Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:46 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,321 times

Advertisements

their beliefs on evolution are based on their religious beliefs. didn't think it was that hard to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Evolution is religion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 08:47 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,665,410 times
If everyone stopped for a minute to really think, ,it is obvious that the only creature living on this earth that doesn't belong here is Man.
Every living thing has adapted to the environment, but Man has adapted the environment to himself.
How did we get here? pick your choice God or some humanoid race from another Galaxy seeding the planets with cloned beings to insure the survival of humanoid beings. There are scientific and historical items that support both theories. Or maybe they are one and the same depending on how you look at it.
I think everything else evolved naturally including what we would refer to as cavemen who may have become us in many millions of years. Or they could have gone off in another direction.
Whats the big deal. We are here aren't we?
Let everyone have their own beliefs and make sure that we observe the separation of Church from State and we should be OK.
Children need to be education in all the theories. If they are not, how can they grow up to be independent thinkers. It is OK to challenge information. If something is true, it will ultimately stand up.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:50 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No it's science but talking about it makes GOPers trip over their religion.

Im not a GOPer...I do lean to the right more often on most issues. I believe in a hybrid of both. Obviously things evolve but from what?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:50 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
facts are facts. this was a debate conducted by a far left extremist network. the questions asked were hand picked to make the candidates look bad because of religious beliefs. there was one question that asked the candidates if they believed every word in the bible. who cares? at least the republicans had the balls to go to the debate. the democrats were scared of big bad fox news.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'm claiming Dems don't have any signficant percentage of members who do not believe in Evolution. Making them irrelevent in forming policy.
I'm calling BS on this, find ANYTHING to back this up as true..

First, Democrats have a very high percentage of those that believe in evolution, probably rather close to Republicans, and second, in the forming of policy? ONLY Democrats can form policy at the moment.. You do understand how the branches of government work, dont you? Republicans at the moment are COMPLETELY irrelevant in the forming of policy..

Old 05-06-2009, 08:51 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
their beliefs on evolution are based on their religious beliefs. didn't think it was that hard to understand.
It's apparently easy for a dullard to understand.

Evolution requires no religion or faith - except in the basics of reality that we all share (i.e., that we all experience one reality and can learn things about it through our senses).

I'm an atheist - I have no faith or religion.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:58 AM

aren't you impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
It's apparently easy for a dullard to understand.

Evolution requires no religion or faith - except in the basics of reality that we all share (i.e., that we all experience one reality and can learn things about it through our senses).

I'm an atheist - I have no faith or religion.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,489,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
Every living thing has adapted to the environment, but Man has adapted the environment to himself.
This is a silly proposition. Birds adapt their environment to themselves. Beavers adapt their environment to themselves.

Quote:
How did we get here? pick your choice God or some humanoid race from another Galaxy seeding the planets with cloned beings to insure the survival of humanoid beings. There are scientific and historical items that support both theories.
No there aren't. There is scientific evidence to support evolution, not creationism and certainly not the seeding of our planet by aliens. And, before you point out Natural Selection (the mechanism for evolution) is only a theory, take a moment, use google and learn the differences between a theory, a hypothesis and a law.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
aren't you impressive.
Well, more impressive than someone who thinks science is religion.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:05 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm calling BS on this, find ANYTHING to back this up as true..

First, Democrats have a very high percentage of those that believe in evolution, probably rather close to Republicans, and second, in the forming of policy? ONLY Democrats can form policy at the moment.. You do understand how the branches of government work, dont you? Republicans at the moment are COMPLETELY irrelevant in the forming of policy..
That should be real easy for you. Give us a Democratic leader, or Democratic platform that advocates working to promote Creationism or Intelligent Design??? If these kooky Democrats are so powerful where's the beef???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies