Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:26 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
BIG difference.....slavery is wrong and abortion isn't......don't try to be clever....it'll just backfire.

There were people who sincerely believed that slavery wasn't wrong too. Their belief didn't make it right. Just as the killing of unborn people isn't right and someday people will look back in just as much horror that it was accepted as a right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 09:27 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Question for anti-choice people:

Are you glad Dr. Tiller's mother didn't abort him?
Oh how clever. Never heard anything quite like that one before

I'm prochoice and hope nobody needs an abortion but I'm thankful for BC and that early abortion can be done safely and privately without anyone else having a say or ever even knowing.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:28 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
None of you anti-lifers have commented on the videos I posted. Too scared...want to divert attention away from them? Correct?

Old 06-06-2009, 09:29 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Anyone who will deliberately take away all of someone's sovereignty over their own body and force them to risk their life against their will is so selfish that I honestly can't get my mind around how someone will do it. Talk about the "me generation!" This is the ultimate "me" thinking.
You say that and yet you are willing to take away not only sovereignty but life itself from another human being. How do you reconcile that with your position?

Old 06-06-2009, 09:31 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

That's laughable. Pregnancy is actually very safe in most cases. It's not 1900 anymore.
Tell that to my cousin who damn near died giving birth, and still suffers from the damage caused to her body as a result of the trauma, including memory loss and paralysis. And that's not to mention the fact that she'll never be able to have another child due to the emergency hysterectomy they were forced to perform while they were trying to save her life.

You don't get to dictate that I should be forced to take that risk with my body and my life, regardless how small it might be. Period.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:31 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You say that and yet you are willing to take away not only sovereignty but life itself from another human being. How do you reconcile that with your position?
How do you reconcile the fact that you want to force someone to be born that may not want to be?

Old 06-06-2009, 09:32 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
None of you anti-lifers have commented on the videos I posted. Too scared...want to divert attention away from them? Correct?
What are the videos about? A recap would be nice.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:34 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
And yet, I'm right. Anyone who is opposed to abortion on demand by definition considers a fetus more important than a woman's right to control her own body. That's you.
Wrong. YOU are a minion yourself. HA!

You're the one who is unwilling to consider any viewpoint other than your own. It's certainly not your place to judge others.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:36 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post

Let's pretend for a moment that I accept that a fetus is "another human being." If that "other human being" is threatening my life, I am entitled to protect myself from it, up to and including killing it. I could even do that if it walked up to me on the street and pointed a gun at me. That's how I reconcile that with my position. It's perfectly logical, reasonable and legal.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:36 PM
LML

Quote:
How do you reconcile the fact that you want to force someone to be born that may not want to be?

I wonder how many people....no matter what their circumstances of birth ....truly would wish they had never been born. Don't count teen agers in puberty who are mad because mom won't let them take the car tonight. Just seriously ask 100 people if they wish they had never felt the sun on their face, never listened to music, never eaten an ice cream cone, never laughed, never cried, never had the opportunity to make their own choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies