Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 02:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Okay. Why do all gays have to believe the same thing on all issues related to homosexuality?
They don't. Get to know a few of them and ask them a few questions. You'll find that they're not all clones of one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 02:52 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
They don't. Get to know a few of them and ask them a few questions. You'll find that they're not all clones of one another.
That's my point. Thanks! This thread is saying that there is hypocrisy in that. I'll tell my gay friends that you agree with me (and them) too.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:54 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
That's my point. Thanks! This thread is saying that there is hypocrisy in that.
No it's not. You need to read through the thread again. Maybe more slowly will help.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
That's my point. Thanks! This thread is saying that there is hypocrisy in that. I'll tell my gay friends that you agree with me (and them) too.
Ah, okay. Sorry about the confusion. When this topic was discussed last week, there were a lot of similar misunderstandings.

One could argue that the "pro-gay" position is that this movie is wrong, and that gay politicians deserve privacy, just like straight politicians. The movie argues that allowing them to be private is actually "anti-gay". It's a bit perplexing.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Ah, okay. Sorry about the confusion. When this topic was discussed last week, there were a lot of similar misunderstandings.

One could argue that the "pro-gay" position is that this movie is wrong, and that gay politicians deserve privacy, just like straight politicians. The movie argues that allowing them to be private is actually "anti-gay". It's a bit perplexing.
No problem.

I agree. It is perplexing.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
No it's not. You need to read through the thread again. Maybe more slowly will help.
I----------w-i-l-l.---------T-h-a-n-k-s---------f-o-r------t-h-e--------s-u-g-g-e-s-t-i-o-n.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:02 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
I----------w-i-l-l.---------T-h-a-n-k-s---------f-o-r------t-h-e--------s-u-g-g-e-s-t-i-o-n.
*L* Darn. I'm going to have to rep you for that.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:09 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
So voting the will of the constituency means nothing to you? You'd rather the politician vote by the head of his penis instead of the will of the people that put him office? What if his constituency is ardently anti-gay? His penis is now the dictator of votes - will of the people be damned?

Explain.
Hee hee hee. You said dick tater.

Ya just can't escape sexual innuendo anymore.

YouTube - SLINGBLADE PRANK CALL

Old 05-22-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
*L* Darn. I'm going to have to rep you for that.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
I think that you are thinking of Republicans a'la Karl Rove. And just to jog your memory in case any examples don't come to mind:

"Rove invented a uniquely injurious fiction for his operatives to circulate via a phony poll. Voters were asked, "Would you be more or less likely to vote for John McCain...if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?" This was no random slur. McCain was at the time campaigning with his dark-skinned daughter, Bridget, adopted from Bangladesh."
Dirty Tricks, South Carolina and John McCain

thanks for jogging my memory yes ugly stuff indeed.
but that would not mute the point of general reputation.
not that i am a strict adherent to queens rules, it takes a stalin to stop a hitler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies