Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:35 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,845 times

Advertisements

A White House document shows that executives from big oil companies met with Vice President Cheney's energy task force in 2001 -- something long suspected by environmentalists but denied as recently as last week by industry officials testifying before Congress.

Document Says Oil Chiefs Met With Cheney Task Force

This story is kind of old but I would loved to have been a fly on the wall during that meeting. Normally I am not a betting man but I would be willing to bet my life savings that Cheney was not exactly going to bat for the folks on Main Street....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 11:42 AM

519 posts, read 688,918 times
Sounds akin to the Bilderberg Group. Except oil companies are worried about their own profits, not one world government.

Besides, who gives a crap if environmentalists were left out of the confidential meeting? I don't recall anything that says they are entitled to squat when it comes to executive branch meetings.

Just ask Obama. He recently fought for the policy to keep such meetings secret as well.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:46 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,433,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
A White House document shows that executives from big oil companies met with Vice President Cheney's energy task force in 2001 -- something long suspected by environmentalists but denied as recently as last week by industry officials testifying before Congress.

Document Says Oil Chiefs Met With Cheney Task Force

This story is kind of old but I would loved to have been a fly on the wall during that meeting. Normally I am not a betting man but I would be willing to bet my life savings that Cheney was not exactly going to bat for the folks on Main Street....

We all know Big Oil and their environmental rapist buddies wrote the Bush regime's energy policy...the entire 8 years are a stain upon our nation's history.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:08 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
We all know Big Oil and their environmental rapist buddies wrote the Bush regime's energy policy...the entire 8 years are a stain upon our nation's history.
why do you think barry and his oil buddies have raised the price of oil? is it to punnish the poor he hates so much?

Old 06-17-2009, 12:08 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,388,660 times
Did he shoot anybody?

Old 06-17-2009, 01:51 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
So, lets see, we have an energy task force, and they meet with people that know something about energy production. Why is that a suprise? I'd hope the people on the task force would know something about energy production...why would you want policy shaped by those that have no knowledge of what is involved?

Same thing if you were to create a task force to, oh, say, help guide direction of the automotive industry...you'd hope you had people with knowledge and understanding of the industry and the product. Seems like just common sense doesn't it? Oh wait....

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 06-17-2009 at 02:23 PM..

Old 06-17-2009, 02:04 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So, lets see, we have an energy task force, and they meet with people that know something about energy production. Why is that a suprise? I'd hope the people on the task force would know something about energy production...why would you want policy shaped by those that have no knowledge of what is involved?

Same thing if you were to create a task force that, oh, say, is to help guide direction of the automotive industry...you'd hope you had people with knowledge and understanding of the industry and the product. Seems like just common sense doesn't it? Oh wait....
It was a closed door meeting...

Old 06-17-2009, 02:21 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
It was a closed door meeting...
So? The task force was trying to collect information to allow them to formulate effective policy. Interviewing people that know something about the topic seems like an obvious thing to do. Should it be "open door" and end up with a bunch of overage hippie Sierra Club types to disrupt things with a protest pout?

Old 06-17-2009, 02:31 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,610,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So? The task force was trying to collect information to allow them to formulate effective policy.
Yes, of course they were. Vice President Cheney would NEVER have put his own interests above effective policy that would benefit all Americans. How could anybody even attempt to imply otherwise?

Old 06-17-2009, 05:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Geez, I would hope so.

Have they met with bambam yet - cause you know they will.

But I'm sure that will be characterized as a innocent, pure intentions meeting, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies