk THAT up to? Also luck or????????????

Old 03-31-2007, 07:31 PM

ooo,, I feel so hurt,, Say Spunky, how about those 3200 American boys Bush has killed? Not to get back on topic or anything.

Lets see, you cross gendered me, to hurt my feelings or to get back at me because I referred to you as a male.. Well, if you are indeed a woman, you are the rudest such I have run into. Most women can express themselves well without sounding like a nutcase, aside from my exwife of course.

Old 03-31-2007, 07:39 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Nope, I'm right on.

HATE
'EM, lol. I think you need a dictionary, or at least enough manners to prevent you from telling others how they feel

~T
Feeling a little stressed out!! I don't like Nancy Pelousi or Ted Kennedy but, would never go as far to say hate. I really don't understand this kind of attitude towards a person.
With President Bush I have actually seen people hate someone. To dislike what is going on is understandable. HATE is such a strong emotion and really not needed when trying to solve world issues.

Old 03-31-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
ooo,, I feel so hurt,, Say Spunky, how about those 3200 American boys Bush has killed? Not to get back on topic or anything.

Lets see, you cross gendered me, to hurt my feelings or to get back at me because I referred to you as a male.. Well, if you are indeed a woman, you are the rudest such I have run into. Most women can express themselves well without sounding like a nutcase, aside from my exwife of course.
Oh, is that the same ex-wife you refered to in another thread that you took alimony or child-support or whatever from? I'm sorry you are so bitter. You calling anybody rude is the funniest thing I have heard all evening.

and trust me I was "not trying to get back at you" another poster earlier said you should not assume gender but you continue to do so and I was just having a little fun. Who knew you were so touchy. If you give it out ya gotta be able to take it.

Old 03-31-2007, 07:44 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Feeling a little stressed out!! I don't like Nancy Pelousi or Ted Kennedy but, would never go as far to say hate. I really don't understand this kind of attitude towards a person.
With President Bush I have actually seen people hate someone. To dislike what is going on is understandable. HATE is such a strong emotion and really not needed when trying to solve world issues.
Ok, I'm going to be sarcastic, but I think you're a nice lady so I'll apologize now, lol

You're right WB. I shouldn't hate Bush for letting who knows how many people die from Katrina by his inaction. I shouldn't hate Bush for sending thousands of young Americans to die in Iraq based on a LIE, and then over 3000 actually dying from it. I shouldn't hate Bush because my children's children will be paying down the deficit he's created.

I should just be "displeased", lol. "Tsk tsk Mr. Bush. You should really be more careful."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies