Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 01:33 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Why is it that the sex stops after marriage with the heterosexuals? From my straight, married, male friends, it seems to be the wife who puts the brakes on it.

Hmmm This could be a great recruiting point for homosexuality. "Join our team and the sex never stops!"
I don't think its marriage, I think it is having kids!

Old 05-29-2009, 01:55 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,132,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I have been with my partner for over 26 years...if I could get married we would.I am curious how many of my straight peers are married. How many times have you been married and what was your longest lasting marriage?Gay people please chime in too. P.S. Kenney Chesney one day does not count!

hi p2s

yes there should be legal compensation for long term relationships but not church marriages---imho----not sanctioned biblically

Old 05-29-2009, 02:02 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Default Question for gay couples

I have a question for gay couples in long term relationships. Was there a moment and a conversation where you committed to being together forever, or did you just decide to move in together w/o that sort of commitment? I ask because , as "domestic partners" there wouldn't need to be that kind of life long commitment in order to apply for benefits. Personally, I'm all for gay marriage or civil unions, and I even think that it is more "traditional family-esque" to have to commit in order to get the benefits. Does that make sense? If the anti-gay marriage people looked at it in that context perhaps they'd change their minds.

Can opposite sex couples apply for domestic partner benefits?

Old 05-29-2009, 03:06 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
How about butting out of other people's lives? Other people who have no impact on you whatsoever. What they do in their homes is their business and as consenting adults, have every right to do whatever they want to do just as us "straight" consenting adults do. You take care of your life and live the life you feel God wants you to and let others live the life they want to whether they believe in God or not. Just like you said, God will ultimately have the final judgement. Not you.
Wanted to rep you, but need to 'spread it around'.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Can opposite sex couples apply for domestic partner benefits?
Not sure about other states, but the bill that our governor just vetoed would have applied to opposite sex couples as well. Still hoping the legislature will override the governor's veto. And not liking the response I got from my legislator to the email I sent encouraging that veto override.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:17 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,628,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
Lol reminds me of that old joke. What is the best form of birth control..... Wedding cake.
Yup!!!!

Old 05-29-2009, 03:18 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
The reason why this country seems off track and 'isn't working' sometimes is because people fail to follow the word of God so you have it completely backwards (again).

Did I ever say there's nothing contradictory about the Bible??? No, I haven't because since the Bible was originally written in Aramaic and has been translated numerous times (and therefore interpreted differently just as many times) there's no true way to find the REAL meaning of God but it's our job to do our best at interpreting it. Do you really think that it was God's intent to have a man marry another man and perform sexual acts on each other? Impossible. Man and woman are natural and they can create life together....no matter what you believe in it's clear to see that this was the original intent of whatever 'creator' you might believe in.
So why did God create gays and lesbians?

Old 05-29-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
No, I haven't because since the Bible was originally written in Aramaic and has been translated numerous times
Actually, the Bible was written in at least three different languages - Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:29 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I don't think its marriage, I think it is having kids!
Nah. All you need is a sex aid. Try Vaseline.

If you put enough of it on the knob, the kids can't get your bedroom door open.

Problem solved.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:57 PM
pba

410 posts, read 917,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
So why did God create gays and lesbians?
I don't have all the answers...that's one of many that I can't wait to find an answer to some day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies