Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 08:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

So it's finally coming to light. I've been weaned off MSM for a while now. I read it with a grain of salt but find my REAL news on foreign sites now. There is so much complacent Americans don't know and probably don't care to know.

Americans are ambivalent to the subtle changes going on around them. I read up on Hitler's rise to power and while I would not compare Obama to Hitler, the way Hitler rose to power (promise everything to everyone) and the propaganda machine he ran and how he took power bits and pieces to "save the German people" until he had it all is eerily similar to what is going on.

Scary tin foil maybe ? I don't know but I do know I do not like what is going on today in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 08:18 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times

Old 06-16-2009, 08:21 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times
And HOW DO YOU KNOW WHO IS PAYING for the time on ABC?

Apparently the person who wrote the letter from GOP is not sure whether ABC is "donating" the time or whether it's being paid for by the DNC. Did you read this particular sentence from the letter in the link provided in your first post? Specifically: "If that is the case"....

QUOTE:

"In the absence of opposition, I am concerned this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda. If that is the case, this primetime infomercial should be paid for out of the DNC coffers."

Old 06-16-2009, 08:21 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times

Old 06-16-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it's not called the obamedia for nothin.'
How do you know it's something "for nothin"?

The Drudge Report didn't say anything at all about whether or not the air time is being paid for by someone..........people are making assumptions. Any time about which is devoted to the issue during the News programs, is just that, news.

You guys got nuts over nothing.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So it's finally coming to light. I've been weaned off MSM for a while now. I read it with a grain of salt but find my REAL news on foreign sites now. There is so much complacent Americans don't know and probably don't care to know.

Americans are ambivalent to the subtle changes going on around them. I read up on Hitler's rise to power and while I would not compare Obama to Hitler, the way Hitler rose to power (promise everything to everyone) and the propaganda machine he ran and how he took power bits and pieces to "save the German people" until he had it all is eerily similar to what is going on.

Scary tin foil maybe ? I don't know but I do know I do not like what is going on today in America.
Extreme Nationalism played a huge role in Hitler's success. Extreme Nationalism.

Did you vote for Obama? I would guess not. Therefore it doesn't surprise me that you don't like what is going on. Where were you when Bush was creating his very strong Imperial Presidency? He opened the door for any future President.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:29 AM

Default cleanhouse

What's that photo supposed to mean? I don't get it. More attempted right wing scare tactics, just like this thread? Remember these words, Extreme Nationalism.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:29 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
And liberals wonder why Fox News is so popular? It doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand that network news so blatantly climbing in bed with Obama is the very reason that the people of America want an alternative point of view.

But you can't tell a liberal that. If Obama didn't say it, then it must not be true.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:30 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
My favorite video game quote: "It's not news, it's just advertising"

(from Mirror's Edge, which the main character is surprisingly enough living under a future totatitarian government)

Old 06-16-2009, 08:31 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
What's that photo supposed to mean? I don't get it. More attempted right wing scare tactics, just like this thread? Remember these words, Extreme Nationalism.
The fact that ABC and Obama are bed buddies doesn't bother you? Remember these words, Extremely Un-American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies