Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 03:49 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
He is not a Muslim and currently he is in that part of the world and all he is doing is explaining that the West has Muslims too. Why is it that hard to grasp?
Its not really, but it also takes functioning brain cells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 05:35 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Oh and now Obama said..."the muslim faithis one of tolerance"...for who for the woman who have to walk behind their husband's...for the people they blew up by using homicide bombers...for the military people who killed just this week?...etc.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:41 AM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
As ABC's Jake Tapper and Sunlen Miller astutely outline here, the Obama administration is embracing the new president's inner Muslim, as it were. Deputy national security adviser stated that Obama had "experienced Islam on three continents...growing up in Indonesia, having a Muslim father -- obviously Muslim Americans [are] a key part of Illinois and Chicago".

So that's once, twice, three times a Muslim?

Just in case the Arab world hasn't yet got this message of inbuilt tolerance, Mr Obama himself has gone a step further. In an interview with France's Canal Plus released on Tuesday evening, he suggested that the United States might be a Muslim country.

This is just a small piece of an article which you can read in full by clicking on the link.

Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible
Short & long answer is the same:

Your source lies.

Check Tapper's original report.

All it really says is that Obama spent some years in Indonesia.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:36 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Better than being a Christian Country.
You would seriously rather live in a Muslim country than a Christian one? The kind ruled by Sharia, you know, where you could be gang-raped then your family would have to murder you as an "honor killing"?

Iraqi Women Should Think Twice Before Accepting Constitution

I provided a link in case no one believed me...

Old 06-04-2009, 06:44 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
You would seriously rather live in a Muslim country than a Christian one? The kind ruled by Sharia, you know, where you could be gang-raped then your family would have to murder you as an "honor killing"?

Iraqi Women Should Think Twice Before Accepting Constitution

I provided a link in case no one believed me...

Thats typical liberalism for you. All the evils that go on in this world, and what do they complain about? Outraged that gays cant marry, worried they cant get an abortion, pissed that they cant hire illegal alien housekeepers.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:57 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
America's Muslims Aren't as Assimilated as You Think

So runs the comforting media narrative that has developed around the approximately 6 million Muslims in the United States, who are often portrayed as well-assimilated and willing to leave their religion and culture behind in pursuit of American values and lifestyle.
A new generation of American Muslims -- living in the shadow of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks -- is becoming more religious. They are more likely to take comfort in their own communities, and less likely to embrace the nation's fabled melting pot of shared values and common culture.
Ismahan recalled similar experiences. In elementary school, she had tried to fit in. As an adult, though, "I know I don't have to fit in," she said.

"I don't think Muslims have to assimilate. We are not treated like Americans.

At work, I get up from my desk and go to pray. I thought I would face opposition from my boss.

Even before I realized he didn't mind, I thought, 'I have a right to be a Muslim, and I don't have to assimilate.' "

America's Muslims Aren't as Assimilated as You Think
Here in Michigan, there are huge Muslim communities. They have their own schools and their own neighborhoods-and in the neighborhoods the signs on the businesses are only in their languages. No, many of them do not assimilate. They form their own communities and stay within their own tightly knit groups. Yes, I realize many groups do this but it is more starkingly apparent when you drive through an area like Dearborn or parts of Ann Arbor.

I worked a while back for a pizza place that was owned by Muslims and it was...difficult, being a white woman. They would make comments like "American woman should know her place in our business". Yeah, I didn't stay there long.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:43 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Then.....Obama lied.
Man, that never happened before........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies