Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:02 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Well I dont hear her complaining about it. Go ahead and have Letterman tell another rape joke about her since she is not in office and all...
There's only room for one complainer in that household.

It's like, man, no matter what you say, you are going to get clobbered. If you choose to answer a question, you are going to get clobbered on the answer. If you choose to try to pivot and go to another subject that you believe that Americans want to hear about, you get clobbered for that, too.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:04 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
When's the last time you criticized anyone in the Obama administration? We'd appreciate it if you'd point those posts out for us so we can take your word with any amount of credibility.

Thank you very much for your time and cooperation.

Good luck getting an answer on that one, anyway,

REP+1

Old 07-06-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
There's only room for one complainer in that household.

It's like, man, no matter what you say, you are going to get clobbered. If you choose to answer a question, you are going to get clobbered on the answer. If you choose to try to pivot and go to another subject that you believe that Americans want to hear about, you get clobbered for that, too.
Well, Obama is changing the rules of the game. No one is allowed to criticize him..EVER on anything.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
The writer has a very short memory.
In January of 2005, 90% of the nation probably would have thought that Barack Obama was the name of a nasty disease in some foreign country.
Hope springs eternal....

"Her move 'just leaves you weaker,' said Eddie Mahe, a Republican strategist who said the party needs new stars. 'The hope has to be that there’s some folks out there somewhere who are contemplating getting involved in public life.'”

Old 07-06-2009, 08:07 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Talking List of ethics complaints filed against Alaska Gov. Palin as of June 21, 2009

To CLEAR up the Lie's..... Although some keep squawking and frothing at the mouth about her filing ethics charges against herself there is only 1 and it looks to be in with the troopergate and was dropped as all of them have been.

There are 18 total at the link.................

I would think the people of Alaska would be extremely unhappy at footing the bill for such unwarranted complaints and quite frankly bully tactics against Sarah Palin. Even to the point of filing under false names all the while the people of Alaska foots the bill for them.

Published Sunday, June 21, 2009

1. - July 28, 2008 - Alaska lawmakers launched an investigation into whether Gov. Sarah Palin abused her power when she fired Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan over his refusal to let go a state trooper involved in a contentious divorce with Palin's sister.
Stephen Branchflower, a special counsel leading the investigation, concluded Oct. 10 that Palin violated a state ethics law that prohibits public officials from using their office for personal gain.
The firing itself was deemed lawful since Monegan was an at-will employee.

4. - Sept. 2, 2008 - Palin filed a "self disclosure" with the state personnel board over the Troopergate affair, saying a state legislative probe had become too political. On Nov. 3 - the day before the election - Timothy Petumenos, a lawyer hired by the board, said that Palin violated no ethics laws when she fired Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan.

7. - Oct. 23, 2008 - Complaint with the Federal Election Commission by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics alleged the $150,000-plus designer wardrobe the Republican Party bought to outfit Palin in her vice presidential quest violated Federal Election Campaign Act.
The Washington watchdog group argued that candidates aren't supposed to use donor money for personal expenses.
The FEC ruled May 19 that party money is not covered by the ban.

8. - Oct. 24, 2008 - Complaint contended Palin abused her power by charging the state when her children traveled with her.
The personnel board found no wrongdoing, but in a Feb. 23 settlement Palin agreed to reimburse the state about $10,000 for costs associated with 10 trips found to be of questionable state interest among 72 travel authorizations studied. The money is due to the state on Tuesday.

12. - Jan. 12 - Complaint alleging interference in a job hiring was filed under the name of Edna Birch, a busybody character on the British soap opera Emmerdale.
Palin's attorney, Thomas Van Flein, said no one by that name could be found living in Alaska and the filer refused to use a real name, so the complaint was dismissed Feb. 20.

newsminer.com • List of ethics complaints filed against Alaska Gov. Palin

Old 07-06-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Sounds like you two are obsessed with Dukester..
Hard to ignore someone who has personally posted 50+ threads on Palin.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:08 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Tell WHAT to Willow Palin?

I'm sure the poor dear has enough problems with a goofy, dishonest, maniac as a mother who likes to use and humiliate her family as much as possible.
are you talking about palin or michelle obama?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Well, Obama is changing the rules of the game. No one is allowed to criticize him..EVER on anything.
Or else what happens, ELO?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:11 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,630,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
"Recent polls put Governor Palin’s in-state approval rating in the low or mid-50s, respectable but a far cry from one-time ratings near 90 percent."

There are many more articles and polls available on the internet that will tell you the same thing. You can google it yourself...it only takes a few seconds. There are also many Alaskan residents on this very forum who constantly provide us with various reasons why they dislike Sarah Palin and her antics. Her popularity has dropped in Alaska from 80-90% approval this time last year, to 50-60% now. Sure, there are still many Alaskans who like her, but it's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain that a good lot of Alaskans (roughly half) do, in fact, dislike her...as I stated pretty plainly in my previous post.

First, you absolutely CANNOT make the statement that you made.....:

"a good lot of Alaskans (roughly half) do, in fact, dislike her"

...with accuracy! Polls are NOT accurate. Many are skewed and biased. And I feel it's irresponsible and ridiculous to say that 'half' of Alaskans dislike her. Do you actually think those polling results of 50-60%, came from a complete and 100% poll of each and every living and breathing Alaskan in the state-which would have to be the case for your statement to be true.

And furthermore, to say you are basing your 'assumptions' on what you've 'read' on the internet, google and the handful or 2 Alaskan cd forum members, that is just dumb. Sry.

I'm not spinning anything. It doesn't matter why she resigned. The fact still remains that Alaskans did not lose the Governor that they elected into office...she quit on them. End of story. Any reasons she gives for doing so do not change the fact that she has quit the job her constituents elected her to do. It doesn't matter what spin she adds, what her reasons are, or what I want to be the truth. The truth is that she quit. Is this really that difficult a concept for you to grasp?

Perhaps she 'quit' (since y'all love that spin word) because she WAS ineffective as the governor of Alaska...due to all the cr*p going on with the Sarah-haters. And maybe it WAS the best for Alaska that she resign....maybe what she did was a GOOD thing? Or do you have to go immediately to the dark side just because you're scared she could be our president one day...and feel the need to bash incessantly?

Ah, yes. I'm sure you used to give intelligent responses. Right.

ok whatever you're just so smart.

It's pretty funny that you call other posters on this board "juvenile" and you clearly fail to see the hypocrisy of your accusations. How sad for you.

Glad you brought that up, one of the reasons I don't waste too much time anymore actually posting anything of length, is because the nastiness on cd was and does draw me in as well.....and I don't like that feeling of being on the defensive constantly w/such animosity-filled ppl. In other words, the only way to respond to the juvenile is TO BE juvenile....and I don't have much time for that.

She chose to start arguments with Stephen Colbert and Dave Letterman, instead of letting the jokes slide off her back like *every other* politician out there. It's her own fault that she's in the limelight.

Ok so I see you feel she was wrong in defending her DAUGHTER to DL. You must not have children....

Yeah, not so much. You don't know anything about me or my 'take' on any issues, conservative or otherwise. In fact, as a doctor and engineer, I have a very open mind.
I like how you had to throw that lil tidbit in there....congratulations! You SO smahhhhttttttt....

Old 07-06-2009, 08:12 AM

Here is a list of the 10 most corrupt politicians in 2007---notice that Obam made the list, as well as Hillary, Feinstien, Pelosi, and Reid. Interesting...

http://www.nationalledger.com/cgi-bi...e=21&num=18173
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies