Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 02:15 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The Canadian pipeline is what has the support of state government and state funds. Palin was very pro-all Alaskan pipeline at one time.

There's some interesting commentary here:

Alaska Politics Blog : Wally Hickel on the Exxon deal: "Palin is putting her national ambitions first" | adn.com

Perhaps Wally should run for governor. Then he can stick it to the lower 48 and Canada as he pleases.

Isn't it liberals who are so quick to point out that AK receives a disprportionate slice of the federal pie?

Now your assertion is that AK's natural gas is AK's and everyone else is on their own?

Sarah Palin actually wanted to share you natural gas with the rest of the country when people like you could sell it to strangers. The nerve.

I guess now you'll want to put up that video of her at that Alaska seperatists party convention because she's such a traitor to her country, right?

Anyways, thank you for the insight into the goings on in AK. I didn't realize people on the left in AK were as anti-American as the ones down here.

P.S. The reason we purchased that frozen winter wonderland is for the natural resources.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Nah, her punk oldest son enlisted instead ...
You mean the kid that went to fight for his country?

Are you so filled with hate for Palin that you would impune her son in such a way?

Old 07-05-2009, 02:18 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Yeah, as though Sarah Palin never "imposes" her "will on her constituents, has not failed at many turns, and has not told many, many lies.

Get real.

Very general accusations. Could you provide some examples with proof of her wrong doing?

Old 07-05-2009, 02:20 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Palin said that it was God's will to invade Iraq,
She said nothig of the sort, and you know it. That came from a liberal blog, which has been spreading lies about her ever since the campaign!

You find me the quote, in context (that means surrounding text of more than one sentence, in case you don't know what "context" means), post it here, and if you are right, I'll agree with you. If you can't do that, than quit spreading the lies which you people love to do so much. You heard it somewhere, or read it, never checked it out, and you spread it. That's propaganda, and it's malicious.

But I'll warn you, I already know where they got it from, and they totally took it out of context, and twisted the meaning, and have sensationalized it. This is as dirty as it gets in the Democrat game. But this is what the entire Democrat Party has become.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
... so maybe her "higher calling" is to enlist. She is obnoxious enough to annoy any "enemy combatant" into surrendering. Give Palin a microphone and a soap box and that would be the worst kind of torture to have to endure as far as I am concerned. Much worse than waterboarding!
There is absolutely nothing "obnoxious" about Sara Palin. She speeks like one who loves her country and sees it being destroyed by left wing fanatics, like yourself, and she is intent on fighting it like the rest of us.

You know, if you like so much the kind of government that the Democrats want to bring us, you could just go to Venezuela to live. Hugo Chavez sounds like he is your kind of leader.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:26 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I wonder when nononesense guy keeps blaring that only liberals dislike the governor.

I wonder how anyone could think that she can "unite" people when her own administrations have been characterized by infighting and chaos.

I wonder why David Kennedy can't even spell her name correctly.
The moniker is a misnomer, clearly. My favorite is the juxtaposition between
"bleeding heart liberal" and "hate-filled liberal." Cognitive dissonance. Palin
is an embarrassment to any sentient American.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:29 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Really? And I suppose if the MSM was hounding you and your family day and night for the last 6 months, there is no way they would paint you as a "sideshow freak" huh?
I think all the "sideshow freaks" are in the Democrat Pary. Can we say, "Barney Frank"? And he is only one.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:30 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Sarah Palin on God and the Iraq War - Articles of Faith - Boston.com
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the GOP nominee for vice-president, tonight offered an explanation for her widely circulated remarks, videotaped in June at the Wasilla Bible Church, in which she urged the assembly to pray ''that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them (American soliders) out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we are praying for, that there is a plan, and that that plan is God's plan.'' The comments have been attacked -- and abridged -- by critics (including Dan Payne in this morning's Globe) who argue that Palin was describing the Iraq War as God's plan. She contests that interpretation.

YouTube - Sarah Palin: Iraq is a task from God

Lurkers watch the clip and judge for yourself what she said and meant.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:31 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
She said nothig of the sort, and you know it. That came from a liberal blog, which has been spreading lies about her ever since the campaign!

You find me the quote, in context (that means surrounding text of more than one sentence, in case you don't know what "context" means), post it here, and if you are right, I'll agree with you. If you can't do that, than quit spreading the lies which you people love to do so much. You heard it somewhere, or read it, never checked it out, and you spread it. That's propaganda, and it's malicious.

But I'll warn you, I already know where they got it from, and they totally took it out of context, and twisted the meaning, and have sensationalized it. This is as dirty as it gets in the Democrat game. But this is what the entire Democrat Party has become.

There is absolutely nothing "obnoxious" about Sara Palin. She speeks like one who loves her country and sees it being destroyed by left wing fanatics, like yourself, and she is intent on fighting it like the rest of us.

You know, if you like so much the kind of government that the Democrats want to bring us, you could just go to Venezuela to live. Hugo Chavez sounds like he is your kind of leader.
A quote from the Queen of the tinfoil hats herself:
"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's will."

YouTube - Sarah Palin: Iraq is a task from God

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Could you provide some examples with proof of her wrong doing?
There never is any proof of wrongdoing. The Left has a habit of trying to criminalize an agenda they don't agree with - same with Palin, same with bush and cheney.

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
we were typing at the same time T!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies