Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 07:55 PM

42 posts, read 58,129 times

Advertisements

President Obama' poll numbers are starting to drop. So there is some hope that the people are starting to realize what a disaster he is to what people really want the Government to do. Most want to be left alone, to go to work and have a few dollars to enjoy with their families. President Obama's policies are decidely against everything, well, not everything, against what most people want. We want to be able to decide what cars we drive. We don't want gas prices going through the roof because of taxing policies, we don't want our jobs shipped to China or elsewhere. We don't want bail-outs of multi-million dollar corporations so that the government can take them over, but mostly, we don't want to scrape by day-to-day to pay for taxes that will be needed to cover his spending.

For those that do want his policies, again I make the argument, the bill for your energy, electricity, gas, and heating, and the taxes you pay are minimum amounts. Please feel free to pay 2, 3, 4, or 5 times these amounts to spare the rest of us your ideals. I believe that this Cap and Trade policy which no-one knows because even Congress hasn't read the full 1300-page bill, will drastically raise the energy costs to people and industries. His model is based on the Spanish policy which increased their unemployment to 15% and they did not have the industrial base we do. We may be looking at 20-25% unemployment and the bull they give you that it's to cut pollution is pure garbage. Because basically our factories are far less polluting per product produced then where it will be made when they shut down ours, so you're going to bankrupt the American economy and increase world pollution anyway.

Hopefully people will wake-up and stop worrying about what Michele is wearing today and realize what her husband is doing to this Country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 07:59 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
I don't guess it would cross your mind that a Democratic President could have a "small" popularity drop because is supporters are not satisfied with him fighting for progressive/liberal values????

You automatically assume it's because people are wanting more of your right wing ideology....LOL

Well you just keep thinking that. .........Become even more right wing.....LOL

Old 06-30-2009, 07:59 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Keep dreaming. Most Americans still approve of the job he's doing, and an even bigger majority like the guy.

On the bright side - for you, that is - Obama only has 1,300 days left in his first term.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
and that my friend is why GOP is out of a job, all lecturing and no listening.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:05 PM

42 posts, read 58,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Keep dreaming. Most Americans still approve of the job he's doing, and an even bigger majority like the guy.

On the bright side - for you, that is - Obama only has 1,300 days left in his first term.

His job approval rating is now below 40 on many of his policies and his personal popularity has dropped already more then 10%. The majority of Americans who like him is growing slimmer by the day and as the unemployment rate goes up, more and more people are going to dislike him. Remember his promise that if they passed the Stimulus package, unemployment would stay at 8%; it's now at 9.4%. As it affects more and more people his popularity will drop like a rock.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:06 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
I'm not a Democrat and I'm not one of the pro-Obama people, but I do think your post is rather suspicious given your location.

EDIT: I see you changed your location from Wasilla specifically to just Alaska. Don't want to be associated with Ms. Ditz any longer, do you?

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 06-30-2009 at 08:19 PM..

Old 06-30-2009, 08:07 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Default Are people waking up, and is it too late?

I've been told that as stress and threat increase, a person's sight and hearing improves.

It is never too late.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:11 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'm not a Democrat and I'm not one of the pro-Obama people, but I do think your post is rather ironic given your location.
Hee hee no kidding!

Old 06-30-2009, 08:13 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan58 View Post
His job approval rating is now below 40 on many of his policies and his personal popularity has dropped already more then 10%. The majority of Americans who like him is growing slimmer by the day and as the unemployment rate goes up, more and more people are going to dislike him. Remember his promise that if they passed the Stimulus package, unemployment would stay at 8%; it's now at 9.4%. As it affects more and more people his popularity will drop like a rock.
I'll believe it when I see it. For now, he's doing fine. No one expects him to remain super-popular forever. That's why it's likely we'll see a health care bill passed into law in the very near future. Now's the time to do it, because he'll probably never be as popular as he is currently.

Pollster.com: National Favorable Rating: Barack Obama

Old 06-30-2009, 08:15 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Bright side = 2010 election and massive loss for Democrats in Congress

Brighter side = 2012 election and Obama is a one term President just like James Earl Carter.

Reality and time do wonders to unmask hype and mystery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies