Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 12:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Most people never get to see, in person, their President, Governor, Local Head Sheriff, Their favorite actor, singer... They still mourn. It takes a cold hearted b****.....

Yep. I never met MJ, but his musical style DID have an impact on the way I wrote and recorded songs. Same with Buddy Holly, even though he died many many years before I was born. Some things simply transcend death. This isn't a no-talented flash in the pan musician, this is a man who altered pop music forever more than once.

I understand people saying 'who cares', because I didn't care when Princess Diana died (as an example) because she didn't impact my life whatsoever. MJ did.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:25 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
I dont know how MJ didnt impact everyones life in some fashion

Old 06-26-2009, 12:58 PM

240 posts, read 1,289,553 times
Michael Jackson was one of the greatest artist of all times. That's a fact his record sales prove it. And for the people who said he had mental issues some might think you have mental issues for talking negatively about a dead person. This shows definite lack of character.....

Old 06-26-2009, 01:04 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
Michael Jackson was one of the greatest artist of all times. That's a fact his record sales prove it. And for the people who said he had mental issues some might think you have mental issues for talking negatively about a dead person. This shows definite lack of character.....

thorpe,

Michael Jackson was a great performer, but he deteriorated into a caracature of himself after Thriller. He had obvious problems, and none of the people who made money off of the man ever once tried to help him.

From his addiction to plastic surgery to his inappropriateness with young boys (and, whether or not he molested them is not a factor, a 40 + year old man should NEVER have a "sleepover" with a boy) to his overspending, and germ phobia. He was troubled, and though he was surrounded by people, none of them helped him, not one intervened, they just made sure he made it on stage.

Michael Jackson never had a "normal" childhood, he was exploited from the age of 10.

A lot like Elvis Presley and his entourage of leeches.

What a darned waste.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,936 times
A tragic life comes to a tragic end, but at least the King of Pop is no longer in pain. What an absolutely tragic life this guy led - the best selling artist of all time and he ends up mangling his face and living, literally, in a circus. From giving the children Jesus Juice to dangling his newborn baby over a balcony, Jacko was never far from a controversy and the media loved to follow him because he was just a weird dude. But a really, really talented weird dude.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:38 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
Thank you so much I've been saying that all day but putting it if you respect life you must also respect death

Old 06-26-2009, 01:57 PM

893 posts, read 1,579,951 times
MJ was a highly talented , musical genius. Just because one doesn't care particularly for a certain genre, doesn't mean you can deny their talent. I certainly don't like pop, and MJ only had one song that I really liked. Still, he was an icon. Record sales prove that.

No one knows the real truth behind the darkness. I can't imagine what it would have been like to be in MJ's shoes. Was he strange? hell yes. he was. A product of an overly abusive, pushy, and greedy father. I don't think Michael ever escaped that, until yesterday. Fortune and fame does come at a price.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:03 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,851,545 times
I remember him being on the top of the world in 1983 or so with Thriller.... After that he descended into wierdness and pedophilia.... He seemed to be one of those people who were famous for being famous 20 years ago. Like Elvis in the mid 1970's... I remember one song after Thriller, "Bad", which was fairly bad come to think of it... What a sad pathetic person at the end.... Another 10 years and he would have been on "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here."

Old 06-26-2009, 02:22 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Reading through some of these posts reminds me of when you are at a big Irish wake with everyone sharing memories and good thoughts about the departed. Then somebody comes in that everyone says; "Oh no. Here we go again. He always has to say rotten things and pick a fight with everyone." And they always turn out to be right. Some folks live to fight and always have to find the worst in people....even at a time when it can serve no purpose but to cause pain.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,652 times
Default Judge the Jobs Created!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
How many jobs have you created?
That's exactly what I was thinking ndfmnlf. Michael Jackson created hundreds if not thousands of jobs. That's what we should be remembering him for. Same with Adolf Hitler, he created millions of jobs in Germany just before he slaughtered half of Europe.

Please don't judge people by the atrocities they commit, judge them by the jobs they create.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies