Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 01:31 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Right. So because Bush did it, according to you, that makes it right. However, this idiot spent his campaign and every day since he's been in office, ramming down our throats the fact that he is NOT like Bush. So which one is it? As always, the "truth" is whatever suits him.
Wait a minute...so because Obama is doing the annual picnic, that makes him just like Bush? What kind of logic is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 01:37 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
LMBO you act like he doesnt have the power to cancel a picnic. The most powerful man in the nation and he cant cancel a picnic lmbo And you get the point that the man with his hands on the nuke codes cant cancel a picnic

Nothing but excuses

THIS COUNTRY IS BROKE. THAT MONEY COULD HAVE GONE TO MANY OTHER THINGS BUT INSTEAD WE PAID FOR A PICNIC THERE IS EXCUSES FOR IT

YOU ALL COMPLAINED ABOUT MONEY GOING TO IRAQ INSTEAD OF HELPING AMERICANS BUT PAYING FOR A RICH POLITICIAN TO HAVE A PICNIC IS FINE.

Lmbo what a joke
I'm sorry that you think politics is a joke but yeah I honestly don't believe he would have been able to cancel this picnic. Aside from the fact that it's tradition, it would have caused the "doom seekers" to overdose on bad news. They've been saying the economy is on the rebound; how would it have looked if he canceled an annual event? Appearances are everything in politics. Don't know where you've been but this isn't the first time the economy has been bad and it won't be the last - White house business will continue to go on as long as there is a White house. Oh and the capital letters thing is so Yahoo Chat circa 1996

Old 06-26-2009, 01:39 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Wait a minute...so because Obama is doing the annual picnic, that makes him just like Bush? What kind of logic is that?
It's exactly the same logic the other poster was using.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
And you get the point that the man with his hands on the nuke codes cant cancel a picnic.
Maybe they forgot to tell him that "9" gets an outside line on the phone ?

Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I'm sorry that you think politics is a joke but yeah I honestly don't believe he would have been able to cancel this picnic. Aside from the fact that it's tradition, it would have caused the "doom seekers" to overdose on bad news. They've been saying the economy is on the rebound; how would it have looked if he canceled an annual event? Appearances are everything in politics. Don't know where you've been but this isn't the first time the economy has been bad and it won't be the last - White house business will continue to go on as long as there is a White house. Oh and the capital letters thing is so Yahoo Chat circa 1996
If I thought of this as a joke i would not be so ticked off at out gov in all forms wasting our money. Dont ya think.

He is the president of this country he could cancel a picnic if he wanted to but he obviously doesnt want to or he wouldnt have those weekly wed parties.

The economy is going to rebound sooner or later. Have you checked the lastest unemployment figures they are higher. Yet we are wasting money on a picnic

That does NOT chance we are so deeply in debt. I dont want my grandchildrens children paying for Obama or any other president to have a picnic

I used that cap letters because some seems to forget that this country is broke but darn it lets pay for some rich politicians to have a picnic

Old 06-26-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Maybe they forgot to tell him that "9" gets an outside line on the phone ?
Lmbo Great one

Old 06-26-2009, 01:47 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Right. So because Bush did it, according to you, that makes it right. However, this idiot spent his campaign and every day since he's been in office, ramming down our throats the fact that he is NOT like Bush. So which one is it? As always, the "truth" is whatever suits him.
the "truth" is there is a budget for running the white house. from security, food, right down to the office supplies and the annual easter egg roll. there is a price to pay to uphold the office of the president, to uphold the standards and the traditions of the US. this president should not live a lower standard than every other president. I don't care if it is crawford or a trip to NY or hawaii. life cost money, I am not going to sweat the small stuff. everyone who gripes about this kind of stuff is just a disgruntled cheapskate. if you miser's want to get to the nitty gritty start talking about "saving" money else where. you gripe about a luau...what about the daily count of what the war costs us. if you have a better budget for the white house and it's expenditures, lets here it.
if the POTUS (any pres) spent his term not entertaining, not travelling the world, not going on vacations, wearing clothes from wallmart and shutting down most wing's of the white house, working out of one room would you like that better? like it was pointed out by others get a frickin' life, gripe about something important.
the president is not like the rest of us middle class.
as my father used to say...rank has its privlieges

Old 06-26-2009, 01:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the "truth" is there is a budget for running the white house.
There is no money..it's all deficit spending. You don't write a check when you have no money in the bank.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People really are stupid. The White House will do this regardless of the economy or whether or not YOU have a job. The money saved by not doing it won't go to you or help anyone anyway. It's like people telling me I shouldn't spend the evening out because kids are starving somewhere. Nope, that didn't fly then and this doesn't fly now.
Of course it wont stop because we have some wont demand it stop.

Atleast when you are going out for the evening you are using your own money and not someone elses.

We keep electing these tools to do whatever they want

Old 06-26-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the "truth" is there is a budget for running the white house. from security, food, right down to the office supplies and the annual easter egg roll. there is a price to pay to uphold the office of the president, to uphold the standards and the traditions of the US. this president should not live a lower standard than every other president. I don't care if it is crawford or a trip to NY or hawaii. life cost money, I am not going to sweat the small stuff. everyone who gripes about this kind of stuff is just a disgruntled cheapskate. if you miser's want to get to the nitty gritty start talking about "saving" money else where. you gripe about a luau...what about the daily count of what the war costs us. if you have a better budget for the white house and it's expenditures, lets here it.
if the POTUS (any pres) spent his term not entertaining, not travelling the world, not going on vacations, wearing clothes from wallmart and shutting down most wing's of the white house, working out of one room would you like that better? like it was pointed out by others get a frickin' life, gripe about something important.
the president is not like the rest of us middle class.
as my father used to say...rank has its privlieges
Do you realize this country is deeper in debt then its ever been? We had to borrow or just print that money to pay for that picnic.

At sometime someone has to use some common sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies