Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2009, 08:21 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,848,866 times

Advertisements

if we don't recognize an unborn child as a living thing, then why can someone who kills a pregnant woman be charged with double murder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 08:28 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,481,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
if we don't recognize an unborn child as a living thing, then why can someone who kills a pregnant woman be charged with double murder?
This only applies usually in red states (including mine). The legislatures have created "fetal personhood" laws with legal abortion not being able to be charged as murder as the one exception.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:31 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,848,866 times
I'm pretty sure in blue states, murder is only a $250 fine and 3 months probation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
This only applies usually in red states (including mine). The legislatures have created "fetal personhood" laws with legal abortion not being able to be charged as murder as the one exception.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:34 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,965,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Isn't that what is already being done by depriving them of sustenance, shelter and love? Don't give me any crap about 'killing' someone before they have taken their first breath until you show come compassion for those that are already breathing? Pro-lifers have shown their 'compassion' by voicing their reluctance for healthcare for children, social services for the handicapped/needy/hungry, education for those who can't afford it. I would rather a child never be born than to be hungry, cold and suffering due to lack of health care.

Go ahead spew your hate for the Pro-choice group, we know that your also spewing hate for those children that are here that you refuse the essentials of life.
Already have, worked services in the past that dealt with it. Ok, I am justified by your requirements, your turn.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,762,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
C'mon Lancet, part of the reason why abortion is so terrible is that women are taking control of their bodies and lives and that they don't require men to do so.

If men got pregnant, it would probably be a different story altogether.
It's easy for big bad men to make decisions for women on issues that they'll never have to face themselves.
But -- they do require men to knock them up.

Where is the taking control when women sleep with every man that comes along and can't think to use any of the many birth control methods including a combination of them? There is no control when women keep getting impregnated by men they hate and so feel they must kill their own little babies.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:39 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,994,056 times
Quote:
Pro-Abortion
Funny, choice is ok when it comes to killing babies, but not when it comes to picking a school.

Pro-abortion is much more accurate.

Abortion kills babies, too.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:57 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,650,225 times
I am prolife, although you can certainly call me anti abortion if it pleases you.
I don't believe in the death penalty. I do believe in easy and affordable access to birth control. I do believe in Plan B. I don't believe in abortion in the second and third trimester for any reason -- and yes, at that point there is a fine line indeed between fetus and baby, Sagran
I am also a vegetarian though I eat cheese -- maybe that is a good allegory to my (and many, many others) position on abortion? Abortion is a bad, messy business that should be used sparingly. Do the least amount of harm and all that....
If instead of looking at the numbers of abortions per year, lets look at the numbers of unplanned pregnancies per year. The amount is staggering. We need to figure out why are so many people not using birth control or not using it correctly? Of course bc failure happens, and rape happens too - but I would think the majority of unplanned pregnancies are due to the lack or misuse of birth control.
We need to be proactive about this. If people really are against abortion then by god we need to stop the 'moralizing' and get to work figuring out the cause.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How about you quit whining about the tax-payer services including health care that people receive after birth.
How about ending threads like "why do people choose to be poor" and those "poor people and the elderly are trying to take my benefits, let them all die and go to hell for all I care" and "welfare queen" threads.

Until you do, you're being purposely disingenuous.
That's a goofy argument. Too many contraceptive methods to justify that one. Getting pregnant in the first place is a choice.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:30 AM

There is also the idea that men provide child support to children they sire instead of having all the welfare handouts. Many options besides abortion.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:41 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,158,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
oh man, i just laughed out loud. thanks. not that killing babies is funny, but the dramatic effect it lends... babies. being killed. thanks.

that's some drama! trust
I just hate the way that people who believe in pro-choice are perceived. Abortion is never our first choice but according to the others,they treat us like workers at a slaughterhouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies