Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 08:11 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
At one time, my family had FIVE copies of "Thriller." Yes, I had one too and I was a grown man and driving a truck.

But, be that as it may, Jackson clearly exemplifies the fine line between genius and insanity. He was an inspired talent, but a genuine screwball who should have been locked up for his own good long ago.
It had to be a Volvo(Vulva) or a Freightshaker....ain't no Petercar or Kwhopper driver EVER listened to Michael Jackson...no way,no how

Old 06-25-2009, 08:11 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
I want to give my condolences to the Jackson family!!

Michael Jackson was my first Idol.

I even wore the Michael Jackson jacket with a thousand zippers.

RIP! The King of POP!
LOL, back in 7th grade my mom told me I had a choice: I could either get the flight pants or the "Thriller" album. I went w/the timeless choice, good thing I did!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Oh get off your soapbox. Jackson was a public figure and a celebrity...it goes with the territory, both in life and in death, to be talked about.

Being a great performer (which is subjective, by the way) doesn't excuse Michael Jackson's sick life. O.J. Simpson was one of the best running backs of all time...does that excuse what he did?
Yada yada. Boy, you certainly are getting steamed up aren't ya? And yes, he was a great performer & artist, ask most musicians & artists of this time, they will most definitely include him in that category. And no, doesn't excuse what O.J. did, however I don't believe I brought O.J. into this thread, did I?

Old 06-25-2009, 08:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Again, what is this doing in the Politics forum? There are other threads in both Music and Other Topics.

Oh, is he running for some office somewhere?

Old 06-25-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Again, what is this doing in the Politics forum? There are other threads in both Music and Other Topics.

Considering the disagreements that seem to be going on in this thread, I'd say it definitely fits under "controversial".

Old 06-25-2009, 08:18 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
FAUX is covering nothing but Jackson.
What is MSLSD covering?

Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

Goodness gracias! Even if you aren't a fan of Michael, at least have some consideration as many on CD and the world is shocked by his death. I was never a Jackson fan but even I'm upset over his death! If you do not wish to discuss this topic, there are zillions of other threads on here dealing with other controversies. If you wish to stay, please have some considerations for those of us who are grieving. Thank you!

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Goodness gracias! Even if you aren't a fan of Michael, at least have some consideration as many on CD and the world is shocked by his death. I was never a Jackson fan but even I'm upset over his death! If you do not wish to discuss this topic, there are zillions of other threads on here dealing with other controversies. If you wish to stay, please have some considerations for those of us who are grieving. Thank you!
Regardless, it's not the appropriate venue for this topic.
What does his death have to do with Politics?

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
May he rest and peace and may his family find some peace.

His thriller album was the 1st cd I ever got.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:20 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
50 year old men don't drop dead of heart attacks without a serious pre-existing problems with his heart. None of which has ever been mentioned, maybe they were able to keep it quiet of maybe the heart attack was brought on by something other then a heart condition, like mainlining cocaine would be my first guess.

Anyone as mentally out of it he was, would likely seek out drugs (legal or not legal) to get away from the pain, mental and physical pain. His doctors had better have their I's doted and their T's crossed because they are investigating this death.

I hope now that the mystery that was Michael Jackson comes out.

Frankly I was more touched and saddened by Farrah Fawcetts death this morning from the cancer she had been battling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies