Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2009, 02:31 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,773,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
all those people who chastized me for voting Libertarian.

I just sit back and watch the demise of the 2 party system.
Ya think? Or do ya hope? For change? Far be it from me to chastise anyone voting Libertarian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 02:33 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,062,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Ya think? Or do ya hope? For change? Far be it from me to chastise anyone voting Libertarian.
Hope and think. if thats possible!

Old 05-15-2009, 02:34 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,620,775 times
Poor Byrd. Everyone time I think of him now I can only see him crying over Ted Kennedy's diagnosis with a brain tumor: "Ted.....My best friend Ted...." Ugh, that was horrible.

But I imagine he would pass also.

Last edited by helenejen; 05-15-2009 at 03:39 PM..

Old 05-15-2009, 02:55 PM

358 posts, read 472,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
OK, time to play Devil's Advocate...

Let's imagine Pelosi did decide to resign. Next in line for House Speaker is Robert Byrd. Robert C. Byrd (D-W.Va.) - Who Runs Gov - Government directory

What do you think he would be like as Speaker of the House?
================================================== =====

Normie,

I would like you to explain to the readership how a Senator can become Speaker of the United States House of Representatives without being elected to the House of Representatives. Robert Carlyle Byrd is a SENATOR not a Congressman. I will also ask you research and report back on how a Speaker is selected. Is it senority? Is he/she elected by members of the House? Senate? Combination of the 2? Is the name pulled out of the hat with the names selected from attendees of the last horseshoe throwing contest in Waskom, Texas?

There is a wealth of information out there, why not look into it?

So how 'bout it?

Old 05-15-2009, 02:59 PM

Personally, I think it's time for the old bird to retire, if not pass. Completely.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:10 PM

358 posts, read 472,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Personally, I think it's time for the old bird to retire, if not pass. Completely.
Well, Yeah. I dispise him more than any other Senator and I am a Democrat, but that still has no bearing on how he is "NEXT IN LINE FOR HOUSE SPEAKER".

Old 05-15-2009, 03:16 PM

492 posts, read 963,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
OK, time to play Devil's Advocate...

Let's imagine Pelosi did decide to resign. Next in line for House Speaker is Robert Byrd. Robert C. Byrd (D-W.Va.) - Who Runs Gov - Government directory

What do you think he would be like as Speaker of the House?
You mean
'Big Daddy' Byrd?

Old 05-15-2009, 03:18 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,533,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Any of you catch on the endangering our country and spitting on our men and women of service / national security / intelligence angle... That means a lot more to me than an affair Newt had back when... It even means more to me than that slob Kennedy's adulterous, drunken murder. How far back do you want to go to deflect from the corrupt issue at hand???

A POTUS conveniently forgetting about weapons sales to an enemy means a lot more to me than one lying about a BJ yet the amnesiac gets near deified while the sex hound gets pilloried. How far back do we have to go for THAT to make sense?

Old 05-15-2009, 03:38 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,801,859 times
Default Are Pelosi's motives in lying, more important than the lies themselves?

It is clear that Nancy Pelosi was briefed in 2002 on the waterboarding and other techniques being used at the time... and she raised no objections. Only much later, did she begin lambasting President Bush over everything from the Surge to the prisoners at Gitmo... and waterboarding.

It is equally clear that, while she had no problem with the terrorists who planned the 9/11 attacks being waterboarded, she later decided to pretend outrage over that same waterboarding... when she needed to use it as a tool to destroy President Bush.

Here we have the Speaker of the House, leader of the House and third in line for the Presidency, ignoring the importance of serious and careful planning of the war against terrorists, and flip-flopping over it randomly, using it simply for the purpose of destroying her political opponents and furthering her own political agenda in Washington DC.

Is this the Democrat "leadership" the American people deserve, as our enemies who declared war on us continue to plot and attack us all over the world?

Pelosi's behavior, carried on year after year now, is beyond shocking, verging on disgraceful. She clearly considers her personal fight against Republicans, far more important than the fight against terrorists who killed three thousand civilians in New York and elsewhere. And she apparently has no problem bending and twisting her party's efforts into a vendetta against anyone who objects, going so far as to accuse the entire CIA of lying and misleading her when her machinations are brought to light.

What benefits, exactly, are the American people reaping from having this woman in such a responsible position in the American government? Is there any chance she will stop attacking and tearing down our own people, long enough to notice that the country is in severe trouble on many fronts and needs leadership from SOMEONE in Congress?

Old 05-15-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
A POTUS conveniently forgetting about weapons sales to an enemy means a lot more to me than one lying about a BJ yet the amnesiac gets near deified while the sex hound gets pilloried. How far back do we have to go for THAT to make sense?
As the sniper wrote, burdell, his safety matters more to him than anything else. I concur. You should stay in Jersey, BTW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies