Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 04:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,922,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The government is broke because they have made a series of wrongly motivated financial decisions and they are sleazy individuals who couldn't care less about you or anyone else. Crackheads are broke because they have made a series of wrongly motivated financial decisions and they are sleazy individuals who couldn't care less about you or anyone else. Why would you trust either of them to make important healthcare decisions on your behalf when they have something to gain by screwing you? I personally just don't see a difference. Your mother in law making this decision is far different from some heartless beancounter beurocrat deciding on her behalf.
NO ONE is suggesting that the govt. make these decisions! NO ONE! Get a grip!

P.S. Thanks SalukiFan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 04:29 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,426,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Bedridden does not mean you never get up. It simply means you require a lot of assistance to get out of bed.
And in the case of BO's grandmother, once she would have been assisted out of bed she wouldn't be going anywhere because she would still have a broken hip. Had this hip been replaced, she could spend her last few days, weeks or months enjoying a little more dignity than a written off lump of human refuse who cannot go to the grocery store for herself because she has to hurry up and die.

This is why I'm a conservative. I'm proud to be one of the people who oppose this Orwellian manipulation of our traditional American values. The left will do for the terminally ill and elderly what they did for life in the womb.

The T-4 Euthanasia Program

Old 06-27-2009, 04:30 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,861,601 times
Quote:
The government is broke because they have made a series of wrongly motivated financial decisions and they are sleazy individuals who couldn't care less about you or anyone else. Crackheads are broke because they have made a series of wrongly motivated financial decisions and they are sleazy individuals who couldn't care less about you or anyone else. Why would you trust either of them to make important healthcare decisions on your behalf when they have something to gain by screwing you? I personally just don't see a difference. Your mother in law making this decision is far different from some heartless beancounter beurocrat deciding on her behalf.

Oh yes, we can trust insurance companies, which make a profit from denying claims, to make our health care decisions!

One account of first-hand experience with a health insurance company.

Quote:
People who are caring and decent in their personal lives dispassionately read the scripted reasons why they are denying medicines -- which, for you, may literally mean the difference between life and death -- over the phone.

"That drug is not on our list," she says.

"We need more clinical proof that you need this medicine."

"The review can take up to 72 hours."

"I'm sorry, but that is our policy."
Criminal Health Care: My Experience in Insurance Company Hell | Health and Wellness | AlterNet

Old 06-27-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
And in the case of BO's grandmother, once she would have been assisted out of bed she wouldn't be going anywhere because she would still have a broken hip. Had this hip been replaced, she could spend her last few days, weeks or months enjoying a little more dignity than a written off lump of human refuse who cannot go to the grocery store for herself because she has to hurry up and die.

This is why I'm a conservative. I'm proud to be one of the people who oppose this Orwellian manipulation of our traditional American values. The left will do for the terminally ill and elderly what they did for life in the womb.

I don't think any of us know the situation as well as the patient and her doctor. It's inappropriate to say, "they could have done this", "they could have done that", etc.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:32 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,682,729 times
24 pages until a nazi reference.

Must be a new record.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:

momonkey, first you want everything done for a patient where there is no hope. Then you complain that our government is broke.

Originally Posted by momonkey
Quote:
You are all over the map. Impossible to have a reasonable discussion with you!

Old 06-27-2009, 04:40 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,426,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Not to mention, the patient would never heal from the surgery!

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in this conversation who has had both hips replaced. I walked the same day with a walker and the pain was almost non-existent. Are you telling me if I were terminally ill I couldn't talk to the people I love during my final weeks, months or years because I would be blasted out of my skull with pain medication needed for the hip injury that a government employee would find "futile" to correct?

Old 06-27-2009, 04:45 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,531,312 times
Quote:

Quit being so dramatic. If Obama's grandma had had the surgery as you recommend, she would not have been able to go to the grocery store at all coz she would have been dead at the operating table (or shortly thereafter) from complications, given how sick she already was from her underlying cancer.

You have simply failed to demonstrate how Obama's grandma's care was inappropriate.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in this conversation who has had both hips replaced. I walked the same day with a walker and the pain was almost non-existent. Are you telling me if I were terminally ill I couldn't talk to the people I love during my final weeks, months or years because I would be blasted out of my skull with pain medication needed for the hip injury that a government employee would find "futile" to correct?
Sorry momonkey, your experience is not the medical textbook for everyone.

You do not have a understanding of medicine and therefore cannot make decisions for medical care. Your argument is exactly why these decisions should be made by doctors, not insurance companies and not the government.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Of course not! You obviously were not terminally ill with cancer when you had your hip replacements. I am glad you had such a good recovery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies