Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:56 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times

Advertisements

I went to see a movie last night and I was reminded of why I don't go see many movies anymore.

For whatever reason, there seems to be a complete lack of etiquette in the movie theaters. Just for those who don't know here is a list of things not to do in a movie theater.

1. Don't talk while the movie is playing.
2. Don't talk on the phone or text while the movie is playing
3. DO NOT PUT YOUR FEET OR SHOES ON THE SEAT IN FRONT OF YOU.
4. ESPECIALLY DON'T PUT YOUR SHOES OR FEET OVER THE TOP OF THE SEAT IN FRONT OF YOU.
5. Don't bring small children or babies to a PG or R rated movie.
6. IF you need to get up frequently sit at the end of the aisle
7. If you are going to need to get up and you are overly large sit at the end of the aisle.

This is what I have. IF someone has more to add, please add away.

I have been to movie theaters all over the country and depending on the type of movie that I see and where I see it seems to determine the lack of etiquette of the customers. My experience with Arkansas, particularly Fort Smith, is fairly good in comparison.

The one thing that I have noticed in Fort Smith and Arkansas in General is that people seem to think the movie theater is like their home and they put their feet on the back of seats in front of them, thereby making a part of the seat in front of them whatever nasty crap they had on their shoes when they came into the theater. The worst is the person who puts their shoes on top of the chair in front of them.

Last night I saw this moron who put his feet over the top of the seat in front of him with an old lady sitting in the seat right next to his shoe. I am sure that all night she had to look at his nasty shoe out of the corner of her eye. This is rude. I was sitting about 8 rows up so I did not say anything, but I can't believe no one else said anything. I guess they were too nice to put this moron in his place.

ANy thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 12:00 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
you know what I like to do? I like to see terrible movies in their 5th week. go on a tuesday afternoon when there is only me and 1 or 2 other people. then I go sit right next to one of them.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
you know what I like to do? I like to see terrible movies in their 5th week. go on a tuesday afternoon when there is only me and 1 or 2 other people. then I go sit right next to one of them.
So you are the guy that I beat up last week.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:06 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
that's highly doubtful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
So you are the guy that I beat up last week.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
that's highly doubtful.
Well if someone is rude enough to do what you claim to do in a theater I am sure it is just a matter of time.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:10 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,934,177 times
You need to chill out. Trust me, I don't think society all of a sudden started acting rude in movie theaters. I was waiting for you to blame Obama for it!

Old 05-19-2009, 12:12 PM

1. how is that rude?
2. who would start a fight over it?
3. good chance I would destroy the other person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well if someone is rude enough to do what you claim to do in a theater I am sure it is just a matter of time.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
You need to chill out. Trust me, I don't think society all of a sudden started acting rude in movie theaters. I was waiting for you to blame Obama for it!
No. It is not all of the sudden. It has been going on for a while. I am not blaming a political party or a person for the loss of civility. I was simply making an observation. What does Obama have to do with it?

Old 05-19-2009, 12:14 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,934,177 times
Obama has to do with EVERYTHING on this section. Why is this posted in the political section? This might be more of a general thing.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:15 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post

^ I have my own home theater system so I don't go to movie theaters. The rude people are usually poor people on welfare who are probably Obama supporters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies