Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is pro abortion
yes, I am all for abortion, the more the better. 5 19.23%
no, it would be nice if there were no need for abortions but if a woman feels that she needs one she should have that right. 21 80.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 08:35 PM

749 posts, read 947,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Who Is Pro Abortion?

No one.

There are people who are pro-choice and

.... there are people who want to turn women into nothing more than breeding cattle because they really fear and hate women and want to subjugate them anyway they can.
These people would enjoy women dying of botched abortions, women being forced into poverty by unwanted pregnancies, being forced to have thier own father's baby, and one even expressed delight that women should go to jail for having an abortion.

NOTHING would give them more pleasure than to see an 11 year old HAVE to give birth to her own father's/brother's/uncle's/priest's baby....

They have a morbid psychotic fear of women and think this is the way to beat them down.

I beg to differ with you, Obama and that ***** Kathleen Sebelius............

Old 05-17-2009, 08:37 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Keep on believing yourself worthy of judging others, that IS NOT permitted in heaven.
"Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?"

"Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!"

Old 05-17-2009, 08:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
No, there is a heaven and a hell, let's bet on it and in the end the loser pays. But oh, how will you send me my winnings...............
Okay, Barry Gibb. It's a deal.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:38 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
Since when do men have a choice over abortion. In fact, men carry the greatest responsibility. The woman can choose whatever she wants and the man is responsible for it. Perhaps woman who have been crying for equality for so damn long take on a bit of responsibility themselves. Oh wait, I forgot, minorities want equality of privilege not responsibility.
You have a choice about putting yourself in a situation where you could get a woman preganant. Consequently, use a condom, use two...don't have vaginal intercourse...get a vasectomy.

Quote:
I love how liberals jump on the boat of science when it comes to a baby but ignore it in the case of homosexuality.
You're a little late to the party; science increasingly falls on the side of gay at birth, hence it is a biological issue: "Still, no matter how imperfect these studies are, when you put them all together and examine them closely, the message is clear: While post-birth development may well play a supporting role, the roots of homosexuality, at least in men, appear to be in place by the time a child is born."
What Makes People Gay? - The Boston Globe

Old 05-17-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
get real stop trying to twist words around. I never said woen were stupid or too emotional. I said to continue to use the reasoning that women should keep their legs closed )and men to keep it in their pants) is not a compelling enough arguement to merit worthy consideration.
Yeah, why start the debate where it originates. That'd be too damn inconvenient. Whereas if you start it later in the chain of events you can muddle up something that is so simple.

Liberals complain that conservatives are so black and white when it comes to such "complicated issues" but it's only complicated when you ignore the simple.

In most sexual relationships, women have the control not men yet you want to ignore that fact and pretend the issue is so much more complicated. Keep pretending.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:40 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
I'm pro-choice, as are most people in the US.
Not anymore. See the Gallup poll.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:42 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
As far as the question posed,

Pro-choice people are those who don't like abortion but who feel it should be legal. They do feel there should be a cut-off point (20-24 weeks or so) and abortions should be allowed after that point only in the case of medical necessity. They may be in favor of counseling and other requirements before an abortion and also favor contraceptives and making adoption a more viable choice.

Pro-abortion people are those who feel abortion should be permitted at any time for any reason and do not feel adoption is even a consideration. They are adamantly against requiring counseling, etc.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
What does that have to do with anything? It was a news topic of the day. If you take a moment to notice, I didn't interject any form of opinion one way of the other to try to sway the conversation. If the populace doesn't feel the need to comment on it, then so what? I'd rather see a relevant topic put up for discussion with no comments, than an endless number of threads that serve no real purpose than to inflame.

Totally irrelevant, but i'm surprised that you care that much about my forum welfare, thanks!
Just disregard the stupid. These fools think by creating an artificial environment in which to debate their ideologies (creat a poll that covers only their views while excluding the full spectrum of options), they somehow are more intelligent.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:46 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Just disregard the stupid. These fools think by creating an artificial environment in which to debate their ideologies (creat a poll that covers only their views while excluding the full spectrum of options), they somehow are more intelligent.
You mean like this? //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...tion-poll.html

Old 05-17-2009, 08:46 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Yeah, why start the debate where it originates. That'd be too damn inconvenient. Whereas if you start it later in the chain of events you can muddle up something that is so simple.

Liberals complain that conservatives are so black and white when it comes to such "complicated issues" but it's only complicated when you ignore the simple.

In most sexual relationships, women have the control not men yet you want to ignore that fact and pretend the issue is so much more complicated. Keep pretending.

I am not "pretending" anything. you want to start at the start and talk sex? yes I have said I agree if you don't have sex you can't get pregnant. what I am arguing as far as sex goes is that some people do not keep their legs closed or keep it in their pants. you seems to think this is a viable answer to abortion. in reality it is not. period. the facts are birth control fails. people are raped. children are products of incest and at 13 not usuaslly on the pill. so there are grey areas and keeping ones legs closed is an over simplified way to say that if only these people were more "moral" this wouldn't be an issue. so until you want ot talk about reality then no one will get anywhere. I can also say if we didn't drive our cars we wouldn't have car accidents. kinda stupid because that won't happen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies