Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:54 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No I'm not acting like you wouldnt be paying into it. I just doing understand why I have to pay into it for you. I dont understand why I have to pay more for you.

I am sorry I really am I do a lot to help but darn it come on. I have gone without health insurance and not one time did I ask anyone to pay my bills for me nor did I think someone else should have to work for me.

I broke my bones in my wrist and didnt have health insurance. I had my surgery paid for my surgery all by myself. Its not right nor fair that I ask someone else to pay for me while I am able to work and pay for myself.

I dont understand where this sense of entitlement comes from.
Because no one should have to go without health insurance. I shouldn't have to put myself in massive debt if something happens to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 02:14 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Because no one should have to go without health insurance. I shouldn't have to put myself in massive debt if something happens to me.
Is someone making you go without health insurance? Why cant you provide health insurance for yourself? Heck even fast food employees can get some type of health insurance.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:30 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,302,536 times
Obama is the master of corruption and deceit.

He never made a single promise and has never lied either.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:36 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
I've always said I'd happily pay higher taxes to pay for a public health plan.

Anyways, I've never expected Obama to keep all of his promises. That's not why I voted for him.
That's fine. Then put your money where your mouth is and if you want to pay for it..then go ahead. But don't stick your hand in my pocket..coz I don't want to pay for it.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:27 PM

785 posts, read 1,049,809 times
I am absolutely opposed to the idea of taxing workers’ health benefits; out of all of John McCain’s bad ideas, this was one of his worst. I believe that our health care system is broken and desperately needs to be repaired, but I fear that our health care crisis could be made even worse if we start taxing workers’ health benefits, even if we just tax expensive plans. If health benefits are taxed, many younger, healthier workers will opt to not take the employer provided insurance, meaning the employer will have to pay more for health insurance due to the fact that he/she must insure an older, sicker pool of workers. This will cause many employers to stop providing benefits. Although real, meaningful health care reform must be enacted ASAP and we will need to raise taxes somewhere in order to pay for it, don’t tax health benefits; find something else to tax. Progressives should be the one's critisizing Obama for leaving this option on the table, not conservatives. After all, this health care tax was John McCain's idea.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:49 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
That's fine. Then put your money where your mouth is and if you want to pay for it..then go ahead. But don't stick your hand in my pocket..coz I don't want to pay for it.
They think we should pay for our health insurance and theirs

Old 06-29-2009, 03:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
He's kept a lot more promises than he's broken.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

Hang in there, Obama-haters! Only 1,301 days left in Obama's first term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies