Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 09:48 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Yes, interesting that Huckabee is on the list.

And how many on that list quit on the citizens who elected them in order to go fishing?

I must have missed the part where it said Huckabee was found guilty of anything.

I was just at the Palin website. She resigned the governorship of AK, but she is definitely not quitting. Now she is free to make BO a one-termer without distraction.

Last edited by momonkey; 07-06-2009 at 10:23 AM..

Old 07-06-2009, 09:56 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
the woman is an idiot, who just made millions because the majority of americans are what people? say it with me..........................idiots.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:56 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
The woman is an idiot -- she rode the populist train as long as she could. I think she will be genuinly surprised that her career is in fact over. She is delusional.
So are several millions delusional fundie wingnuts who think she is the cats meow and will send her money. There were two ads for the Sarah PAC on one newspaper site I visited today, seeking money. All money spent on Sarah is money down the drain that real GOP candidates won't be getting, further hindering the GOP from trying to resurrect itself from near-total destruction at the hands of Rove and the idiot Bush whose reign of terror/error is finally over.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:01 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Funny, according to that rationale you'd think that Palin could have easily stuck out the rest of her term, done her job, and fulfilled her commitment to Alaska.

Can and should are two different things. If Palin is as incompetent as those of you on the left contend, AK would be better off without her. So what's the complaint?

The real problem for the lib-tards out there is that she is not sitting back defending one false accusation after another. That would be a wonderful convenience for them at a time when the Republican party lacks a voice. But she just isn't doing her part, is she? No, she's stepping up to be that conservative alternative at a time when support for BO's policies is waining.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:05 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Now she free to make BO a one-termer without distraction.
Exactly right. She is now unfettered by the restrictions of a governorship.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:06 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
It's the mavericky way!

Old 07-06-2009, 10:06 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I must have missed the part where it said Huckabee was found guilty of anything.
Where did I say he was guilty of anything. I said he was on the list. Nice overreaction as usual. And he also wasn't the only one on that list not found guilty of anything. Get it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I was just at the Palin website. She resigned the governorship of AK, but she is definitely not quitting. Now she free to make BO a one-termer without distraction.
Spin, spin, spin, spin, spin. She's a quitter and a whiner. And I hope that she does get the Republican nomination. It will be smooth sailing for Obama. Lots of Republicans don't like Palin, and quitting the governorship and the people who elected her just made it worse.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:16 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
When the going gets tough, Sarah Palin quits! What a loser.

She blames the meeeeeeedia, bloggers, the McCain campaign, sexism, regionalism, elitism, the RNC and on and on and on for her failures. She wallows in the gutter in trashy, childish, embarrassing feuds and generally just proved she was not presidential material from the moment she was rolled out by the McCain campaign...

Let's face it -- the woman is not bright and is certainly incapable of honest self-reflection. And now she's a quitter, too!

Old 07-06-2009, 10:19 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,479,557 times
Default Palin and Sports?

PostPartisan - With Palin, Keep Your Eye on That Audible

"If there was one thing you could always give Palin credit for, it was her knowledge of and passion for sports. That’s why it’s worth paying attention to her badly fractured and impossibly mixed sports metaphors. When her sports references went astray, you really knew something was wrong.

Consider this passage:

A good point guard drives through a full court press, protecting the ball, keeping her eye on the basket... and she knows exactly when to pass the ball so that the team can WIN. And I'm doing that -- keeping our eye on the ball that represents sound priorities -- smaller government, energy independence, national security, freedom! And I know when it's time to pass the ball -- for victory.

Now wait a minute: First, she tells us that a good point guard keeps her eye on the basket -- and one sentence later, she’s telling us it’s the ball she’s watching. Maybe that passage explains her difficulties perfectly.

And she wasn’t done with the sports metaphors. There was also this:

We need those who will respect our Constitution where government's supposed to serve from the bottom up, not move toward this top down big government take-over... but rather, will be protectors of individual rights -- who also have enough common sense to acknowledge when conditions have drastically changed and are willing to call an audible and pass the ball when it's time so the team can win! And that is what I'm doing!

I’m not sure how to parse that mouthful, but we have clearly moved out of the world of basketball and into football. I keep re-reading those words and have to conclude that Palin called an audible here that no one can understand."

Old 07-06-2009, 10:20 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,210 times
Its like one big hippie drum circle in here. Pass the J hippies.

Funny, though. She's much more accomplished than any of the pathetic losers in here bashing her. That must make you all feel really awesome that someone so "stupid" and "delusional" is that much better than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies