Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 05:37 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Ok, so the Bushs are actually arms dealers that profit from the deals they make in the middle of the night....of course all without the consent of congress (whom normally approves all arms sales between any of our defense contractors and foreign countries)....and all this time I've been listening to people tell me they're in bed with big business and big oil too....I'm confused now.

You're probably right now that I think about it.....I know even though two members of the Bush family have been the president of the United States and another the governor of Florida, they've still been pretty much down on their luck lately and need to do anything they can to make money (even if it involves illegal arms sales to the middle east).....yeah, that makes sense to me.
Bush pere sold U.S. surplus armament to Iraq. Why do you think the picture exists of Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam? Rummy wasn't invited over for falafels and tea because he was such a nice fellow.

While W occupied the WH, 41 sat on the board of Carlyle, the largest munitions manufacturer in the world. Every bomb that was dropped in Iraq fattened the Bush pocketbook. Bush started a war that profited him directly.

Prescott Bush, father of 41 and grandfather of W, was a banker to the Nazis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 05:45 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I will not take credit for this question as another poster raised it yesterday, but it is a great question and worthy of a thread.

Wouldn't waterboarding Saddam have extracted the information necessary to find those darn WMD's???????

Unless of course, The Bush Crime Family knew that there was nothing to extract!

Nah, I think execution worked great. Maybe thats what we should do with all of them.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:28 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Wouldn't waterboarding Saddam have extracted the information necessary to find those darn WMD's???????
What good would that have done so many months after he was brought down? He knew no more than his generals in the field or his weapons experts at home.

If he had any information that was worth anything, I would be all for it. Even if he didn't, I would be all for it. Savage, I know.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:02 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Bush pere sold U.S. surplus armament to Iraq. Why do you think the picture exists of Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam? Rummy wasn't invited over for falafels and tea because he was such a nice fellow.

While W occupied the WH, 41 sat on the board of Carlyle, the largest munitions manufacturer in the world. Every bomb that was dropped in Iraq fattened the Bush pocketbook. Bush started a war that profited him directly.

Prescott Bush, father of 41 and grandfather of W, was a banker to the Nazis.
Are you talking about this photo:

Shaking Hands with Saddam Hussein

As you can see, it was when Rumsfeld was with Reagan, NOT BUSH and yes, we (meaning the U.S.) sold Iraq (Saddam) arms because he was fighting the Iran-Iraq war. We backed him because of the Iran hostage crisis we had gone through.

When you're asked to sit as a director on a board, it's for consulting so compensation is not performance based. The Carlyle Group is an investment firm that has a very diverse portfolio. George W. and George H. have sat on the board, George W. for two years (1990-92) and George H. for five years (1998-03) as the senior advisor to the Carlyle Asia Advisory Board. Bush Sr. was paid by the Carlyle Group, $80k to $100k per presentation to recruit investors. Although the group specializes in defense and aerospace investments, that still amounts to only 7% of it's assets being in the defense industry.

Carlyle Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What Prescott Bush has to do with your accusation, I don't know but, a quote by the Anti-Defamation League in 2003, taken from what Wikipedia has on Prescott Bush (that link also supplied below) reads:

Rumors about the alleged Nazi 'ties' of the late Prescott Bush ... have circulated widely through the internet in recent years. These charges are untenable and politically motivated. Despite some early financial dealings between Prescott Bush and a Nazi industrialist named Fritz Thyssen (who was arrested by the Nazi regime in 1938 and imprisoned during the war), Prescott Bush was neither a Nazi nor a Nazi sympathizer.

Prescott Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I only guessing but, you sound like you love conspiracy theories. The big problem I find with these theories is that most are enormous (when it comes to, money, resources and the amount of people needed) and yet none seem to ever have a single shred of reliable physical evidence that's been uncovered to support them. Levi Johnston's (Bristol Palin's ex-fiance') sister, can't leave the house to go to school or the store without a crowd of media reporters and cameras following her but, the media has yet to find someone to step forward, that been involved in any of the more popular conspiracy theories some people believe in (some of which would require 100's, if not 1,000's of people to pull off). In my experience, when more than one person knows a secret, there's a good chance it won't stay secret....and for each additional person that knows about it, the chances of it remaining a secret, drop off drastically.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:22 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
p.s. they found those darn WMD's, they were just no longer of value and not usable, dont let facts though stand in your way of a good rant though..
The WMD expired long before we invaded. The thing with chemical weapons is the potency expires as with any drug. I guess the Bush administration didn't realize that chemical weapons expire when they invaded Iraq.

From an article dated 5/8/2003:

Quote:
For weeks, we have been hearing breathless media reports of possible discoveries of chemical and biological weapons by U.S. and British troops in Iraq. Within hours or days, if one scours the back pages of the newspaper, he finds that it was merely another false alarm. But what is never mentioned is that these weapons, made five, ten or fifteen years ago, are almost certainly unusable, having long since passed their stable shelf-life, according to the Department of Defense's own documents based on a decade of international inspections, electronic surveillance and information supplied by spies and defectors.
Lies About Iraq’s Weapons Are Past Expiration Date | | AlterNet

Old 04-25-2009, 08:29 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,004 times
Quote:
There is no need to limit the procedure to ONE guy, its a LEGAL procedure

You can debate that it shouldnt be legal, that would be a valid argument, but to do so, then you would need to be calling current Congress to ask that they write a law outlawing it. Odd that no one in Congress is discussing this though, they want to reserve the right for them to use it down the road...

In no sense has it ever been legal in the USA. It was legal under the Khymer Rouge, Imperial Japan and other admirable places. The USA Court Martialed some American GI's for a waterboarding incident around the turn of the Century and executed Japanese soldiers for waterboarding 50 years later. The America-hating torture lovers must find some other reason to support it besides "it was legal because Alberto Gonzales said it was legal". Remember the President who picked him wanted to put his personal attorney on the Supreme Court. I've had a pretty good fix on that Administration's grasp of the term "legal" ever since.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:17 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Stop and rethink your statement...

They found "yellocake, one of the ingredients used to create dirty bombs, i.e. WMDs...

Maybe you should stop and re-read the links that you posted. Again, the reason Bush recieved the go ahead from Congress was for WMD's. THEY WERE NEVER FOUND. You were wrong, just as Bush and those who sent those soldiers over to IRAQ. Don't try and explain it away the just as Santorum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies