Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:46 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,976,646 times

Advertisements

This is the LAST STRAW. I would vote for anyone, up to and including a ham sandwhich before I ever vote for Obama in 2012.

Today, Obama signed the single most fascist piece of legislation since the Patriot Act. An anti-smoking bill which bans any flavor in tobacco, including my cloves!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124484664398811283.html

What the hell! I mean, is it bad for me? YES, I KNOW. Do I smoke in front of people who don't smoke? NO. So, as an adult, I am no longer allowed to do with my body what I want to do with my body. Thanks, Mein Furher, for running my life better then I can run it

I mean, America has an epidemic of obesity that is killing people left and right...so, why doesn't Obama ban the flavor chocolate? Why stop with kreteks?

The whole thing is absurd and really has got me angry. And no, I AM STILL NOT QUITTING! IF ANYTHING, THIS LAW MAKES ME WANNA SMOKE MORE OUT OF SPITE!

I will either A) buy them from the internet where I am sure I can get them on there somewhere from Canada or something, because the law does not effect imports or B), buy pipe tobacco and add spices and roll my own damn cloves.

And you know, people are saying how great it is to have a "pro-choice" president who respects a woman's right to a choose...but what about MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE how the hell I want to poison my body!?

KEEP YOUR LAWS OF OF MY BODY AND OUT OF MY LUNGS!

I am 27, black, and from the blue state of New Jersey, and there is no way in hell I would ever vote for this Fascist piece of human filth ever again.

Last edited by victorianpunk; 06-22-2009 at 11:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 10:49 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,481 times
why does the color of your skin matter who you vote for?

Old 06-22-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
why does the color of your skin matter who you vote for?

Because everyone assumes that all black people are Obama's lemmings, that's why.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:00 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,285 times
Are we supposed to care who you will vote for?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:01 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
This is the LAST STRAW. I would vote for anyone, up to and including a ham sandwhich before I ever vote for Obama in 2012.

Today, Obama signed the single most fascist piece of legislation since the Patriot Act. An anti-smoking bill which bans any flavor in tobacco, including my cloves!

Obama to sign anti-smoking bill in Rose Garden - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_tobacco - broken link)

What the hell! I mean, is it bad for me? YES, I KNOW. Do I smoke in front of people who don't smoke? NO. So, as an adult, I am no longer allowed to do with my body what I want to do with my body. Thanks, Mein Furher, for running my life better then I can run it

I mean, America has an epidemic of obesity that is killing people left and right...so, why doesn't Obama ban the flavor chocolate? Why stop with kreteks?

The whole thing is absurd and really has got me angry. And no, I AM STILL NOT QUITTING! IF ANYTHING, THIS LAW MAKES ME WANNA SMOKE MORE OUT OF SPITE!

I will either A) buy them from the internet where I am sure I can get them on there somewhere from Canada or something, because the law does not effect imports or B), buy pipe tobacco and add spices and roll my own damn cloves.

And you know, people are saying how great it is to have a "pro-choice" president who respects a woman's right to a choose...but what about MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE how the hell I want to poison my body!?

KEEP YOUR LAWS OF OF MY BODY AND OUT OF MY LUNGS!

I am 27, black, and from the blue state of New Jersey, and there is no way in hell I would ever vote for this Fascist piece of human filth ever again.
You are From the biggest Nanny state (my ex-state) in the Nation and you are suprised by this?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:02 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,055 times
You know, nobody is going to stop selling clove ciggs. I think you misread the article.

Quote:
The law allows the FDA to reduce nicotine in tobacco products, ban candy flavorings and block labels such "low tar" and "light." Tobacco companies also will be required to cover their cartons with large graphic warnings.
The bill is called the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act.

This act has nothing to do with clove flavored ciggs.

Cigarette manufacturers developed candy-flavored brands to target youth | HarvardScience

Read the above article, this is what they are banning. Not clove ciggs.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You know, nobody is going to stop selling clove ciggs. I think you misread the article.

The bill is called the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act.

This act has nothing to do with clove flavored ciggs.

Cigarette manufacturers developed candy-flavored brands to target youth | HarvardScience

Read the above article, this is what they are banning. Not clove ciggs.

The actual language of the bill bans any and all flavor of cigarret other then menthol (which taste like what computer vomit would taste like if computers could vomit)

Here is a better article which says it, point blank

Washington's Marlboro Men - WSJ.com

Old 06-22-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
You are From the biggest Nanny state (my ex-state) in the Nation and you are suprised by this?

Suprised? No...outraged? HELL YAHH!

Old 06-22-2009, 11:14 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Are we supposed to care who you will vote for?
Democrats and Obama needs to worry about more people saying this because more and more are saying the samething. They voted for Obama once and wont do it again

Old 06-22-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Democrats and Obama needs to worry about more people saying this because more and more are saying the samething. They voted for Obama once and wont do it again

AMEN!

I am not sure if I made a mistake because McCain was an idiot, and it was a case of "damned if you don't, damned if you do", but if the choice was Huckabee or Obama, I would vote for Huckabee in a heart beat and the same probably for Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies