Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:15 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
I think you are a bit off, my friend. Look at any comparison between Democrats & Republicans & see who really is the friend of the poor & needy. Please do your homework to open your eyes otherwise your post seems like a total opposite of reality. But if you cling to that very misinformed notion than frankly there really is no hope for you, I'm afraid.
Buddy, conservatives make less money and donate more of it...that's been proven over and over.

Democrats take other people's money and donate it over and over. That's what I have a problem with. That's what a lot of people have a problem with.

And my biggest problem with that boils down to disincentivizing people to get off their duffs and make it for themselves. Make something of their lives. Do it with a little help but a lot of gumption.
You are giving these people fish and giving them no reason to learn to fish. How do you think they feel about themselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 07:16 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
But look at the stats on planned votes in Congressional elections in 2010. We're doing just as well as you are.
Keep referring to that poll, my friend. Keep hope alive, Jesse!

(It's okay. I cite the same polls over and over too.)

Old 05-03-2009, 09:06 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
I left the GOP, but I still dislike the Dems more than I dislike the Reps.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:45 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,314,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I left the GOP, but I still dislike the Dems more than I dislike the Reps.
Then come back, and let us together work on the issues that damaged the GOP. Let's work to bring an honest government (there will always be dishonest people) back to our cities, counties, states, and nation.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:46 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Then come back, and let us together work on the issues that damaged the GOP. Let's work to bring an honest government (there will always be dishonest people) back to our cities, counties, states, and nation.

I'm still a member of the GOP and would like to see some true reform.

As to the OP, this Happ person has serious issues.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:52 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
I think the message and our core values have gotten lost recently. I don't want to change what we believe to get votes, I think we just need to do a better ob of getting our point across. I'm probably in the minority when I say I believe people like Rush and Colter hurt more than they help. They give their message in a way that comes across hateful and I think people say well if thats what the GOP is about Im not for it. I think we should give our message across in a manner that gets people to say well I think that, or those are some of my values. Hopefully that would bring in the middle of the road voters.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:51 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
I would ask why do some Democrats stay in the Dem party?

Old 05-03-2009, 11:55 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Republicans have been "done" quite a few times during the past four decades, going back to Watergate. The history of elections shows that they always rally back, and this time won't be any different than past experiences.

Why do Republicans stay Republican? Pelosi...

Old 05-03-2009, 12:44 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
With the exodus of those leaving the Republican party coupled with people like Limbaugh asking others to leave [McCain & daughter], what keeps those who stay? When Clinton was having his affairs & carelessly distracting the nation to his gonads, I was furious with him. Not because he was having affairs but that he would be so stupid & hurt the country & the Democratic party. Likewise, when the Dems refused to confront President Bush at the start of the war & as well as years of losses & war chaos. I demanded that my senators take action yet they claimed it was not the time to stop the war!

Anyway, a reasonable person questions government & political parties & calls them out when they fail or lack gumption. Intellectual heavy-weights like Brooks\ Noonan\ Buckley family\ Reagan family\ Ford family, mayor Bloomberg, etc have left the GOP while shaking their heads.

If a person doesn't respect the above deserters as appropriate voices of the Republican party then who can they trust? Why would anyone stay? What do they want? Are they capable to convincing America to vote Republican?
This is all very amusing! The Republican party is going to be just fine and probably stronger, after the results of the dems complete control starts to take effect, the pendulumn will start to swing back to the right, its up to them on how far to the right and how long it will hang there! I understand it feels very good for those of you on the left to bask in the glory of you're new found power, and you are free to assume that it will last, but the fact is, this is the way politics works in America.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:34 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
I consider myself mostly an independent but have voted republican in the past two elections. Frankly, both political parties have serious issues and we need viable third party candidates running for the presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies