Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:58 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,933,064 times

Advertisements

Just another debacle out of DC. Just throw our hard earned tax dollars out the window. This is pathetic. Once again DC shows how little it cares about the taxpayer. If they and the states were not ready to handle the enormous wave of money they should have waited. The amount of waste, unaccounted money, will be mind boggling

There is little doubt there will be missteps and cases of waste, fraud and abuse, and they must be handled appropriately. But many of the problems will be systemic and flow from the steady erosion of the workforce.

Serious Shortcomings in Obama's Oversight of Stimulus Spending - washingtonpost.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 11:03 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,633 times
I'm dissapointed. I really thought Obama's gubemint people would be better with our money than those evil flashy suit wearing wall street guys.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:04 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
How cute! Repubs are suddenly all about transparency and oversight. I'm sure they are pretty fresh after having their head stuck in sand for years.

You want to talk about missing dollars... let us start with the missing $2.3 trillion dollars that Rumsfeld alluded to on 9/10/2001, never to be talked about since.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
How cute! Repubs are suddenly all about transparency and oversight. I'm sure they are pretty fresh after having their head stuck in sand for years.
Actually I'm all about living in the present.
You should try it,it's liberating.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Actually I'm all about living in the present.
You should try it,it's liberating.
Well, I wish you were around just before 2009.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Well, I wish you were around just before 2009.
yawn

Old 04-24-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:

You want to talk about missing dollars... let us start with the missing $2.3 trillion dollars that
Rumsfeld alluded to on 9/10/2001, never to be talked about since.
First of all two wrongs don't make a right. Second you assume people such as myself did not have as much a problem with the Republican spending as I now have with the Democrats. It all stinks to high heaven. Unfortunately people such as yourself are willing to overlook this type of behavior when it is your party doing the spending. As long as everyone is partisan and it is tit for tat, and revenge spending we are doomed. Wake up people!

Old 04-24-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
First of all two wrongs don't make a right. Second you assume people such as myself did not have as much a problem with the Republican spending as I now have with the Democrats. It all stinks to high heaven. Unfortunately people such as yourself are willing to overlook this type of behavior when it is your party doing the spending. As long as everyone is partisan and it is tit for tat, and revenge spending we are doomed. Wake up people!
Well, I haven't even gotten to the "new one" if there are missing billions already. I'm still stuck on the old trillions... why aren't you? Why is it that you've moved on to "now"?

Sure, you can try to sound like a "saint", but I'm wary of people and their arguments which show up at "convenient" times.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Well, I haven't even gotten to the "new one" if there are missing billions already. I'm still stuck on the old trillions... why aren't you? Why is it that you've moved on to "now"?

Sure, you can try to sound like a "saint", but I'm wary of people and their arguments which show up at "convenient" times.
Well you can believe what you want but I have posted many times that I don't vote for Republicans anymore because of their tendency to act like Democrats when it comes to irresponsible spending. I have no problem calling them like I see them.

I am an independent hoping that some day we will have a real option other than a protest vote. I am thinking about registering Democrat next election just to vote against any incumbent, the election after that I will do the same for the Republicans until I see someone worth voting for.

I would love to start a non-partisan grassroots movement or both Republicans and Democrats that will pledge to vote out every incumbent until these idiots finally get it through their thick skulls that they need to start caring about the voters and not their bank accounts and re-election campaign bank accounts. Can I count on you?

Old 04-25-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Well you can believe what you want but I have posted many times that I don't vote for Republicans anymore because of their tendency to act like Democrats when it comes to irresponsible spending. I have no problem calling them like I see them.

I am an independent hoping that some day we will have a real option other than a protest vote. I am thinking about registering Democrat next election just to vote against any incumbent, the election after that I will do the same for the Republicans until I see someone worth voting for.

I would love to start a non-partisan grassroots movement or both Republicans and Democrats that will pledge to vote out every incumbent until these idiots finally get it through their thick skulls that they need to start caring about the voters and not their bank accounts and re-election campaign bank accounts.Can I count on y ou?
Yes, You Can!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies