Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:42 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Some people are like school in the summertime...NO CLASS.
Excuse me? You want to talk about class?

Hmm....let's see. Well for starters, how about this??

Or this....

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 10:01 AM..

Old 06-25-2009, 07:43 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
I can tell you what I haven't done. I have never sexually molested children.

Enough said.
Like I mentioned before, he was never convicted. Whether he did it or not, only he knows. Regardless, I shouldn't be so surprised by some people on this forum. No matter what, some of you have ugly things to say about people. I actually feel sorry for you guys.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:43 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Oh please...this figures coming from someone like you...

He was idolized by many, just not black people - because of his music. The resent tour dates were announced, none were in the US. Have you taken a look at the fans in Europe & Asia who "worship" him? they aren't black
I'm white and I enjoyed his music.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:

How many jobs have you created?

Old 06-25-2009, 07:44 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
I often wondered if his seeming obsession with young boys was that he never got to be a young boy himself and that when he was with them he could pretend to have the boyhood adventures and boyhood friendships that he never got to have. I could be wrong and perhaps he was just a dirty old man. But this was a theory that kept coming back to me over and over throughout the years.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:45 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Like I mentioned before, he was never convicted. Whether he did it or not, only he knows. Regardless, I shouldn't be so surprised by some people on this forum. No matter what, some of you have ugly things to say about people. I actually feel sorry for you guys.
The facts are that just because someone is found not guilty does not mean they are innocent. Look at OJ.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:46 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
I cannot believe all of the judgements being made by folks who clearly do not know him. Everything said may be valid but to say it with such certainty is very disturbing. Peace to his family and fans. Eternal peace for him. And hopefully, peace to all the "Christians" who I guess have decided that it is okay to skip God and just pass judgements themselves.
So, are you saying that you personally knew him?
He made himself a cultural figure.
He gets what comes with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
It's safe to say that MJ created more jobs than any of his detractors posting here on CD. The guy was an industry unto himself. His economic impact could run easily into the billions of dollars, and it will continue way beyond his death. If only for that he deserves our gratitude.
He deserves nothing from me, let alone gratitude. Get real.
He was a performing artist. He made money from his gift.
So what. It doesn't make him any better than anyone else.

BTW, what's this doing in Politics & Other Controversies?

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:

Yep, that's what I said...NO CLASS. And yeah, he was weird later in life & he definitely should NOT have done that, but all in all, he was a great performer. Don't know how someone can not only deny that but also post tasteless things about him in death. Even if someone who I disliked...say Bush or Sensenbrenner, if they were to die I would not be going on a forum talking ill of them. That's best left for when they're alive & can defend themselves.

1,117 posts, read 1,994,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
How many jobs have you created?
Oh good grief...is that the best you can come up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I often wondered if his seeming obsession with young boys was that he never got to be a young boy himself and that when he was with them he could pretend to have the boyhood adventures and boyhood friendships that he never got to have. I could be wrong and perhaps he was just a dirty old man. But this was a theory that kept coming back to me over and over throughout the years.
Well at least he never pretended to be holier than thou....unlike the pedophiles who preach from the pulpit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies