Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 01:46 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times

Advertisements

Just go to google earth and find your home and the coordinates.
I can find them for almost every house I've lived in throughout the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 10:43 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
they will not ask any questions beyond how many people live there,
Ummm, I was referring to the census taken avery 10 years in the United States of America. Not sure what country's census you are referring to, but in the US they ask everything from your ethnicity, to your job field, to your income, etc. etc., a couple pages' worth of questions. And if you don't answer them ALL, they come back and bother you again, insisting that you answer all of them. And it's a whole lot more than just "How many people live here?".

Quote:
and the information is strictly classified for 72 years.
It is??? Link or reference, please.

Quote:
There is no need to worry,
This is a government that has been expanding FAR beyond its constitutionally-mandated limits, for 70-plus years. There is a GREAT need to worry.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:07 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,204 times
The census has been conducted every year since 1790. Get over it.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:18 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
The census has been conducted every year since 1790. Get over it.
you approve of something that started in 1790? that doesn't sound very progressive of you.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:19 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,811,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
This is a government that has been expanding FAR beyond its constitutionally-mandated limits, for 70-plus years. There is a GREAT need to worry.
When you refuse to realize that we live in a digital age, and that GPS systems actually use co-ordinates, that google street view is expanding and provides a pictorial view of the house... you've got a lot more to worry about than a census workers arriving at your home with a GPS.

Unless the address happens to be either brand new or a cave, even my car will locate it. I'm not old enough to go back to my personal experiences with the government more than 70 years ago, but if you hate it so much, why do you choose to live here? Government is fundamental to a representative democracy, clearly, not something you need or want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
you approve of something that started in 1790? that doesn't sound very progressive of you.
Progressiveness implies progression, not necessarily start all over again. It implies pragmatism. The opposite would be to be scared to even crawl under the rock that many live in, by choice or by nature.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
If I ever get involved in subversive activities I will be certain to leave my front door at home so they cannot track me using the GPS coordinates of the door. That will fool 'em.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:26 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,709 times
if progressives believe in forward thinking, why do they love abusive government a la 1775?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
When you refuse to realize that we live in a digital age, and that GPS systems actually use co-ordinates, that google street view is expanding and provides a pictorial view of the house... you've got a lot more to worry about than a census workers arriving at your home with a GPS.

Unless the address happens to be either brand new or a cave, even my car will locate it. I'm not old enough to go back to my personal experiences with the government more than 70 years ago, but if you hate it so much, why do you choose to live here? Government is fundamental to a representative democracy, clearly, not something you need or want.

Progressiveness implies progression, not necessarily start all over again. It implies pragmatism. The opposite would be to be scared to even crawl under the rock that many live in, by choice or by nature.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:35 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,811,904 times
Quote:
if progressives believe in forward thinking, why do they love abusive government a la 1775?
I know you, and like, love to live with the idea... it is a tool to feel better about self.

But historically speaking, the men back then, were progressive enough to realize and stand against tyranny of corporations (not the government) and wanted their government (which they didn't have). It is the regressives that want to crawl back into the past, and have succeeded in doing so gradually over more than a century now. They speak for corporations and dismiss welfare of the people. They, mostly the self-defeaters, put businesses on a pedestal and won't even think twice to vote against people's interests. Because they are who they are, the delusional world they live in helps them get thru the day.

Having said that... shall we stick to the topic?

Old 05-21-2009, 12:12 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,204 times
Quote:
It's a requirement of the Constitution. It does no harm. The genealogist love it. Some people on here act like it's some "black" program of government spying.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:42 PM

36,502 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat
they will not ask any questions beyond how many people live there,

Ummm, I was referring to the census taken avery 10 years in the United States of America. Not sure what country's census you are referring to, but in the US they ask everything from your ethnicity, to your job field, to your income, etc. etc., a couple pages' worth of questions. And if you don't answer them ALL, they come back and bother you again, insisting that you answer all of them. And it's a whole lot more than just "How many people live here?".
Little Acorn is right. The last census, I fill out my mail in form only answering how many people lived there. Then came the home visit, I would only answer how many lived there, then the supervisor made a visit, I still would not answer the personal questions, income, educatin, religious beliefs, # of bathrooms, value of property, and on and on. And I wasnt fined. They did not go to the doors of illegal aliens. The reason they gave me, they didnt have and interpeter. I dont mind the GPS. Property is mapped anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies