Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 07:41 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
So you are saying that is not correct? That Clinton had Bin Laden twice and failed or of course allowed him to go free?

Waiting to hear your answer.

One more time for you.

So Clinton did not have chances to get Bin Laden before 9-11 right?

Allowed
to go free? Had bin Laden twice?

In a word.......................BULL!

Pure urban myth.

The scumbag Saudis refused to take bin Laden when offered by Sudan and a cruise missile attack failed due to faulty intel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 07:49 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Vice President's speech, givien at the American Enterprise Institute, was very compelling. It was an excellent speech, and he was very articulate, as usual.

He pointed out that only 3 were ever waterboarded, and that information learned from the interrogation technique prevented an attack similar to the 9-11 attack from occuring in Los Angeles.

What Cheney is doing has nothing to do with "protecting a legacy". He is criticizing an administration that is undermining our intelligence gathering efforts, and purposefully (so it seems) providing our enemies with information that they will surely use against us.

Your posts, and post like yours, disgust me. They show you have no regard for America, nor the men and women who defend your right to post this kind of garbage.

Where were you on 9-11? Do you even remember what happend on that day? Were you ever in the military (doubtful)?

I am a Vietnam Vet, and proud. I love this country, and I wouldn't be going around like this idiot Obama is, apologizing to the world for the freedom that we enjoy and our defense of it. The man ought to be brought up on chages of treason, because he is not upholding his sworn oath. Hell, he isn't even an American.
Most vets, I say most, show a bit more respect for a President than what some do. I respected Bush because he was our President, although, I know he made bad decisions and executed 2 wars poorly.

I remember Bush saying, we'll get the people who did this, and, mission accomplished, 2 lies, and plenty of mistakes. His partner in crime should shut up, he is a ex-v.p. now. why do I think he should shut up? "fear mongering"

Old 05-22-2009, 09:20 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Ok, how about we use Jan 20th, 2009 then, since you libs love to go backwards with everything.
it was a sincere question, good grief.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:22 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
And Obama is doing the same thing Clinton did, crushing our intel and destroying our military and our defense with his silly policies. If anything we should be ramping up all those things.

9.11 was Clintons fault. Bush was only in office for a few months while Clinton had 7 years of knowledge and intel and did nothing.

They still will not believe Clinton failed to get Bin Laden when he had him right in his hands. Remember what liberals are all about and you will understand. It is rare to find a honest one in the bunch.
This is a couple of pages back in the thread, but - //www.city-data.com/forum/8929056-post56.html

It refers to http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,215397,00.html

Old 05-22-2009, 09:23 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
If there is one thing I will not fight Dick Cheney on it is national defense. He knows national defense. If he says the country is not safe because of new policies that the Messiah is implementing then I would tend to have to believe him.
And I feel the opposite. I wouldn't trust him with anything at all.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:30 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
Cheney needs to go crawl back into his bunker and go away! My God I've seen this jerk more times in the past month than I did in the 8 years he was VP! Darth Cheney!!! You are no longer in Government! You are no longer the Presi...uh Vice President now go away! Don't you have some friends to shoot?

Old 05-22-2009, 09:30 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
And Obama is doing the same thing Clinton did, crushing our intel and destroying our military and our defense with his silly policies. If anything we should be ramping up all those things.

9.11 was Clintons fault. Bush was only in office for a few months while Clinton had 7 years of knowledge and intel and did nothing.

They still will not believe Clinton failed to get Bin Laden when he had him right in his hands. Remember what liberals are all about and you will understand. It is rare to find a honest one in the bunch.
Well, at least President Clinton looked for him.

Fascinating detail from Cheney's speech - he actually stated that post 9/11 they realized they had to take a serious second-look at the intel.
So, he's admitting that they didn't take a serious look the first time?

Of course they didn't 'cause you know, that terrorist thing was just a Clinton obsession. Monsters in the closet and all that.

His speech was nothing more than an attempt at CYA.

Chris Matthews is absolutely right - Cheney IS the troll living under the bridge.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:39 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,811 times
Obama vows not to send people to war without cause - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/nationworld/story/1883753.html - broken link)

Old 05-22-2009, 11:11 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Why are we seeing more of Cheney now than during his job in the administration?
Go away now. You had nothing to say then.
You are seeing more of him because he loves his country, and is trying to save it from the ignorance of Obama, who is driving our country towards ruin.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:12 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Allowed
to go free? Had bin Laden twice?

In a word.......................BULL!

Pure urban myth.

The scumbag Saudis refused to take bin Laden when offered by Sudan and a cruise missile attack failed due to faulty intel.
You are a good demo, you twist the facts with the best of them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies