Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:40 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,768,182 times

Advertisements

Wow, this ought to fire up the libs!

Please, don't get your shorts in a wad, it's just one author's take. Discuss it, don't cuss it!

Quote:
To hear liberals in Congress tell the story, the American health care system is crumbling before our very eyes, the unwashed masses are desperate for a solution, and only the United States government can save us. But a recent poll of 1,200 registered U.S. voters provides a striking contrast between voter attitudes toward health care reform and some oft-repeated myths being pushed in media and on Capitol Hill.
For instance,
Quote:
Myth #1: Americans are clamoring for health care reform.
I won't bore you with the rest here, but you can read the whole thing here: The Seven Myths Liberals Want You to Believe About American Health Care (But You Aren’t Buying) - HUMAN EVENTS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 12:44 PM

93 posts, read 140,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post

Please, don't get your shorts in a wad, it's just one author's take. Discuss it, don't cuss it!

For instance,
I won't bore you with the rest here, but you can read the whole thing here: The Seven Myths Liberals Want You to Believe About American Health Care (But You Aren’t Buying) - HUMAN EVENTS

I hope you'll never get sick with cancer or any other deadly illness and then loose your health insurance coverage.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:46 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:

For instance,
If memory serves, you were in the military and you have life long healthcare, I'm sure you will understand when I say that your opinion and others that have health care don't really matter.

Its those of us who do not have health care that have the problem and a more clear look at the problem.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
I hope you'll never get sick with cancer or any other deadly illness and then loose your health insurance coverage.
Wow, what an opening shot! You are correct, though. I have good, no, excellent insurance that I'm paying out-of-pocket, no problemo!

Old 05-08-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
She has been in the military and will NEVER loose her health coverage. Its easy from that point of view to say that the healthcare system isn't broken.

My Uncle is the same way, he was in the Army, has healthcare in place for the rest of his life, he has no compassion for those of us who didn't serve in the military and have no health insurance.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
If memory serves, you were in the military and you have life long healthcare, I'm sure you will understand when I say that your opinion and others that have health care don't really matter.

Its those of us who do not have health care that have the problem and a more clear look at the problem.
Well, yes, you are correct in your recollection of my status; however, I still require insurance, as the VA requires it, unless the veteran is destitute. And there ARE destitute veterans, I know that. So, my opinion DOES really matter.

FWIW, BTW, I choose not to use the "benefits" of a "life-long healthcare" system such as the VA, at least for the time being. I personally pay for TriCare, not the greatest system, but far better than a stick in the eye.

Thanks!

Old 05-08-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
She has been in the military and will NEVER loose her health coverage. Its easy from that point of view to say that the healthcare system isn't broken.

My Uncle is the same way, he was in the Army, has healthcare in place for the rest of his life, he has no compassion for those of us who didn't serve in the military and have no health insurance.
FYI, that "she" you're referring to is a "he."

My condolences to you and all those for whom your uncle carries such disdain. The military is NOT for everyone, obviously.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:54 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,228 times
How does one "loose" healthcare too? Was it too tight to begin with?

Old 05-08-2009, 12:55 PM

79 posts, read 96,349 times
This is based on a poll of 1200 voters. Hardly reliable.

I am an American voter and I see health care as a huge problem. Have you ever tried to go to the emergency room for an actual emergency? You have to wait an hour behind someone who is only there because they have no insurance.

It is sad. I really don't like how this article belittles the worries of the average family with their tiny sample group. They probably weren't even picked at random.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Well, yes, you are correct in your recollection of my status; however, I still require insurance, as the VA requires it, unless the veteran is destitute. And there ARE destitute veterans, I know that. So, my opinion DOES really matter.

FWIW, BTW, I choose not to use the "benefits" of a "life-long healthcare" system such as the VA, at least for the time being. I personally pay for TriCare, not the greatest system, but far better than a stick in the eye.

Thanks!
So tell us, how much does your Tricare coverage cost you? My bet is that its alot cheaper and more comprehensive then a comparable insurance coverage that is available to the rest of us.

Sorry for the confusion about your gender, I didn't mean anything by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies