Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 04:49 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times

Advertisements

Before the election, the cliche' NEO-CON floated around in the P&OC forum. NEO-CON means neo-conservative, or of the REPUBLICAN PARTY.
I looked for definitions of the words conservatives and neo-cons, and surprisingly I found that the neo-cons are really the party who, if you do not do as they do, and do as they say, will use force against their fellow Americans to get their points and views across. In fact, the neo-con definition I found included not only force to get you and me to their side, but would fight you and me to the death if we still disagreed with them.

We live, I hope in a democratic society, where we normally negotiate terms or agreements. It is sad, and frightful to know just how far a conservative or neo-con will go to try to quash differences of opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

http://www.csmonitor.com/specials/neocon/neocon101.html (broken link)

Neo-Cons want to conquer the world.

Last edited by highdesertmutz; 05-09-2009 at 04:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 05:46 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
I think the game has backfired on them.
I think subversive elements in the movement wanted to gain control.
Racism, in the 'land of the free', although they tried, did not bring them power.
They have changed their strategy to using religion - namely Christianity - something indigenous to the country.
They have reached their saturation point here, too, in the population.
We have a lot of true Christians who do not believe in enforcing their ethics on others. Christ never forced anyone to do as he said.
These Christians also believe in saving the environment - something that really rankles right wing fascists because if they adopted those ideals they would lose the backing of BIG business interests.
The only way that they can keep their fascist business interests is to support nuclear power, which would still necessitate a conglomerate to bill us monthly.

The only way they can win is by a revolution of some sort. Like, make the economy so bad and the people to suffer so much that it will be near impossible to fix in the current system and the people will flock to new leadership, just as they did to Hitler.
Or pick a minority that they can create a public hatred of.

None of this is working.
The people want non polluting energy alternates, not dangerous polluting coal, gas, oil, nukes.
We elected a black president.
So now, they will try to get us to hate gays.
Too many people know gays or have them in their families.
Heck, there are gay animals - if there is a god, it made them that way.

But they are not giving up.

They will repeatedly say to the media that they love this country and stand for its ideals and all along they work to tear it down from within. To get us to fight with one another. If they can't do it that way, they will import people who have no real knowledge of democracy - people of another culture and another language. People who have no desire to assimilate.

Now, if they can just get rid of the public school system so their children do not grow up with democratic ideals.

Be careful.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:53 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,332,888 times
This is the third thread like this tonight.

What the heck is happening?

Old 05-09-2009, 05:54 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Biased from the get-go. You must not want a real honest discussion about this topic.

Anytime I see a thread that suggests conservatives (or liberals) ALWAYS do x, y, and z, it loses credibility with me immediately.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:04 PM

Yeah. It loses so much credibility that you feel moved to post. Just as a public service, probably. Oh, well.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:17 PM

799 posts, read 1,445,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Before the election, the cliche' NEO-CON floated around in the P&OC forum. NEO-CON means neo-conservative, or of the REPUBLICAN PARTY.
I looked for definitions of the words conservatives and neo-cons, and surprisingly I found that the neo-cons are really the party who, if you do not do as they do, and do as they say, will use force against their fellow Americans to get their points and views across. In fact, the neo-con definition I found included not only force to get you and me to their side, but would fight you and me to the death if we still disagreed with them.

We live, I hope in a democratic society, where we normally negotiate terms or agreements. It is sad, and frightful to know just how far a conservative or neo-con will go to try to quash differences of opinion.

Neoconservatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

US News / Special: Empire Builders / Neocon 101 | Christian Science Monitor (http://www.csmonitor.com/specials/neocon/neocon101.html - broken link)

Neo-Cons want to conquer the world.

I don't think you really understand what a neo-con really is. A lot of them left the Democrats and joined the Republicans years ago. There are more Democrats that fit the neo-con description than Republicans but they fail to meet the requirement of being a Republican so they don't carry the neo-con tag. If President Obama were a Republican then he would be considered a neo-con too.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:17 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Great thread.

Why are Conservatives so intolerant?

Old 05-09-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
I don't think you really understand what a neo-con really is. A lot of them left the Democrats and joined the Republicans years ago. There are more Democrats that fit the neo-con description than Republicans but they fail to meet the requirement of being a Republican so they don't carry the neo-con tag. If President Obama were a Republican then he would be considered a neo-con too.
After reading about the neocon subject, I do understand what THEY WERE, AND, WHAT THEY ARE NOW. And, your statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo
There are more Democrats that fit the neo-con
is NOT true. Read the links I have provided. If there is anyone on this thread thus far who doesn't understand the true meaning today of neocon, it is you.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
say, what?

Old 05-09-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Biased from the get-go. You must not want a real honest discussion about this topic.

Anytime I see a thread that suggests conservatives (or liberals) ALWAYS do x, y, and z, it loses credibility with me immediately.
Biased? It was meant to be biased, just as all of the other threads are about LIBERALS being intolerant.
If you dislike it, find another thread to troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies