Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 06:34 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,855,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Didn't you critisize Obama for doing just that?
when? I criticize obama for being an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 06:45 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,490,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
when? I criticize obama for being an idiot.
So was he an idiot for staying out of Iran's business and allowing their people to protest without it being marginalized by American invlovement?

Old 06-21-2009, 06:47 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,847,490 times
Quote:
let's get our house in order, and then worry about the rest of the world.
sounds good but ont happen, another thing israel has their foot so far uo americas a 5 5 its not funny, we cannot even break ties with them for the sake of it. as long as they are on deck we will be worrying

Old 06-21-2009, 06:51 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
So was he an idiot for staying out of Iran's business and allowing their people to protest without it being marginalized by American invlovement?
nope. never said he was. 1 good decision in how many months?

Old 06-21-2009, 06:52 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,868,694 times
Quote:
good god I am not proud to be an american. first we elect the american idol president, now we are protesting an election in iran? who cares about iran? how about we all butt out of that country.
I feel for the people of Iran who want change. WE must respect their fight. I know it was not a great one but it was a start. We who enjoy liberty should never believe freedom is only for the select few.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:56 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,599,328 times
Quote:
this actually doesn't have to do with domestic policy. it has to do with some idiots in kalifornia whining about a country we shouldn't be bothering with.
Yes, I know this. And actually, it's not just people in california (that's with a "c"). I mean seriously, like I've said before, why such animosity? And don't come back with "I have no animosity, I just think it's stupid". People have a problem w/how the elections went in that country, it's not a huge group & it doesn't affect your life or how this country will do policy. It's simply people who want to protest a practice that they think is unfair. According to you, you seem to think that anything is fair. No matter what. That's great, but don't belittle others who have a differing opinion.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I feel for the people of Iran who want change. WE must respect their fight. I know it was not a great one but it was a start. We who enjoy liberty should never believe freedom is only for the select few.

we have NO business in iranian politics.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:59 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,490,257 times
Quote:
nope. never said he was. 1 good decision in how many months?
If you disagree with him on all of his other decisions then he must be making great decisions

Old 06-21-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Yes, I know this. And actually, it's not just people in california (that's with a "c"). I mean seriously, like I've said before, why such animosity? And don't come back with "I have no animosity, I just think it's stupid". People have a problem w/how the elections went in that country, it's not a huge group & it doesn't affect your life or how this country will do policy. It's simply people who want to protest a practice that they think is unfair. According to you, you seem to think that anything is fair. No matter what. That's great, but don't belittle others who have a differing opinion.
they have a right to protest, and I have a right to make fun of their protest. that's the american way. I never said they couldn't, I said it was foolish to protest the politics of another country. so you have a problem with me having an opinion about something that has no affect on my life? I hope you have never posted a single negative word about hurricane katrina. that had NO affect on you.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:02 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,633,546 times
love thy self first then worry about the neighbors, never. actually that is what I see today. so every one seems to be right on cue.

the government loves us. so let them take care of us. we should not ask any questions and we should trust that what they have planned for us is within our best interest over all. we should leave them alone and let them do their jobs. we should not protest for ourselves or for any other country for that matter. we elected the best of the best to serve our every need, did we not?

and those of other countries should too, trust their government and give to them absolute power to serve them and cover their every need until death do they part. what does it matter that they buried a woman half up to her waist and stoned her to death? what do we care? it wasn't us. it's their business not ours on what they do to their people.

governments around the world always put the needs of the people before the needs of themselves.

sounds grape, doesn't it?

Antiwar Protest Largest Since '60s

Freedom just another word for nothing left to loose...

and besides that we're broke! the U.S hasn't any money left to spend on help to our neighbors.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 06-21-2009 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: we're broke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies