Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:03 AM

570 posts, read 1,583,969 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigrants Get Better Health Care Then US Vets!
“All veterans and their families are painfully aware of the uphill struggle to obtain medical services at Veteran’s Affairs hospitals and clinics. We have to provide a ream of personal, financial, and military documentation just to get “in” the system. Once the information is validated then we are informed what our “share” of the medical expenses will be. If we submit the information in March, and we lose our job in April, we have to wait a full year for the VA to reassess our co-payment. With past funding cuts it is not unusual for a veteran to have to travel across several counties to reach a VA medical center.

Meanwhile, the illegal simply presents himself to the nearest hospital for a complete smorgasbord of free medical services. This “squatter” enjoys all of the freedoms that the veteran has fought for, with none of the pain, suffering, or expenses associated with them…

Read full story from techserum.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 06:47 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,703,578 times
There is something unfair. The story states "because of federally-mandated programs requiring free emergency room services to illegal aliens". Emergency rooms are "free" for everyone in the states, even vets. There's multiple layers of the an emergency room visit. Suppose you hire self employed Jose for you're landscaping needs (stereo-type added for effect). Jose is an I.A., but you don't know that. He has a heart attack on your lawn...Should he be allowed to die? Another what if; he has an accident and cuts his leg bad. Should he be allowed medical care? I'm against Nationalized/socialized healthcare, yet this is one of the very few benefits I see.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:16 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,584,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
There is something unfair. The story states "because of federally-mandated programs requiring free emergency room services to illegal aliens". Emergency rooms are "free" for everyone in the states, even vets. There's multiple layers of the an emergency room visit. Suppose you hire self employed Jose for you're landscaping needs (stereo-type added for effect). Jose is an I.A., but you don't know that. He has a heart attack on your lawn...Should he be allowed to die? Another what if; he has an accident and cuts his leg bad. Should he be allowed medical care? I'm against Nationalized/socialized healthcare, yet this is one of the very few benefits I see.
ER visits are not free for vets. Sure you will go to the ER, and get treated, but you will also get a huge bill. For Jose, the IA, he might get a huge bill, but what motivates him to pay it? He is not a citizen, so there will be no reprocutions to non-payment.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:58 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
ER visits are not free for vets. Sure you will go to the ER, and get treated, but you will also get a huge bill. For Jose, the IA, he might get a huge bill, but what motivates him to pay it? He is not a citizen, so there will be no reprocutions to non-payment.
Right, b/c American citizens NEVER blow off their medical bills.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
That's point exactly...ANYONE who goes to an ER gets treated and a bill. What motivates anyone to pay? If anyone has a heart attack, it's not uncommon to get a quarter million dollar bill before a lot of interest. In that situation, that’s when integrity takes a back seat for most. #1 reason people file for bankruptcy is because of medical bills. And some question for discussion...Do you think most gang members/the elderly would pay their ER bills?

Old 06-04-2009, 02:18 PM

Understood. But for citizens, there is at least some sort of reprocution for not paying. Your credit gets smashed. What does an IA care if their credit gets smashed. Plus, providing free care to illegals will only worsen the expense of our health care system. It's kind of a bass ackwards system if you ask me. The people who put their sweat and tears into being productive citizens go by the wayside to those who don't. Believe what you want, it ain't fair to the citizens.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Understood. But for citizens, there is at least some sort of reprocution for not paying. Your credit gets smashed. What does an IA care if their credit gets smashed. Plus, providing free care to illegals will only worsen the expense of our health care system. It's kind of a bass ackwards system if you ask me. The people who put their sweat and tears into being productive citizens go by the wayside to those who don't. Believe what you want, it ain't fair to the citizens.
Agreed...It's all politics; a politicians only job is to get re-elected. An unfortunate vehicle to do that job is to be relaxed with the IA as its been proven they'll vote for you.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:29 AM

570 posts, read 1,583,969 times
Quote:
Don't you think an American Vet. should get better care than Jose the illegal alien? And not have to be in a emergency room with knows what?

Old 06-05-2009, 08:23 AM

836 posts, read 3,383,621 times
Hmmm I think if your ILLEGAL here in the US.. You shouldn't even get Health Insurance... no medicaid, no medicare, no coverage at all because You are Illegal and that is that!! Truthfully if you need to see a doctor you should have to pay up front for the visit if your Illegal! We don't get a free ride in other countries so why should they. The problem is.. is they come over here Illegaly get sick goto the ER for a cold and rack up bills they can't/won't pay, then it falls back to the tax payers problems this is why Hopitals are raisng the cost of ER visits. It's bad enough we have regular Citizens here that can't afford health insurance and they have to dish out tons of money for an er/doctor visit but then you have these Illegals doing the same thing but yet they think don't have to pay.

Of course our Vets should get better health care it is ridiculous they fight for our so called wonderful country and then come back home to get crappy care. How is this right? The Government doesn't care about anybody but themselves and this is a known fact. They don't care if a vet came back from Iraq with his leg blown off and has nightmares or suicidle thoughts because of what they went through. All the Government cares about is whether or not they get their next millions. Something should be done about this! But what can we do, besides sit back and watch.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Agreed...It's all politics; a politicians only job is to get re-elected. An unfortunate vehicle to do that job is to be relaxed with the IA as its been proven they'll vote for you.
I'm currently taking a Political Science class and they actually try to spin this fact into a great thing. They suggest that because politicians are always in a political race, they stay objective to the issues. I'm not buying it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies