Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 03:49 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Oh c'mon, If Bush tried to get a supreme court nomonie who was a member of the "Aryan brotherhood", The libs would be screaming RACIST!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 03:49 PM

223 posts, read 300,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I do NOT believe the majority of Hispanic-Americans support a reconquista. I was married to an Hispanic-American, although he considers himself simply American. I also have many Hispanic friends, none of whom support this nonsense. However, there are many Hispanics, primarily illegal aliens, who DO believe this country was stolen from them, and that they have a right and obligation to reclaim it.

La Raza (NCLR) has refused on EVERY occasion to admonish the groups espousing Aztlan. The fact that they deny involvement in public means nothing, if they are not willing to publicly denounce them. Thus, I can only surmise they support them.

Can I prove their involvement? Absolutely not. I also can’t prove that they are profiting from the cheap illegal labor industry, but I’d bet the farm they are.
Many Americans believe Mexican land was stolen, including many prominent Americans(including non-Hispanics since apparently that matters) who opposed the war at the time: Abraham Lincoln, John Quincy Adams, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, Ulysses S. Grant.

The war was driven by Manifest Destiny,and the desire to gain slave states. But that's history.

I think the war was unjust, but it has nothing to do with me. I live in Southern California, and I love it. I love living in America. I don't want this to be given back to Mexico. Despite feeling that that part of history was unfair, I don't think there's many Mexicans who want to get it back.

You admit you know Hispanics, and none of them support or give any credibility for a desire for reconquista.
And yet you are convinced that there is this perceived "right and obligation to reclaim" the southwest.
Based on what?
You ever hear an illegal say he came here to reclaim territory? Of the Hispanics you know, you haven't met one who is for this. You believe it because people TELL YOU it's real. They manipulate images, and words from a handful of radicals, and play it to you, and you slurp it up like Kool-Aid on a hot summer day.

Is this logical of you?

Old 05-28-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
A member of La Raza???? Someone probably just joined using her name or maybe she wasn't present on the Sundays when their radical views were being presented. I am sure she could no more disown La Raza than she could a member of her own family...

Yeah she used that I was not there from obama's playbook!

Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
La Raza is an organization comprised of illegal alien profiteers. They are no better than the former slave traders. It's sad so many people believe in their benevolence. I have zero respect for them.
A bit dramatic and emotional, don't you think?

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
The group to which the judge belongs responds:

National Council of La Raza: Viewpoints (http://www.nclr.org/content/viewpoints/detail/42500/ - broken link)

Or are folks not interested in accurate investigation?
a self-investigation?
not particularly.

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
are you talking about NCLR?

if so, you are gravely mistaken.

but to each his own.

slave traders...
Yes, slave traders. African tribal leaders betrayed their own people for profit, and sold them into slavery. La Raza (NCLR) is instrumental in the continuation of the modern-day slavery we now know as illegal immigration. It is an extremely lucrative business, and they are reaping the benefits. They don’t actually want amnesty, they want open borders, and a steady influx of cheap labor.

If you do a little research, you will discover they are funded by numerous major corporations, all of whom profit from illegal immigration. It’s unconscionable.

142 posts, read 221,989 times
Quote:
I have seen ALL of La Raza's lies, but you are certainly entitled to believe them. You are sheeple being blindly led to the slaughter. It’s actually sad.
For something to be a lie you need to be able to prove it is false. You have yet do so; yet on the contrary, you have been proven wrong over and over.

You sound like some racists that claim they don't hate blacks. In one sentence they claim they are inferior and in the next "I'm not racist, I have black friends!"

Slavery? Seriously, slavery?

The people claiming that the land was stolen is only half correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
White slavery. It's coming. Pay back's a ***** ain't it?
So then you think slavery is a good thing as long as it is not your race.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I have seen ALL of La Raza's lies, but you are certainly entitled to believe them. You are sheeple being blindly led to the slaughter. It’s actually sad.
Are we?
Or are you the sheeple being convinced there's going to be a slaughter?
You're the one quoting conspiracy theories.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:54 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
they dont want open borders!

check the FAQ.

as for who they are affiliated with or what Major corporations, can you name them, and then name name all the other orgs that are also affiliated with these "profiteers"

you must spend a lot of time boycotting...

Quote:
Yes, slave traders. African tribal leaders betrayed their own people for profit, and sold them into slavery. La Raza (NCLR) is instrumental in the continuation of the modern-day slavery we now know as illegal immigration. It is an extremely lucrative business, and they are reaping the benefits. They don’t actually want amnesty, they want open borders, and a steady influx of cheap labor.

If you do a little research, you will discover they are funded by numerous major corporations, all of whom profit from illegal immigration. It’s unconscionable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies