Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:27 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Joe White View Post
That is because you have a contractual obligation to serve.

Not because you are 'property'.

'Property' cannot enter into a contract.

A court would not recognize as a legal agreement a contract signed by your dog.
Any injury that a soldier obtains not in combat that might have been avoidable is infact destruction of government property and you could be charged with destruction of property.

Odd that you cannot break that contract but the government can at anytime...

Old 07-19-2009, 10:32 PM

So, if you have cancer or a tumor is it a part of your body? according to doctors it is...but is it really. I would have to say no. It is a foreign object and can and should be removed. A fetus is also a foreign object, if you dont want it there, you dont have to. Thats the way it is, and will stay...So why sweat over things....dont you guys have a prayer for this...something about understanding the things you cannot change?

Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen

I see every church these days that say this prayer...may I suggest you practice it...

Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 PM

530 posts, read 650,409 times
Quote:
You've proved nothing.

Ah, you admit I am correct.

The woman and the child do NOT have the same DNA.

Therefore, it is biologically incorrect to assert that the unborn is 'part of the woman's body'.

It has it's own unique body.

Adjust your political view to meet reality.
Adjust your brain to reading, and read the whole thing in the context in which it was written. Are snow flakes and a cloud the same? No, but do you deny that snow comes from a cloud and is in part a part of that cloud?
Is a fetus attached to its mothers body? Yes then therefore until removal by force it is part of a womans body.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:35 PM

530 posts, read 650,409 times
Quote:
That is because you have a contractual obligation to serve.

Not because you are 'property'.

'Property' cannot enter into a contract.

A court would not recognize as a legal agreement a contract signed by your dog.
Nor would it recongize a legal agreement signed by a fetus! Hummm, then that kinda makes a fetus property of the body its attached to! Wow, thanks for making my arguement for me!

Old 07-20-2009, 06:01 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
So, if you have cancer or a tumor is it a part of your body? according to doctors it is...but is it really. I would have to say no. It is a foreign object and can and should be removed. A fetus is also a foreign object, if you dont want it there, you dont have to. Thats the way it is, and will stay...So why sweat over things....dont you guys have a prayer for this...something about understanding the things you cannot change?

Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen

I see every church these days that say this prayer...may I suggest you practice it...
Wow you are comparing the unborn is just like a cancer

Old 07-20-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
Nor would it recongize a legal agreement signed by a fetus! Hummm, then that kinda makes a fetus property of the body its attached to! Wow, thanks for making my arguement for me!
Slaves were property also. Slaves were also legal property Does not make it right to kill

Old 07-20-2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Wow you are comparing the unborn is just like a cancer
Wow, you pro-lifers really are shallow arent you. I was giving an example of a foreign object inside of a body that some could relate to.

Your comparisson of abortion to murder has the same effect on me that my comment did on you.

Hows this one for you...pro-lifer=Rapist, thats right...rapist. IF you force someone to do something that they do not wish to do, it is rape, especially when it comes to someones reproductive organs.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Wow, you pro-lifers really are shallow arent you. I was giving an example of a foreign object inside of a body that some could relate to.

Your comparisson of abortion to murder has the same effect on me that my comment did on you.

Hows this one for you...pro-lifer=Rapist, thats right...rapist. IF you force someone to do something that they do not wish to do, it is rape, especially when it comes to someones reproductive organs.
Lets examine the comparisons.
Abortion to murder. Murder denies a human life so does abortion.

Cancer to the unborn . Cancer is a disease not human. Unborn is human not a disease.

So the answer is yes you were comparing a terminal disease to a unborn

Old 07-20-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Lets examine the comparisons.
Abortion to murder. Murder denies a human life so does abortion.

Cancer to the unborn . Cancer is a disease not human. Unborn is human not a disease.

So the answer is yes you were comparing a terminal disease to a unborn
now lets look at the comarisons equally...

Murder, though it may do as you say with denying human life...this is not the defenition of murder, Murder...is the UNLAWFUL killing of another human being by another human being. Key word there is unlawful, which means that it is against the law to kill another human being. It is not unlawful to get an abortion, thus it is not murder...murder is a title for a crime not an act, the proper act would be killing.

Cancer-

A quick look here...Cancer (medical term: malignant neoplasm) is a class of diseases in which a group of cells display uncontrolled growth (division beyond the normal limits), invasion (intrusion on and destruction of adjacent tissues)

odd sounds just like what a fetus does.

Hows this one for ya...I compare the human existence to that of a parasite, we breed in harsh conditions, spread rapidly, consume everything in our path...yeah, sounds about right...but realize that this is a surface comparisson not an indepth one.

Now, since I have just shown you that abortion cannot possibly be murder, the only thing left is that you personally think it is wrong, because obviously society and our government do not. Now, alot of you feel that one must do what is best for society...well society and our government feel that keeping abortions legal is what is best for our society.

Even if the laws changed tomorrow making it so that you could only a specific number of abortions or making regulations that even you have stated you wanted....you would not be happy and would continue this banter of uncollected, unresearched, and feeling influanced thought.

I ask you, step back, waaaaaaaaaayyyy back, and look at the world from an overall view, not so black and white is it.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:11 AM

439 posts, read 443,513 times
Quote:
So, if you have cancer or a tumor is it a part of your body? according to doctors it is...but is it really. I would have to say no. It is a foreign object and can and should be removed. A fetus is also a foreign object, if you dont want it there, you dont have to. Thats the way it is, and will stay...
Since you failed in comparing the unborn to a dog, now you're comparing him/her to cancer?

You really need to take a basic biology course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies