Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 12:03 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,489,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Yes it's about the DEFINITION of marriage. Because that would give automatic LEGITIMACY to homosexual unions and heterosexuals do not see homosexual unions as EQUAL to heterosexual unions and REDEFINE the DEFINITION of MARRIAGE.
How does it redefine marriage? All you anti gays say is that, but not how. So, How will your marriage be redefined if gays are allowed full equal marriage rights?

Old 05-31-2015, 12:09 AM

Quote:
I'm going to make this very plain to you and not mince my words.

I disassociate myself with homosexuals.

I have nothing in common with a homosexual.

I put them on the same social level with deviant pedophiles and rapists.

I regard homosexuals as mentally flawed individuals and I pity them.

Why on earth would I want my marriage to be considered equal to that of a homosexual?
I have been with my partner for 36 years. I have no association wiht pedophiles or rapists, I am not mentally flawed and do not ever want any of your pity. My marriage is just as equal to yours. You are not the arbiter of who is equal or deserving of equality. You are in deed a bigot, wear it proudly.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Two consenting adults can engage in whatever they want.

I don't believe that I have a right to tell two consenting adults how they have sex and I am not doing that.

What I am saying is that the act of homosexuality is perverted.
Maybe it is your thoughts that are perverted. Stop thinking about gay sex and what gays do.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No humans are homosapiens.

I've yet to see an animal plan and build a skyscraper, send men to the moon, create and produce a TV show or movie or perform a heart bypass operation.
We are still animals, always will be

Old 05-31-2015, 12:45 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sray017 View Post
Christians aren't by definition bigots. It's those unfortunate people who interpret the bible to support their own agenda who are bigots. Please don't lump me, or other Christians who do support equality, in with yourself.

Well, who wouldn`t support "equality"?

Old 05-31-2015, 01:31 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
These two posts sum it up pretty well - AONE, Jaymax.

Sidenote: Sorry it took me so long to respond; I was celebrating Pride in Pensacola Beach where there were at least five rainbows in the sky throughout the weekend. We decided to take those as a sign.

"Not relevant when read in context. Paul was writing to the church in Rome about converted Christian gentiles who had reverted back to worshipping pagan fertility gods in temples."

//www.city-data.com/forum/8986619-post298.html

One of the dangers of outsourcing your thought process is that you may accept an opinion simply because it fills a desperate emotional need.

There is no mention of pagan fertility gods in Romans Chapter I and "against nature" shouldn't need any further explanation.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:26-27

ROMANS CHAPTER 1

Old 05-31-2015, 04:24 PM

6,385 posts, read 6,272,804 times
No.

Old 05-31-2015, 04:29 PM

104 posts, read 111,206 times
Although we hear this type of rhetoric on Cable news I have to say AaronK I'm flabbergasted.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:09 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,204,876 times
I don't consider myself a bigot necessarily. I consider myself a realist.

Humans are humans(as someone pointed out, we are animals).

When it comes to homosexual anything, heterosexual men(who constitute the massive majority of all men) have always been sickened by it. No honest heterosexual man wants anything homosexual in their home, or within sight of their home, or especially within sight of their children.

Homosexuality is only possible, because people increasingly live separate lives from each other, and especially separate lives from most of their family(especially their increasingly absentee fathers). If this was still a "patriarchal family society", or a "patriarchal tribal society"(like it has been for most of human history); Not only would there not be gay marriage, it wouldn't even be discussed.

The world we live in today, is completely artificial, and isn't an expression of human-nature, but rather a constant and complete assault against it.

People who pretend that they aren't bigots, are the most obviously dishonest people in this entire world.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:14 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,843 times
Quote:
Christians aren't by definition bigots. It's those unfortunate people who interpret the bible to support their own agenda who are bigots. Please don't lump me, or other Christians who do support equality, in with yourself.
How else do you interpret "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination."?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies