Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 10:00 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times

Advertisements

(CNN) – In the ongoing war of words between Rush Limbaugh and Colin Powell, top Bush strategist Karl Rove is siding with the popular talk radio host.
Appearing on Fox News Sunday, Rove said Limbaugh would edge out the former secretary of state if he "had to pick between the two."
Rove's comments come after a back-and-forth between Limbaugh and Powell, during which both have charged the other is hurting the GOP's chances of success in the future.

Discussing divisions over the direction of the party in the wake of its losses in the 2006 midterm elections and 2008 presidential election, Powell said the party should expand its base.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Rove sides with Limbaugh « - Blogs from CNN.com

And this is exactly why I feel the GOP is doomed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 10:02 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Limbaugh, Rove, and Cheney! WHAT a TriFecta!

May they all go on a long hunting trip together

Old 05-25-2009, 10:02 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Powell has character; Limbaugh is a character. Rove will always avoid the person with character if he can.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:03 AM

305 posts, read 539,423 times
One turd blossom obviously recognizes another

Old 05-25-2009, 10:10 AM

30 posts, read 56,785 times
I'll take the four-star general and purple heart recipient over a guy whose entire career consist of sitting in a chair spitting into a microphone.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:13 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times
I actually side with Limbaugh about Powell being a democrat. Powell is a democrat, the first step is admitting it, he has not done that yet.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I actually side with Limbaugh about Powell being a democrat. Powell is a democrat, the first step is admitting it, he has not done that yet.

So, is it official? Limbaugh is now the official arbiter of just who qualifies as a Republican?

According to Powell, he's a Republican, I'll take his word over some sanctimonious junkie's any day.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:53 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, is it official? Limbaugh is now the official arbiter of just who qualifies as a Republican?

According to Powell, he's a Republican, I'll take his word over some sanctimonious junkie's any day.
No. You clearly are not interested in paying attention.

Powell's own words two weeks ago:

People want more government in their life, not less.

That my friend are the words of a Democrat. It doesn't take hearing that from Rush to know Powell's thoughts are those of a Democrat. I don't listen to Rush and the guy is frequently a jack ass. But he is also frequently correct, and on Powell being a democrat, he is definitely correct.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:56 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
Yeah when you are a self-proclaimed moderate Republican and you cross party lines to vote for a left leaning inexperienced Democrat over your own parties decorated war hero moderate...you may just be a Democrat in denial.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
No. You clearly are not interested in paying attention.

Powell's own words two weeks ago:

People want more government in their life, not less.

That my friend are the words of a Democrat. It doesn't take hearing that from Rush to know Powell's thoughts are those of a Democrat. I don't listen to Rush and the guy is frequently a jack ass. But he is also frequently correct, and on Powell being a democrat, he is definitely correct.
BULL! It's the hypocritical NeoConfuseds who claim they want less government except when more government suits their agenda, as with the abortion issue.

And YOU have obviously not paid attention, it was yesterday on Face The Nation that Powell himself said he is a Republican, a far more reliable source of his own beliefs than some fat doper gasbag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies