Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 02:17 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times

Advertisements

Possibly not arrogance so much as a real, comprehnsive unablity to "understand". . .

This is often the case with the developmentally dissabled that I have worked with. . . such strong belief in their own "belief", that one might as well try to move a mountain. Intelligent people attempt to look as issues, dispassionatly, from all sides, and to see "the other point of view". . . our dear "Troll" does not appear to fit into that category!

Old 05-01-2009, 03:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Arrogance is a double edged sword. You are forcing your own personal morals on people as well. While I do not 100% agree with either you, or the person you are attacking here, neither of you have the right to declare yourselves as the absolute authority on this issue. It's way bigger than individual opinions. As I said before, the law stands as it is. It IS a matter of 'choice'...so, to a point, your side has 'won'.. I think I have made myself pretty plain about how I feel about this issue, and I'm not trying to sway minds in any way, but I do have strong feelings about this issue, for my own reasons. As does everyone. You can't judge people by how they feel. Especially on an issue as volatile as this. Take care now.............

Actually, I'm not forcing people to believe as I do. I'm not trying to force women to have abortions. I know many women who are vehemently pro choice and would NEVER have an abortion themselves.

What the other poster is trying to do is force women to have no choice, and be forced to do what the poster 'feels' is the moral choice. What I am doing is trying to have many choices available. That is the huge difference. I wish there was no need for abortions, I really do. But there is no way I'm going to force a women to become an incubator for a child and possibly harm herself and definitely harm her body in the process to suit my political agenda.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:16 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually, I'm not forcing people to believe as I do. I'm not trying to force women to have abortions. I know many women who are vehemently pro choice and would NEVER have an abortion themselves.

What the other poster is trying to do is force women to have no choice, and be forced to do what the poster 'feels' is the moral choice. What I am doing is trying to have many choices available. That is the huge difference. I wish there was no need for abortions, I really do. But there is no way I'm going to force a women to become an incubator for a child and possibly harm herself and definitely harm her body in the process to suit my political agenda.
Yes you are. You are trying get abortion legalized. Calling it a "choice" is a smokerscreen to try to make yourself sound 'reasonable'.

It would be as absurd as me calling for government to allow me to have a "choice" as to whether I pay taxes or not. That, of course, would be disingenuous. I already have the 'option' to pay taxes. What I'm really gunning for is NOT paying taxes. And that is what the NARAL crones are doing. They WANT abortions performed. Women have always had the "choice" not to have them.

Case in point. Abortion groups vehemently oppose the proposal for women about to get abortions being required to watch an ultrasound of their fetus. So much for the left "wanting women to have all the information". Why on earth would they oppose such a requirement if not to secure more abortions?

I love the twisting of words. You're calling making sure babies are protected "forcing women not to have choice".

For the 100th time. The right of human life trumps the desire of a mother for convenience. Abortion is NOT about the woman; it is about the person being killed. The idea that it is about women is another diversion from the massacre going on.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:17 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
WHO THE HELL IS ANYONE TO MAKE THE DECISION TO KILL A FETUS BEFORE IT IS BORN?
Uhh, very simple actually. The woman who is carrying it.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Uhh, very simple actually. The woman who is carrying it.
Sorry, chum. Women have no moral right to wantonly kill other people. What a repulsive idea.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
We're talking about babies, not fetuses, duh.
OK. You people are laughing about babies being destroyed. How freaking creepy is that? Dr. Mengele would be proud.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:24 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,228 times
Quote:
Sorry, chum. Women have no moral right to wantonly kill other people. What a repulsive idea.
So, what is your point?? You think that men should make the decisions on abortions??

Besides, it's your opinion anyway

Old 05-01-2009, 04:40 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
OK. You people are laughing about babies being destroyed. How freaking creepy is that? Dr. Mengele would be proud.
We're talking about some babies cutting us off some fine slabs of meat in their butcher shops!

Old 05-01-2009, 04:44 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
Matters of "religion" and "belief" cannot be "proven". . . It is exactly this unkown quantity that E. wants to "debate" so that she can be "proven right". . . . let's look at the etymology of the word "inspiration". . . to inspire with spirit. . . as in "taking one's first breath". . . so, would you like to debate that from an etymolological point of view. . . life "begins" with the first breath? I could certainly argue that every bit as well as you can argue that life begins with conception. . . .

and. . . it is not any kind of "wierd" metaphysics that "proves" that life changes form, and continues. . . .that is scientific fact. I dead body is quite "alive". . . .if you actually believe in a "God" that has created all, then God is certainly also an "abortionist", by your definition. . . .there are a huge number of "conceptions" that are "naturally aborted". . . must be "god's" fault!

Old 05-01-2009, 04:55 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
We're talking about some babies cutting us off some fine slabs of meat in their butcher shops!
Kind of a lame attempt at the 'shock and awe' bit man.. I can understand why 'pro life' people view an abortion with disgust. It makes sense to me. The graphic details of an abortion procedure are not something I consider over dinner conversation. I certainly can find no humor in the subject. Takes a pretty twisted mind to joke about such things...but, that's how some people roll I guess. I see points on both sides of this issue...most folks do. I am seeing rabid zealotry from extreme ends of this debate represented here. And some of the rhetoric is pretty nasty. It really does make the views of those posters espousing such stances hard to take seriously. From BOTH ends. Terms like 'butcher' and 'parasite' do little to make a valid point or further anyones arguements. That type of talk just inflames tempers and creates an atmosphere of counterproductive conflict. This IS a touchy subject. It doesn't need any help to fall over the edge. Lol, there have been many threads such as this locked up over the time I have been hanging around here. Gee...wonder why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies