Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 11:59 AM

207 posts, read 243,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think a 6 year old child has a right to live in a sanitized society until they are mature enough to understand the world they live in.

I don't see why two men living together and raising a child is any more complicated to understand for a child then a man and a woman raising a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 12:01 PM

[quote=AeroGuyDC;8648053][quote=sray017;8647770]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Actually, yes, young children are increasingly becoming more and more aware of the gay agenda. Just the other day a female friend of mine was approached by her 6 year old son who asked why "Tommy" has two dads and no mother.

Given that the gay agenda includes the ability to adopt children, I would say that her child is well attuned to the gay agenda since he is now asking his mother why one of his classmates has two fathers and no mother. "Natural child curiosity" is just a way for the politically correct to shrug off a conversation that should have never taken place with a 6-year old. Period.

WHY? Why shouldn't this conversation have taken place? There is nothing WRONG with a child understanding that not every family is exactly like the one they are living in. Some kids have gay parents ...no big deal!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:04 PM

79 posts, read 96,349 times
Why shouldn't gay people adopt a symbol of diversity and hope? Maybe it is because they embrace their diversity and hope someday that others will too.

Would you rather have them use the skull and crossbones? Or maybe Darth Vader. Would this help your children?

If your children are dumb enough to be fooled by a symbol you are not doing your job of teaching them to think for themselves. The gays aren't after your children. You are paranoid.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes, actually it does upset me that an intelligent 6-year old has to be diverted from a conversation about gay sex. Sorry if that bothers you, but it disgusts me that such a young mind has to be subjected to something as unnatural and biologically impossible as two men and a child. Simply put, heterosexual parents shouldn't have to be having that conversation at such a young age. Sorry that hurts your feelings, but oh well, don't know what to tell ya.

From my experiences 6 year olds don't generally talk about sex. You aren't diverting them from a conversation about gay sex...you simply say that two men like each other so they live together and take care of a kid. Would you seriously be discussing straight sex with your six year old? I would not be....There is nothing unnatural about raising a child regardless of your sexuality...and plenty of parents who adopt children are not biologically able to have them either so I fail to see why ability to procreate naturally matters. I don't see wny heterosexual parents should get a break when it comes to explaining the world to children.

Side note...my friend (who is a lesbian) has twins with a previous partner...they split up when the kids were still very young and have both been in long term relationships with other people for most of the kids lives...thus her 5 year old little girl was telling me "I am so lucky cause I have four mommies and most of my friends only have one!"

Old 05-05-2009, 12:07 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,351,048 times
Quote:
Example: A Rainbow.

The rainbow is a symbol of hope. Children draw and associate all things as good and positive and hopeful with the rainbow.

When was the rainbow appropriated by the homosexual community as their international symbol and why?

Was it done as a deliberate action by the homosexual community in order that children unconsciously associate "rainbow" + "person using it" = positive?

Is this symbol being used to spread an unconscious psychological message and engender a response for children?

I have seen the rainbow symbol on flags, bumper stickers, t-shirts, buttons, etc. When children see these things they associate the rainbow with something fun and innocent. Are homosexuals fun and innocent? Should a child's mind be subjected to unconscious psychological cues at such an early age? Babies play with rainbow toys in the crib, they draw rainbow pictures as children - then they see the "rainbow people" and the seed was already planted before they could speak.

But I remember there was a time when I wore rainbow suspenders like Mork from Ork - and NOBODY called me "gay". I don't think a teen would wear rainbow suspenders in 2009, because if someone wears anything with a rainbow motif in 2009 - they're assumed to be gay.

I suppose nobody has wondered about this except me.

Maybe we should think about it.
The rainbow has been used as a gay symbol since 1978. I grew up in the San Francisco area, surrounded by rainbow flags and gay pride and I still associate rainbows with sunny/rainy days and Leprechauns. Sure, a rainbow flag or sticker is a sign of gay pride/unity, but it is also a representative of something in nature.

Drawing rainbows behind buildings when I was doodling as a kid didn't turn me into a flaming gay guy...I just drew. Most kids don't understand homosexuality until they are old enough to already know what they are. I had a gay teacher for 1st and 2nd grade, but didn't realize it until I was in middle school and he was dying of AIDS. I certainly didn't turn gay...and I was HEAVILY influenced by gays through my mother's obsession with figure skating (and my sisters' skating careers that had me stuck in skating rinks for hours) and musical theater and being in the San Francisco area. The only childhood friend I know of that has become gay is someone who was always "different" and less boylike than us. While we were playing tackle football in the mud, he'd be chasing butterflies.

And if anyone wore rainbow suspenders, they wouldn't be thought of as gay (because gays are usually thought to have better style than that), they'd just be a dork.

People like you must be really insecure in your sexuality if you're so offended by Rainbows.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant Possum View Post
WELL, TALK ABOUT DISCRIMINATION! The so-called "rainbow flag" is supposed to have all the colors of the rainbow (are you there, Roy G. Biv?). The colors are Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet.
But if you look at the rainbow flag used by the "gay community", they leave off the last color, Violet. Their flag has only 6 colors, not 7.
Looks like discrimination to me.

Actually it's indigo that's missing...and our violet is generally more of a dark lavender.... *shakes head* it's sad it really is...

Old 05-05-2009, 12:10 PM

240 posts, read 352,541 times
Quote:
Example: A Rainbow.

The rainbow is a symbol of hope. Children draw and associate all things as good and positive and hopeful with the rainbow.

When was the rainbow appropriated by the homosexual community as their international symbol and why?

Was it done as a deliberate action by the homosexual community in order that children unconsciously associate "rainbow" + "person using it" = positive?

Is this symbol being used to spread an unconscious psychological message and engender a response for children?

I have seen the rainbow symbol on flags, bumper stickers, t-shirts, buttons, etc. When children see these things they associate the rainbow with something fun and innocent. Are homosexuals fun and innocent? Should a child's mind be subjected to unconscious psychological cues at such an early age? Babies play with rainbow toys in the crib, they draw rainbow pictures as children - then they see the "rainbow people" and the seed was already planted before they could speak.

But I remember there was a time when I wore rainbow suspenders like Mork from Ork - and NOBODY called me "gay". I don't think a teen would wear rainbow suspenders in 2009, because if someone wears anything with a rainbow motif in 2009 - they're assumed to be gay.

I suppose nobody has wondered about this except me.

Maybe we should think about it.
Its a non issue and I do care first of all, but did you ever even once consider that the gay community adopted the rainbow for purely innocent reasons? Does everything a gay person does have to be some grand conspiracy that all gay people are aware of? A rainbow is made up of a lot of different colors but they come together to form one beautiful patterns. Ever consider that may be the reason it was chosen? To symbolize diversity?

Old 05-05-2009, 12:12 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,351,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokenwordfan View Post
From my experiences 6 year olds don't generally talk about sex. You aren't diverting them from a conversation about gay sex...you simply say that two men like each other so they live together and take care of a kid. Would you seriously be discussing straight sex with your six year old? I would not be....There is nothing unnatural about raising a child regardless of your sexuality...and plenty of parents who adopt children are not biologically able to have them either so I fail to see why ability to procreate naturally matters. I don't see wny heterosexual parents should get a break when it comes to explaining the world to children.

Side note...my friend (who is a lesbian) has twins with a previous partner...they split up when the kids were still very young and have both been in long term relationships with other people for most of the kids lives...thus her 5 year old little girl was telling me "I am so lucky cause I have four mommies and most of my friends only have one!"
I coach a kid who was adopted by his former foster parents, a gay couple, and he's gone from a juvenile delinquent to an A student and a future HS football star. They also adopted a younger kid who had been through a dozen foster homes before he was 8. These kids would have ended up as criminals for sure. Even though their parents are both men, they do take both roles (there's a masculine and a feminine father) and they are providing forgotten kids with a wonderful home and a future. My player would have ended up in prison for sure before he was 20, now he's guaranteed to go to college. And he's DEFINITELY straight still...he's 14 and he's one of the most notorious ladies man at his schol.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Why do you think it's the job of a minority group to indoctrinate a child's mind by using a rainbow flag as a symbol, before they can comprehend what homosexuality is?

Why do you think I should stop waving my flag cause you don't want your kids to know I exist?...Guess what..I might be their teacher some day...oh the horror...bet you're shaking in your boots now.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I think that on a subconscious level everyone is vulnerable. Why do you think subliminal messages are banned from commercial advertising?

The homosexual community has, by reinforcing an association between gay and rainbow flags and symbols, linked the two groups as being something that children can relate to based on that rainbow flag image.

It's exactly like mass advertising.

You watch a Cola commercial enough times on t.v. and you're gonna buy some Cola.

I have seen plenty of ads for Cola...and I still think it's revolting. *shrugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies