Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 08:34 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,001,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I would like to see that as well. I bet we can show more lies by Fox than he can by media matters.
Remember Akre v Fox News......

The corporate media sure wasn't supporting the liberal cause of public health in that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 08:34 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Have any of you heard David Brock speak? The man is sharp. The MM will not let him on the air any longer. He's too much of a threat to their game.

He's uses objective criteria to analyze MM output. He's totally debunked this this "liberal media" poppycock.

There is moree right wing commentary in major newspapers. The is more right wing punditry on the Sunday TV shows, in cable news, and on the radio. He's got it all documented using objective standards.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:23 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Mediamatters is a proven leftwing attack machine who's only goal is to tattle on Republicans ONLY, and yet here is Shultz slams Michael Savage for calling them out on thier leftwing hate.
Boy, somebody sure had to work hard on that proof. They were hiding that fact in their mission statement.

And exactly how does pointing out the lies in the right-wing press and MSM equate to "hate?"

This is one heck of an idiotic post.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:31 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,049 times
Quote:
You can see why I would lie about him? What lies would those be?
Any lies you are fed to you by your tube, I imagine.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:32 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Boy, somebody sure had to work hard on that proof. They were hiding that fact in their mission statement.

And exactly how does pointing out the lies in the right-wing press and MSM equate to "hate?"

This is one heck of an idiotic post.

Because, they are not pointing out "lies". How can someone who gives thier OPINION be considered lying? If Savage says " I think liberalism is a mental disorder", how is that a lie?

Old 06-30-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Because, they are not pointing out "lies". How can someone who gives thier OPINION be considered lying? If Savage says " I think liberalism is a mental disorder", how is that a lie?
Nobody gives a crap what Savage thinks is a mental disorder.

That's nothing compared to the vile statements that have come out of his mouth...

Why don't you go to media matters and get a real example of his hate speech???

Then we can talk about...Better yet I'll do it.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:37 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,049 times
Quote:
Savage is a straight shooter all right.
Master manipulator Michael Savage strikes again (http://www.examiner.com/x-10319-Michael-Savage-Examiner~y2009m6d22-Master-manipulator-Michael-Savage-strikes-again - broken link)

Haha, he's got a book about him.
"Savage Lies - The Half-Truths, Distortions and Outright Lies of a Right-Wing Blowhard"

Old 06-30-2009, 09:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Oh, you mean the comedy channel that lies to its viewers--labeling wayward Republicans as Democrats. Of course, it probably works--given the average educational level of the FOX viewer.
How many college degrees do you have, MF? I am an avid Fox viewer, (daytime through Beck) and I have an MS degree with nearly 100 hours beyond. Can you or many other libs top that? If not stop calling us stupid and uneducated.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Nobody gives a crap what Savage thinks is a mental disorder.

That's nothing compared to the vile statements that have come out of his mouth...

Why don't you go to media matters and get a real example of his hate speech???

Then we can talk about...Better yet I'll do it.

Savage on autism: "A fraud, a racket. ... In 99 percent of the cases, it's a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out"
July 17, 2008 4:22 pm ET filed under Research
Savage referred to Pelosi as "Nancy Mussolini"
July 16, 2008 5:09 pm ET filed under Research
Savage on California wildfires: "[F]at-hipped women would consult a 75-page manual ... about what to do before the forest fire could even be stopped"
July 11, 2008 6:49 pm ET filed under Research
Savage repeatedly referred to Pelosi as Mussolini, called her "the Mussolini in a skirt"
July 01, 2008 7:38 pm ET filed under Research
Savage: Israelis speculated shooting was attack on Olmert because "he is leading them to the gas chamber"
June 27, 2008 11:42 am ET filed under Research
Savage: "The children's minds are being raped by the homosexual mafia"
June 18, 2008 3:48 pm ET filed under Research
Savage plays Dead Kennedys song again after asserting he "is now being persecuted for refusing to take the party line" on Sen. Kennedy's illness
May 22, 2008 7:17 pm ET filed under Research
Michael Savage plays Dead Kennedys song "in some respect for" Sen. Kennedy
May 21, 2008 12:08 am ET filed under Research
Savage praises comments by controversial McCain supporter Rev. Parsley advocating destruction of "false religion" Islam
May 15, 2008 5:49 pm ET filed under Research
Savage on Obama: "He's an Afro-Leninist, and I know he's dangerous"
April 15, 2008 5:55 pm ET filed under Research
Savage on Obama: "Now we have an unknown stealth candidate who went to a madrassas in Indonesia and, in fact, was a Muslim"
April 07, 2008 11:25 am ET filed under Research
Savage: "I would round up every member of the ACLU and of the National Lawyers Guild and I'd put them in a prison in Guantánamo and I'd throw the key away"
April 01, 2008 6:37 pm ET filed under Research
Savage: Obama was "hand-picked by some very powerful forces ... to drag this country into a hell that it has not seen since the Civil War"
March 19, 2008 2:20 pm ET filed under Research
Savage: "[W]hy are there no queries being provoked about Saddam Hussein -- I mean, Barack Hussein Obama?"
February 29, 2008 7:54 pm ET filed under Research
Savage on Obama: "We have a right to know if he's a so-called friendly Muslim or one who aspires to more radical teachings"
February 22, 2008 6:53 pm ET filed under Research
Savage claimed Lantos used the Holocaust as "a weapon the rest of his life"
February 12, 2008 3:44 pm ET filed under Research
Savage on possibility of Obama nomination: "Think John F. Kennedy Jr. ... and the airplane. Think the Mena airport"
February 01, 2008 7:51 pm ET filed under Research
Savage: "Bring in 10 million more from Africa. ... They can't reason, but bring them in with a machete in their head"
January 31, 2008 2:03 pm ET filed under Research
Savage on Media Matters: "They're the brownshirts of our time"
January 14, 2008 6:31 pm ET filed under Research
Savage smeared Obama with false name, "Barack Madrassas Obama"
January 11, 2008 7:06 pm ET filed under Research
Savage rant: Media Matters made up of "yokels and drunks," "cretins," "rat snitches," "snitch perverts," and "scum"
December 18, 2007 7:51 pm ET filed under Research
Savage calls Retired Brig. Gen. Keith Kerr a "gay, phony general"
December 05, 2007 11:45 am ET filed under Research
Savage: "[L]oving, kind lesbian" is "the type that stuffed ovens in Hitler's concentration camps"
November 09, 2007 5:59 pm ET filed under Research
Savage on "gay, fascist website" Media Matters, a "bunch of punk coward psychotics"
September 28, 2007 12:29 pm ET filed under Research
Savage responds to "fascist, gay website named Media Matters"
September 19, 2007 7:51 pm ET filed under Research
Savage's website: "BULL-DYKE FASCIST TASERS STUDENT WHO ASKS KERRY TOO MANY QUESTIONS"
September 18, 2007 3:24 pm ET filed under Research
Savage said Imus was "lynched," compared his firing to "what was done in Nazi Germany to Jews"
July 23, 2007 6:22 pm ET filed under Research
Savage distorted facts to claim double standard by "this hate group, Media Matters"
July 20, 2007 12:06 pm ET filed under Research
Savage: Rep. Ellison, atheists share "hatred of Christianity and hatred of Jews"
July 17, 2007 5:08 pm ET filed under Research
Savage on "hate group" Media Matters: "The noose will wind up around their neck, not mine"

Old 06-30-2009, 09:47 PM

The OP is very concerned the MM is a hate site.....attacking poor Michael Savage....LOL

Black is white and up is down to right wingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies