Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:15 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
You all have to stop being so content with what is going on.
We are going to be paying the piper for a very long time. This bailout could have been done a trillion times more efficiently. You know it , I know it, the only ones who do not know it are the power hungry greedy bastards in congress, the treasury and executive office.
Yeah, yeah...all these back seat economist know excatly what's going to happen in the future and what should've been done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 10:15 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
We are going to be paying the piper for a very long time. This bailout could have been done a trillion times more efficiently. You know it , I know it, the only ones who do not know it are the power hungry greedy bastards in congress, the treasury and executive office.
Dont forget the Economic Cabinet... how sad for our country that you know more than they do about what should have been done. Maybe you should have called

Old 05-19-2009, 10:28 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Quote:
Yeah, this is what's called paying the piper for 2 massive bubbles. Why are you acting like we're not getting our comeuppance and paying for it right now?

Old 05-19-2009, 10:40 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Yeah, yeah...all these back seat economist know excatly what's going to happen in the future and what should've been done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Dont forget the Economic Cabinet... how sad for our country that you know more than they do about what should have been done. Maybe you should have called
and you trust our Government officials because....? They have been so trustworthy in the past? They have been models of fiscal responsibility in the past? They have been free of corruption and have been known to use tax dollars most efficiently in the past?

My goodness some people need a redbull to wake up and see what is going on.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:45 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times
Quote:
and you trust our Government officials because....? They have been so trustworthy in the past? They have been models of fiscal responsibility in the past? They have been free of corruption and have been known to use tax dollars most efficiently in the past?

My goodness some people need a redbull to wake up and see what is going on.
So we should trust a blowhard on a message board? The fact of the matter is, we will always have elected officials making certain decisions with taxpayer money. The only thing we can change is who we vote for. Ranting about government and how it works without providing a viable alternative is a waste of time.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Sorry not all expert economists are on board with what the Government is doing. many think this will lead to immense economic disaster. I do not think it will go that far but their actions will definitely prolong the agony.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I suspect corrupt government may steal from me by misallocating my tax money. I know a corrupt crony capitalistic finance system will steal from me by misallocating my investment.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
So we should trust a blowhard on a message board? The fact of the matter is, we will always have elected officials making certain decisions with taxpayer money. The only thing we can change is who we vote for. Ranting about government and how it works without providing a viable alternative is a waste of time.
No, not someblowhard on a message board. How about the economic experts who disagree with what has taken place?

Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I think we need to replace a generation of military/industrial/crony/ connected capitalism with a real honest to Mammon free and open capitalist market where everybody takes the same risks and wins or loses as the market decides.

Yeah, as if big money is about to let that happen.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:53 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:
You think taxpayers want to own inept failures in business?

Then why did the financial stocks lose 90% of their shareholder value in the last year and a half? Because so many taxpayers wanted their money in failed companies?
No they sold their equity because they want nothing to do with these failures. But our government believes they should take our money and invest on our behalf in these failed companies. It is a complete OUTRAGE!
Because those stocks' values were inflated, and people were beginning to see that the companies were engaged in deceitful practices with other people's money. Eventually, overpriced stocks will correct - usually overcorrecting first, and then rebounding to a more soundly backed price.

These financial companies were giving out loans like candy, using predatory practices on borrowers (who, not all being attorneys, didn't/didn't want to recognize that they were being eaten alive), and bundling loans for sale to investors. Said bundling being done in a very shady way, also screwing the investors by selling them poorly written paper.

At least, that's how my conservative FIL sees it, and he's been making his money in the stock market for 40 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies