Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider George Tiller to be a hero?
Yes 20 28.99%
No 49 71.01%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 10:58 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times

Advertisements

I wonder if instead of performing abortions, if this doctor saved the lives of known rapists & murderers. Would he be villified for that?

Old 06-07-2009, 11:01 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The last thing the liberals want is for people to be educated about the truth of abortion. Since there have been groups showing pictures of abortions to the public, more and more have said they are against abortion. Hopefully with Tiller's death, the horrors of what he did will encourage more to look into it.
Ya mean like forbidding the photos of coffins arriving at Dover AF base?

Like photos of humans of all ages blown apart in Iraq?

Why aren't you pushing for people to see those and then maybe we can end war....oh, that's right, once the child is born YOU DON'T CARE! And if they are Iraqi you REALLY don't care!
You need those babies coming out fast for more cannon fodder and burger flippers and low paid workers.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:01 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
I wonder if instead of performing abortions, if this doctor saved the lives of known rapists & murderers. Would he be villified for that?
I imagine doctors do that every day, in Emergency rooms around the country. In that case, they are FULFILLING their oath.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:03 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
And you are?
No. I leave that to the professional organization that is tasked with that. I'm not the one making unsupportable claims here.

Quote:
A person who celebrates a monster that killed over 60,000 of the unborn AND most definately violated his oath.
This isn't even a sentence. What are you babbling on about?

Quote:
If a creature like that can make a judgement, so can others.
A creature like what? What judgement? Maybe you need to take a deep breath, have a nap, and come back with a little perspective.

Quote:
Just curious; how did he NOT violate his oath?
He was caring for his patients, giving them the best advice and service that he could. That's pretty simple. It's kind of surprising that someone can't understand it - even you.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
A person who celebrates a monster that killed over 60,000 of the unborn AND most definately violated his oath.
Quote:
This isn't even a sentence. What are you babbling on about?
Just ignore the extra "AND". I see that little tiny word threw you for a loop.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
It's kind of surprising that someone can't understand it - even you.
Do you even realize what the Oath entails?

If you did, you would have to admit he has, er did (no chance of violating it further now), violate his Oath many, many times.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:11 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
I imagine doctors do that every day, in Emergency rooms around the country. In that case, they are FULFILLING their oath.
Right. Do you find it offensive?

Old 06-07-2009, 11:14 AM

No. A murderer/serial killer who has been injured, shot, stabbed, near death should be treated just like any other patient. That is the duty of a physician. Get them well enough to be tried, convicted, and put to death.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:15 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Just ignore the extra "AND". I see that little tiny word threw you for a loop.
I see. You screw up your sentence, and still find a way to blame the reader. That's pretty indicative of your whole outlook on life, isn't it?

Quote:
A person who celebrates a monster that killed over 60,000 of the unborn () most definately violated his oath.
And it still doesn't even make sense! The subject is someone other than Dr. Tiller (One "who celebrates a monster that killed ..."), but yet "violated his oath." How does that make any sense?

You can't even write a sensible comment - then you mock others for not being able to ignore a specific, CAPITALIZED word. You're a joke.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:19 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The last thing the liberals want is for people to be educated about the truth of abortion. Since there have been groups showing pictures of abortions to the public, more and more have said they are against abortion. Hopefully with Tiller's death, the horrors of what he did will encourage more to look into it.
evryone who is pro choice knows exactly what an abortion is. the women who have abortions know full well what it is. they do not need graphic pictures to know. women are not so full of fluff in the head that they don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies