Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 11:13 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,334,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because they test for accuracy by asking the terrorists for answers that the interrogator already knows to be true..
Accuracy is not usually what it is about.

During the Viet Nam War, torture was used to get GI's to stand in front of a camera and denounce the U.S.

Lee Harvey Oswald was a patsie!

Many of the "detainees" were probably rounded up as patsies, also.

Remember the Viet Nam quotas, where when our soldiers couldn't produce enough enemy bodies, their superiors simply lied the numbers up to bring comfort and more support for the war effort?

We're winning! We're winning!

And, ladies and gentlemen, "winning", is EVERYTHING in the U.S.

Ya doh wanna be a loser, do ya?

People like that are losers before the game even begins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 11:14 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,218,211 times
Quote:
That is how its done, ask any police officer who has to interrogate a suspected suspect.. Are you that ignorant or are you 10?
Ahhhh, so police officers torture inmates?? Is that what you're saying? They legally torture inmates to get information?

Hmmmm, one of the most memorable incidents of torture by "law enforcement" that I can remember was when the guards at Florida State Prison stomped a death row inmate to death. Literally stomped him to death. And they were not even interrogating the guy. He was already convicted and on death row.

The medical examiner testified that there were boot print marks all over the man's body, on his chest, his ribs, his face, all over him. The guards claimed that the guy was trying to kill himself by throwing himself off his "bunk" which would be just a few feet off the ground!

And it just may surprise you to discover that those guards were all fired and were all charged with crimes. I wonder why, if it is legal for law enforcement folks to torture inmates and suspects which have been arrested, why were those guys were fired, arrested, and charged with crimes?

I've worked in the justice system for over 20 years. I know that law enforcement offices do, in fact, use abuse and torture at times; however, IT IS NOT LEGAL AND WHEN LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS GET CAUGHT, THEY ARE INVESTIGATED, CHARGED WITH A CRIME, AND LOSE THEIR JOBS.

You know what, you actually are starting to sound like a "crooked cop."

Last edited by Austin13; 05-23-2009 at 12:09 PM..

Old 05-23-2009, 11:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
She was guilty and she was used as a scapgoat. She and the other guys were the "token" prosecutions to distract the public from the people who gave the authorizations, as we have now come to find out.

How's your boy Cheney doing these days? Why do the Republicans, such as John McCain, seem to be distancing as far as they can from him?

Mr. Dark Dick Cheney, the "shadow President" who is totally morally bankrupt and a total liar. Actually, one might even think the guy is a bit saddistic considering how much he supports torturing people. Hmmmm, wonder if he was provided with videos of the "enhanced interrogations"? Maybe he enjoyed the "movies."
She wasnt guilty, she committed no crime, she accused The CIA of committing a crime, distracting to Cheney and McCain has what to do with the topic, or anythign else for that matter? Continuing to repeat that people were tortured is making you look folish because you cant think for yourself and obviously have not read through the threads

Old 05-23-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Then it sucks to be them, what if your put in the electric chair for killing someone you didnt kill? Punishment suck to the innocent, and sometimes its best to simply make sure your not in a situation that makes individuals believe your guilty.

Sure it happens, but the fact is, out of 245 prisoners, they waterboarded 3.. ONLY 3..and the fact that they ONLY waterboarded 3 means they were very well targeted individuals for the information that we knew they had. The fact that lives might have been saved confirm that they obtained necessary useful information.

If we were waterboarding, or "torturing" for the sake of doing it, we'd have 245 complaints but we dont..
OMG! Executing someone who didn't commit the crime "sucks".......LMAO! Then you go on to blame the INNOCENT victim which the state killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. ROTFLMAO! OMG! Who are you?? I certainly hope you are not a cop. But your posts sound that way. OH, LORD, HELP US. And I'm not even a Christian.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
LMAO. You are so biased that you cannot even deal with it when a liberal is consistent. If torture is not a crime, then why is it that our law enforcement agencies in this country are not allowed to torture inmates?

Ever heard of lawsuits being filed against law enforcement officers for going "over the line"? So tell me, if torture is legal, then why isn't it used in murder cases and other violent crimes.........like gang violence? Surely "gangs" have been known to be very violent and participate in murders, so why don't we torture gang members who have been arrested so that "we" can find out what their future plans are, and who are all the gang members, and where they live, in order to protect the citizens of various cities in our country?

The topic is WATERBOARDING and the fact that its NOT torture..

Law enforcement officers are charged with violating individuals rights, rights that terrorists IN CUBA do not have. Again, are you 10?

Old 05-23-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Isn't funny how torture is all of a sudden legal and good? It's also funny how the right will dismiss what people who have been tortured like John McCain say on the matter. They'll instead tear him, an Ex-Navy Seal and a General down while claiming they're partiots that believe in our troops and the constitution. I hope they'll say how great torture is to the face of the next American Citizen or Soldier who has to endure it.
No one claimed its good, the argument is, IS IT LEGAL and since it IS LEGAL, why are you not demanding the DEMOCRATS to make it ILLEGAL? You'd rather cry about Bush/Cheney, now McCain, instead of insisting that it be made ILLEGAL so that there is no question in the future..

Old 05-23-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
She wasnt guilty, she committed no crime, she accused The CIA of committing a crime, distracting to Cheney and McCain has what to do with the topic, or anythign else for that matter? Continuing to repeat that people were tortured is making you look folish because you cant think for yourself and obviously have not read through the threads
Hey, give me a break. LOL I've read enough of your posts at this point to have figured out that you must have some "cognitive issues" as well as a very flawed factual knowledge base. I think you're projecting your foolishness onto to me, kiddo. The old "shame" routine does not work on me.

I guess if you're not informed enough to understand the connection between Blabber Mouth Dark Dick and a discussion of waterboarding and torture, that's your problem.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Ahhhh, so police officers torture inmates?? Is that what you're saying? They legally torture inmates to get information?

Hmmmm, one of the most memorable incidents of torture by "law enforcement" that I can remember was when the guards at Florida State Prison stomped a death row inmate to death. Literally stomped him to death. And they were not even interrogating the guy. He was already convicted and on death row.

The medical examiner testified that there were boot print marks all over the man's body, on his chest, his ribs, his face, all over him. The guards claimed that the guy was trying to kill himself by throwing himself off his "bunk" which would be just a few feet off the ground!

And it just may surprise you to discover that those guards were all fired and were all charged with crimes. I wonder why, if it is legal for law enforcement folks are legally allowed to torture inmates and suspects which have been arrested?

I've worked in the justice system for over 20 years. I know that law enforcement offices do, in fact, use abuse and torture at times; however, IT IS NOT LEGAL AND WHEN LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS GET CAUGHT, THEY ARE INVESTIGATED, CHARGED WITH A CRIME, AND LOSE THEIR JOBS.

You know what, you actually are starting to sound like a "crooked cop."
Now your being stupid.. Again..

The question was how do you tell if someone you are interogating is telling the truth.

The answer doesnt change if your a law enforcement officer interrogating a suspect, or if your interrogating terrorists, you ask them questions that you already know the answer to, and if they tell you the truth on that, then there is a high probability that they are being truthful about other facts given up not previously known. If they are lying about facts that you already know to be a lie, then the other items they tell you, then there is a high probability that the unknown facts they are telling you are also lies..

Old 05-23-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
OMG! Executing someone who didn't commit the crime "sucks".......LMAO! Then you go on to blame the INNOCENT victim which the state killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. ROTFLMAO! OMG! Who are you?? I certainly hope you are not a cop. But your posts sound that way. OH, LORD, HELP US. And I'm not even a Christian.
Yes, being executed for killing someone you didnt kill SUCKS.. It has happened numerous times in society, dont pretend it hasnt..

I NEVER justified it, I stated a FACT.. Again, you can ignore the fact all day long but that doesnt mean those executed for something they didnt do, didnt suck..

Old 05-23-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Boy are you blind... and borderline insane...

Eric Holder says WaterBoarding is torture, POTUS says waterboarding is torture the The Senate Judiciary subcommittee calls it torture...
"borderline insane"?????????????

I vote for enormously stubborn, with cognitive issues, and a very, very FLAWED AND LIMITED factual knowledge base, plus inability to distinguish between facts and desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies