Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 08:38 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,852,080 times

Advertisements

The Washington Times (everyone's favorite right wing paper) reported today that the RNC is working harder and harder to "rein in" chairman Steele. Apparently some of the "old guard" didn't like the way Steele was running things; including firing lots of their buddies on staff and not working fast enough to restore some rules that expired last year.

Among the things that have been "worked out" (in a secret memo) is that Jay Banning, who was treasurer until Steele fired him, is now in a watchdog position over Steele! That's gotta sting.

In an email that the Times got a copy of, Steele wrote to five key RNC members;

"I have just returned from an overseas trip to learn that the five of you have developed a scheme to transfer the RNC chairman's authority to the treasurer and the executive committee" Mr. Steele wrote in an e-mail he sent to Randy Pullen, the RNC's elected treasurer, and Blake Hall, the committee's general counsel, as well as to three former RNC officers.

Steele also argues that he always has embraced the "transparency, competitive bidding and good governance" that Mr. Pullen and the others said their resolution aims to achieve...

"It is of course not lost on me that each of you worked tirelessly down to the last minute in an effort to stop me from becoming chairman," Mr. Steele wrote.

Let's see; Steele fires Banning, the power brokers put Banning in an "on-call" postion with authority over the finances and thereby the chairman and he still hasn't gotten the message?

If they have that little faith in Steele why don't they just get rid of him? Every day that passes is another day closer to the 2010 elections, every day is another day that the guy they voted in as chairman has a FIRED EMPLOYEE looking over his shoulder.

Maybe they're waiting for Steele to say something public about how he IS the chairman of the RNC, then Rush can call him out and demand his head; THEN THEY'LL FIRE HIM.

Another gift that keeps on giving from the Rs.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 11:32 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,852,080 times
The right is strangely silent on this. No one has posted; "link or it never happened", or "why are you obsessed with Steele?" or even stooped to calling me names.

Could it be that the right is silent because they agree with the fencing in of their party chair.

Maybe they're embarrassed because the committe members have never treated a white party chair this way. I don't recall if they treated their last Black party chair this way. Did they?

golfgod

Old 05-07-2009, 11:37 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
As a conservative, i've not seen anything from Michael Steele that would cause me to not approve of his leadership; however, I have also not yet observed anything that would make me cry if he were to step down.

He may just be a victim of circumstance. It would be terribly tough to lead the GOP right now.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:14 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,589 times
He has been chairman for a few months. Lets give the guy some time. Just like conservatives need to give Obama some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies